Rank potential staff losses

jkitsune

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26kf4i02 said:
Hawkfan77":26kf4i02 said:
Sports Hernia":26kf4i02 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":26kf4i02 said:
Tom Cable was brought in to help create the best running game in the NFL.

Mission accomplished.

I suspect if/when Cable and Bevell are gone, people will realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
I doubt it when it comes to DB. The same folks said the same thing when Bradley left and Quinn was/is quite an upgrade.
Is Quinn "quite the upgrade" though? I mean, the Hawks finished #1 in scoring defense Bradley's last year and that was without any kind of pass rush whatsoever.

I think assistant coaches become easy scapegoats when things don't go perfectly. This is Pete's team. His defense and we do exactly what he wants on offense.
One has a Super Bowl ring the other doesn't. One's defense dominated in a Super Bowl, the other's defensive scheme got beat in Atlanta.

I think if Bradley doesn't resort to the softzone/prevent in Atlanta on the last drive in the playoffs, we might have been hoisting our second Lombardi last year. Nobody expects things to go "perfectly", no one ever said or expects that. I think most can see that Pete gives his coordinators a lot of rope and a lot of say in the playcalling on both sides of the ball.

I can't prove this to you, but I distinctly remember the X's and O's gurus here and at FieldGulls definitively proving that we were NOT running prevent/soft-zone defense at the end of that game. IIRC, we were victimized by Tony Gonzalez against our linebackers, as well as some incredible fingertip catches by the guy.