Rashaad Penny: 2018 Results and 2019 Projections

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Barkley had 261 carries. Barkley was drafted high to be their starting RB, because they were very weak at that position. Penny was drafted as a hedge against their starters (Carson) injury history. Had Penny been given the same workload, that Barkley had last season: 4.9 x 261 = 1279-yds.

PC needs to give Penny a **sustained** amount of playing time in the next 2 games - preferably behind the starting OL instead of guys that won't make the team. Spot duty here and there doesn't allow for any RB to "get on a roll" at all. I think if PC doesn't give him a lot more work, it's because he's seeing what he has in practices and is trying to hide that talent from future opponents.

If y'all will recall, Marshawn Lynch would often have a lot of 1 to 3 yard runs and would break off a few long runs, usually later in the game after pounding the defense down. I guarantee, Lynch was given more than an average of 5 carries a game to get his yards.

Also I recall Lynch had a hard time adjusting after he got here from Buffalo, It took him a while to learn to get the ball and go without hesitation and hit the crease/hole quickly and with power. I believe Penny can learn that as well, he just needs a chance to play more to show it. Also of note, IMO- a few long outside runs will help with up the gut runs because the defense is guessing more and may be out of position or hesitate slightly due to trying to diagnose the play.

:smilingalien:

quadsas

Reaction score
xray":32q1wrwp said:
McGruff":32q1wrwp said:
Penny averaged 6.4 yards per carry over the final 7 games of the season.

That averaged is jacked because of a couple broken plays that he found space to run.

Because he could not see easy 4-5 yards on those runs. There is a breakdown of those plays that basically highlights how poor Penny's vision is

xray

Reaction score
We will see in pre season game 3 just what all the fuss is about Penny . I really hope he exceeds what all his supporters say he can do . I just want the very best players on the field. if it's him gr8...but if he can't then bring in the next best they got .

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":faetuwej said:
Yeah, it would be a huge insult to a seahawks fan to be sporting a Seahawks player jersey.

Shame on me . . .

just 22 & 20 LOL....just messin with you...

Latest posts