Ravens @ Dolphins

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
253hawk":1lrn3733 said:
Milehighhawk":1lrn3733 said:
RolandDeschain":1lrn3733 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.

Agreed. Was it a penalty per the current rules? Yes. Was it dirty? No, Flacco has to own his part of getting a bit too greedy for yards and paying the price.

If it wasn't dirty, Alonso sure didn't seem to show an ounce of remorse about nearly killing someone. He knew exactly what the hell he was doing. He tracked Flacco's helmet the whole way and turned his shoulder to line it up. If he didn't think Flacco was going to slide, he would have attempted to wrap up instead of driving downward with his arms pulled in.

AridAlarmingCapybara size restricted

I didnt watch the game but Russ has been hit just as bad with NO flag while sliding before maybe not at that angle but he has def taken a few shots with no call

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I don't think it was that dirty of a hit, but Alonso should have pulled up when Flacco started going down. It's a bang-bang play at full speed, but he continues to drive down with his shoulder/head, rather than show any type of restraint.

It was a bad move by Flacco, sliding late and putting his head on a tee like that. Unfortunately when the defender doesn't let up at all and makes contact with the head that's gonna be a 15 yard penalty every time. I just feel bad for Joe the person. Dude was hailing a cab/asking for his check on the moon it looked like.