Rashaad Penny

King Dog

Reaction score
toffee":2h2vrwni said:
King Dog":2h2vrwni said:
I heard Pete's pressor on 710 yesterday and he said Penny was 240 pounds. For the life of me I don't understand why he decided to go from his playing weight in college of 220 to 240. He looked like a complete stud in college. That being said, he did look faster than earlier in the season against the 49ers.

I'm in my 40's and have dieted and lost weight many times. 20 pounds makes a big difference in speed and quickness. At least for me.

The fact that he's 5'11" and 240 pounds at 22 years old is a little worrisome to me anyway.....

Penny was 240, but not anymore? I thought he lost some weight in the last month or two?

Sorry. He currently is 240.

Seymour

Reaction score
King Dog":1aimyoar said:
toffee":1aimyoar said:
King Dog":1aimyoar said:
I heard Pete's pressor on 710 yesterday and he said Penny was 240 pounds. For the life of me I don't understand why he decided to go from his playing weight in college of 220 to 240. He looked like a complete stud in college. That being said, he did look faster than earlier in the season against the 49ers.

I'm in my 40's and have dieted and lost weight many times. 20 pounds makes a big difference in speed and quickness. At least for me.

The fact that he's 5'11" and 240 pounds at 22 years old is a little worrisome to me anyway.....

Penny was 240, but not anymore? I thought he lost some weight in the last month or two?

Penny is currently 5'11" 240 and that came from Pete? I'm finding that a little hard to believe, he doesn't look that big to me. I had heard that was around his entry weight in camp before he shed some pounds and that was part of the early season struggles, getting down to the right weight.

Can you tell us where to find this sound clip?

9/18/18 Just prior to the beginning of preseason, Carroll casually mentioned Penny was up to 236 pounds, a jarring 16 pounds gained since the combine.

If we track Carroll’s comments both in August and on Tuesday morning, Penny now sits at 228 pounds, having gained 16 and then dropped eight since the spring. Perhaps they are trying to find his ideal weight—which is completely fair—but it isn’t the first time this has happened.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/1...-weight-changes-yet-again-seattle-seahawks-rb

King Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1j4ncrf8 said:
King Dog":1j4ncrf8 said:
toffee":1j4ncrf8 said:
King Dog":1j4ncrf8 said:

Penny is currently 5'11" 240 and that came from Pete? I'm finding that a little hard to believe, he doesn't look that big to me. I had heard that was around his entry weight in camp before he shed some pounds and that was part of the early season struggles, getting down to the right weight.

9/18/18 Just prior to the beginning of preseason, Carroll casually mentioned Penny was up to 236 pounds, a jarring 16 pounds gained since the combine.

If we track Carroll’s comments both in August and on Tuesday morning, Penny now sits at 228 pounds, having gained 16 and then dropped eight since the spring. Perhaps they are trying to find his ideal weight—which is completely fair—but it isn’t the first time this has happened.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/1...-weight-changes-yet-again-seattle-seahawks-rb

Brock and Salk's interview on Monday.

Seymour

Reaction score
King Dog":ga68nmai said:
Seymour":ga68nmai said:
King Dog":ga68nmai said:
toffee":ga68nmai said:

Brock and Salk's interview on Monday.

Interview with Pete then?

toffee

Reaction score
240 is quite a bit for a 5'11" back that relies on quickness, almost FB territory.

Seymour

Reaction score
King Dog":39ecl2oj said:
About 35:35
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

Penny: 240
Carson just under 230
per Pete

Thank you....I had to hear it to believe it! Pete actually said it twice like he had trouble believing it. :shock: :shock:

I don't get why he is all over the board on his weight over short periods of time? Ohh well, just hope he doesn't go full Lacey on us because right now he still looks good and still has quickness.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can't believe any of the weights, Lynch was said to be 215 but we know that is crap as well, Penny looked 240 after he came back from injury but unless he has been able to turn some of that baggage to muscle and look leaner but heavier which is possible considering how well Carson did it then I take weight by the staff during the season and throw it out the window.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1wz0c2s6 said:
I think the team still views Penny as the future and Carson ideally as the second option in a 60/40 split and I'm guessing we see that next year...

What makes you feel that Pete only wants Carson to carry 40% of the load and Penny 60? Do you believe Pete views Penny as a dependable up the middle runner to warrant such a change in load %?

Seymour

Reaction score
King Dog":2xypkvjd said:
Turns out weight may be a little bit of an issue for Penny straight from his mouth. Hope he really steps up his nutrition habits so he has a long prosperous career.

Start at about 2 minutes
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... +and+Moore

That was the same thing Pete talked about early on, now his weight is back up to where it was a problem before. God I hope we didn't sign another problem eater. #feastmode :roll:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How did he injure his ankle in practice? He has an opportunity to be The Man so he better be ready to play come kick off.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I really like Penny and have high hopes for him. Then I see Nick Chubb looking good in Cleveland and know that we could have had him. Penny is ours though and he has shown improvement as the season progressed. So, go Penny!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Who cares what his weight is...he's been playing well of late. Some can't get over that Penny wasn't their choice so they have to minimize and criticize him every chance they get so they feel better. In the last game he had 7 carries for 65 yards and a TD. His weight isn't holding him back currently. His slow start had more to due with his hand injury, IMO. So what if he struggles with his weight (it's not like he's Jamarcus Russell at 300 pds). He getting limited carries/opportunities and is producing.

D

DomeHawk

hawkfan68":1fgjqwxb said:
Who cares what his weight is...he's been playing well of late. Some can't get over the that Penny wasn't their choice so they have to minimize and criticize him every chance they get so they feel better. In the last game he had 7 carries for 65 yards and a TD. His weight isn't holding him back currently. His slow start had more to due with his hand injury, IMO. So what if he struggles with his weight (it's not like he's Jamarcus Russell at 300 pds). He getting limited carries/opportunities and is producing.

Totally agree, he didn't come out of the gate fast but he's made progress every week.

mrblitz

Reaction score
the other day, penny went up the middle for 5 or 6 one time, and broke a tackle or two. if he adds this - yardage up the middle - to his game, it will help his outside runs. this penny dude is the real deal. if he's really 240 pounds and moving as well as he does, that's a 'load'. great, great, running back.

carson is really good, too.

even davis and mckissic are ok.

they definitely need to find someone who blocks as well as fluker did. fluker was sealing off defenders. hadn't seen that kind of run blocking in a long time. is fluker coming back any time soon?

mrblitz

Reaction score
you find a fluker highlight reel, and he's taking people out of plays. it's like he finds a way to get between the defender and the runner, and he creates a bit of space for the runner, while the defender can't make a play. he was doing this to the rams even, and they have a great front 4. they need to make a factory and churn out guys like fluker with that technique.

chris98251

Reaction score
brimsalabim":202tj708 said:
How did he injure his ankle in practice? He has an opportunity to be The Man so he better be ready to play come kick off.

He left and had it taped up in the last game

Latest posts