Ray Lewis has strong words on Kam situation

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":31pyvzjd said:
seahawkfreak":31pyvzjd said:
This game is a perfect way for Kam to save face. He comes in tomorrow morning saying he could not stand seeing his brothers lose without him and that contract talks can wait til offseason. Wishful thinking
Thats an absolute slap in the face to the 46 guys who played today and busted their butts. If he says that I lose any remaining respect I might have had for him

I meant this more in the way of maybe Kam hated not being with his teammates win or lose when he watched the game yesterday. I'd be interested in what you think a solution to this is or has Kam dug himself in to deep and is lost for the season? Or does Kam just eat some crow and come back?

HawkMeat

Reaction score
With Kam's tweet it is in God's hands I don't expect to see him report. You know God cares about how much millions someone gets instead of all the other tragedy in the world. ;)

12thbrah

Reaction score
So Ray Lewis basically accused Kam of murdering the Seahawks chances this year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The sentiments expressed by Ray are the exact reasons why Mike B has reported.

Kam has let his team mates down reporting is all he can do at this point and the longer he delays the worse he looks. I'd renegotiate with Mike B before I'd do so with Kam.

rjdriver

Reaction score
That's why Ray is going to the HoF.

He's a warrior. I hope Kam heeds his advice.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":dglefm0t said:
"Michael Robinson explained that holdout safety Kam Chancellor believes he should be paid extra for providing the kind of leadership that operates as supplemental coaching"

"“It thinks that’s BS,” said Rodney Harrison"

“I didn’t want extra for helping out Asante Samuel and young guys I played with. That was something I wanted to do in my heart to see these guys have success. That’s the part that makes you a leader. The fact he expects to get paid for it , baffles me. With that being said I love this guy and the way he plays the game.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eadership/

Good on Rodney for calling out MRob on that.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Swedishchef-myspace-760269.jpg

PERFECTO!!!

Kam Chancellor -- I emplore you. I beg you ... LISTEN to a man who knows from experience what legacy is all about ... and knows just how fleeting opportunity truly is. When it's gone ... it's gone and all the money in the world isn't going to change the history books.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":21whryc3 said:
andyh64000":21whryc3 said:
Pretty easy for him to say:

NFL Top 10 Career Earners
http://www.cheatsheet.com/google-news/t ... ?a=viewall

6. Ray Lewis
Career earnings: $107,796,998
How many days did he hold out? How many game checks did he not get for not showing up?

Kam is in the top tier for highest paid SS, he's a fool.

I get it...you hate Kam. He isn't my favorite person right now either. All I am saying is that someone who made over $100M in his career has no business telling someone they should be playing for legacy and not for the money.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
andyh64000":9bb8vy4g said:
Hawkfan77":9bb8vy4g said:
andyh64000":9bb8vy4g said:
Pretty easy for him to say:

NFL Top 10 Career Earners
http://www.cheatsheet.com/google-news/t ... ?a=viewall

6. Ray Lewis
Career earnings: $107,796,998
How many days did he hold out? How many game checks did he not get for not showing up?

Kam is in the top tier for highest paid SS, he's a fool.

I get it...you hate Kam. He isn't my favorite person right now either. All I am saying is that someone who made over $100M in his career has no business telling someone they should be playing for legacy and not for the money.

Ray Lewis played the game for 17 years . . . until he was 37 years old. Kam is only 27 years old, and the contract he agreed to pays him more per year ($7+ million) than Ray Lewis ever received. Certainly, Lewis is entitled to his opinion. he has been there and done that.

James in PA

Reaction score
Heard John Clayton say earlier today that he now wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks try to trade Kam. Can't believe it has gotten to this point. [emoji20]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RL said it more directly than I did, but it was to the same tune....Like I said Earl Thomas asked, "Who Got My Back", Richard Sherman said "I got Your Back", again Earl Thomas asked, "Who Got My Back", Kam Chancellor...sound of crickets.
LOB, Love Of Brothers?, yeah, with a price tag on it.
What's the price of loyalty, eh Kam?

gonzhawk

Reaction score
So he chooses the money over legacy. Remember Jerry McGuire?

Kam does not want the "QUAN" is it?

Unfortunately, he will get traded or whatever, maybe have one good year all the richer, and then quietly fade away.

One hit wonder. Sad. Its lose, lose for both of us. We will still have a chance to put together another team with a better Strong Safety we can plan for before he SABOTAGED this season.

Legacy? It can pay dividends that are priceless.

He does not see the forrest through the trees.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think this situation is on the verge of being un-repairable!

Both sides are dug in, PA has stated negotiations are over, Kam is tweeting it's in Gods hands. Obviously fans are turning.

With each passing week this situation becomes more hopeless.

Such a shame! It pisses me off that I can't wear my Kam Jersey to represent. I just can't do it, not until he's in the house and working on helping the team and his Bros in the LOB.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another Percy situation. Gotta cut that cancer quick. The FO learned that lesson well last year. A distraction has to go. This team needs its mojo back.

Hope he's doing this for the right reasons, whatever they are. C'mon Kam, we need ya, man!

Go Hawks!