Rashaad Penny 2 carries and injured again....

Elemas

Reaction score
It was a bad pick. He flashed potential (remember that Philly game?). But, sans injuries, it was still a bad pick. Sometimes there’s a guy you can’t let slide past whatever round you’re drafting in. Penny was not one of those guys. Especially in the first.

Our drafts have been questionable over the last several years. I hope Eskridge turns out to be a baller but, there were some quality linemen available this last draft (especially at center when we picked). I guess when your team is full of holes, you can rationalize certain picks. No doubt we needed (well, still need) a quality WR3. But, that over a busted o-line? Not from my perspective.

I’d like to see JS only influenced drafts. From what I’ve read on this board and others is that he has a pretty good “hit” rate. I know he gets knocked for the Adams trade but, at the time, I would’ve jumped all over that too. JA seems to be getting better in coverage…we’ll see. Hindsight is 20/20. First rounders don’t always pan out. Taking a young pro bowler that hasn’t hit his prime yet wasn’t too terrible of an idea…

Now, if you would’ve told me we’d be 3-8….I would’ve loved to still have those picks lol.

Rambling now…Penny…yes….officially a bust.