Rashaad Penny

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Some of the people saying it was too early to label him a bust (which it was) are now declaring him not-a-bust based on ten carries. Pretty silly.

Debating the merits of drafting a RB in the first round is fine, but still way too small of a sample size to declare him a bust or non-bust.

Seymour

Reaction score
I really like what I saw from Penny today. Finally we saw him put on some moves and show some open field bursts. That is great news for Hawk fans. :2thumbs:

I thought all and all it was a good game, but seeing Pete put the game in SeaBass's hands when he is ofer 25 was a pathetically bad call IMO.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Outstanding game by Penny. He looked much quicker and more decisive today than before. He has very good burst when he gets outside. Great to see.

mrblitz

Reaction score
before, penny looked tentative. this was in contrast with other rookie running backs who will make their move too soon. it looked like penny were waiting too long to 'make the cut'. the radio guy said after the game today, that penny burned a DE, an S and a CB in 3 separate outside runs; like penny's 'burst in turning the corner' is amazing.

sutz

Reaction score
Also the first time he got more than 5-10 carries. Good outing.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree. Credit goes to:

-The Oline for giving Penny an open lane to run thru.

-The WRs who blocked for him down field.

-Penny. Running to daylight, making decisive moves in the open field and using his 4.45 speed for big gains.

Reminds me of the BeastMode days.

toffee

Reaction score
If Penny keeps this level of plays up, he is well worth that first round pick. Not sure if it was the aspect ratio of my TV, Penny looked a but slimmer yesterday? I am very excite with a duo of Penny and Carson, like what Atlanta had in their super bowl year with Coleman and Freeman.

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":2axz1a3u said:
Not sure if it was the aspect ratio of my TV, Penny looked a but slimmer yesterday?
Probably the white unis. ;)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Schottenheimer mixed Penny in well again. Get him a crease to the outside, let him pickup a head of steam, and he becomes difficult to stop. Would have liked to have seen one or two screens to Penny, and one less inside zone run.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jeremy517":32d8j0pp said:
Some of the people saying it was too early to label him a bust (which it was) are now declaring him not-a-bust based on ten carries. Pretty silly.

Debating the merits of drafting a RB in the first round is fine, but still way too small of a sample size to declare him a bust or non-bust.
You got to admit that the folks that said that he looked to overweight & slow are probably feeling a little sheepish right now.
I agree with you, it was/is still too early to call him anything but a Rookie Running Back.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
strohmin":1u2ofk8c said:
Atradees":1u2ofk8c said:
108 yards rushing 9 yards a carry. Nice work....

I will give our O-line more of the credit.

It seems like this is happening for whoever is playing RB. Do you feel the same way about Carson?

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":a1y52stl said:
Jeremy517":a1y52stl said:

You got to admit that the folks that said that he looked to overweight & slow are probably feeling a little sheepish right now.
I agree with you, it was/is still too early to call him anything but a Rookie Running Back.

Nobody needs to feel sheepish about it. It was real, and he has dropped the weight. Lets not attempt to re-write history here please.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/1...-weight-changes-yet-again-seattle-seahawks-rb

At the Scouting Combine this past spring, Penny weighed in at 220 pounds. A solid weight for his frame and athletic profile. (For comparison, the Seahawks claimed Marshawn Lynch played at 215 during his time in Seattle.)

Just prior to the beginning of preseason, Carroll casually mentioned Penny was up to 236 pounds, a jarring 16 pounds gained since the combine.

If we track Carroll’s comments both in August and on Tuesday morning, Penny now sits at 228 pounds, having gained 16 and then dropped eight since the spring. Perhaps they are trying to find his ideal weight—which is completely fair—but it isn’t the first time this has happened.