theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hendo66":1dydac5o said:
3 OC's that would be great for this team:
McDaniels
Shanahan
Haley

Article #1
Title: "Do Pittsburgh Steelers fans still want offensive coordinator Todd Haley fired?"
Byline: "Don't look now, but people are still complaining about Todd Haley's job running the Steelers offense.Here's a history of how Todd Haley came to be a controversial figure in Pittsburgh sports"
LINK: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pi ... nator-todd

Article #2
Title: "No, Kyle Shanahan is not getting fired, but he needs to make changes"
Byline: "The Atlanta Falcons are scuffling on offense, and a lot of fingers are pointing toward Kyle Shanahan"
LINK: http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/11/11 ... ke-changes

FACT: Virtually every set of fans in the NFL complains about the offensive coordinator

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Do you still think he is a bottom 10 play caller? This offense is on fire.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3u2vx5ah said:

If offense is on fire it is for reasons other than Bevell. If they suck it is all Bevells fault. No talking logic to the Bevell haters.

Threedee

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1g78qsvd said:
Hawk-Lock":1g78qsvd said:

If offense is on fire it is for reasons other than Bevell. If they suck it is all Bevells fault. No talking logic to the Bevell haters.

How many of the other play-callers pissed away a SB, and still think they did nothing wrong?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Threedee":1qqpvkvc said:
Year of The Hawk":1qqpvkvc said:
Hawk-Lock":1qqpvkvc said:

How many of the other play-callers pissed away a SB, and still think they did nothing wrong?

Not his fault. Say what you want does not change that.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I disagree and I'll explain why. It wasn't the play call it was the play call WITH that personnel and against their personnel. That's on Bevell and you can say what you want but it doesn't change that. I'm not saying its all his fault but he played a part. I'm not running a play in that moment to my special teams gunner, I'm just not going to do it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":13su5537 said:
I disagree and I'll explain why. It wasn't the play call it was the play call WITH that personnel and against their personnel. That's on Bevell and you can say what you want but it doesn't change that. I'm not saying its all his fault but he played a part. I'm not running a play in that moment to my special teams gunner, I'm just not going to do it.

On offense you do not get to decide who to line up against their defense. They get the last move there. So saying we had bad match with players it was them being good on defense. Simple. they made a great play. Doesn't mean we have to suck because of it.

SeaChat

Reaction score
This is still a good thread, and some good thoughts on things are coming from it. I still maintain the ranking system, if there really is a true method to the madness of it, is at best, terribly flawed.

With that said, the one thing that I saw come of all the different take on things, is that, on every team, the OC is only as good as the rest of his, or eventually and inevitably, her, Offensive line, collectively and individually.

That and another key factor that I see was consistently being overlooked, is that the OC, is a teammate of the offensive line, nothing more and nothing less. If you are going to rate him or her, when that day comes to pass, not on the plays they option in, but on what the QB options to do within the perimeters of the play, and how well each member of the offense executes their role within the play.

Offensive players carry out the assignments that the OC suggest to them. Each assignment has some variables built into them, and will hinge on the QBs judgement from play to play. If there is one key element that is being overlooked in the equations of OC ratings, it is the QBs judgement and the decisions they m
ake on the options provided them. What an offense does with the assignment that is handed to them from the OC will ultimately be the criteria that people or organizations will use to rate and rank them.

At the end of the day, you can't fairly rate or rank an OC, you can only rate or rank his or her offensive line, and the results they produce or fail to produce from the plays called in to them. When you say Darrell Bevell sucks, and heap all kinds of hateful insults upon him, you are in effect, putting your assessment on the shoulders of every member of the Seahawks offense. You can't logically or realistically have it any other way.

Because the Seahawks offense has consistently been effective and productive in the overall scheme of things and because as compared to the effectiveness and production results generated and judged upon the outcome of the games played against each other, the Seahawks, and their OC would or should be sitting pretty damn close to the top of that list.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Most NFL OC's are only as good as their offense are. You can be the most brilliant OC, but you can't do much if you have a bad OLine and a QB who can't execute the gameplan.

Bevell has called three really great games in a row now. IMO he is a top 15 OC.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We have plenty of Bevell threads in the main forum.

Let's head there and keep them all under one roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.