Ray Lewis has strong words on Kam situation

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642894698626052096[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642890661914656768[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642892473489035264[/tweet]

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Ask him to come in after missing ten games, help us win a superbowl, and then have a nice life then. He gets to count this year toward free agency. Win/Win, yes?

Its really lame how he handled this. To actually leave the team in this spot is when he did, is just plain mean. We didn't even have time to get a decent replacement. But I guess that was his master plan.

Thing is, he is the one not "thinking outside the box" and missing the "big picture" of future earning power of his legacy rather then pay for today.

Rob12

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1zhkwtsu said:
I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another Percy situation. Gotta cut that cancer quick. The FO learned that lesson well last year. A distraction has to go. This team needs its mojo back.

Hope he's doing this for the right reasons, whatever they are. C'mon Kam, we need ya, man!

Go Hawks!

Not sure if that's the answer, and I'm pissed at Kam. But comparing him to Percy (I've done it too) is wrong. Losing him permanently could have some pretty big effects on not only the roster but the locker room.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm so wishy-washy over this right now... Watched the 2013-14 playoffs and Kam was the best player on the field.

Rob12

Reaction score
gonzhawk":1qcsvdtp said:
Ask him to come in after missing ten games, help us win a superbowl, and then have a nice life then. He gets to count this year toward free agency. Win/Win, yes?

Its really lame how he handled this. To actually leave the team in this spot is when he did, is just plain mean. We didn't even have time to get a decent replacement. But I guess that was his master plan.

Thing is, he is the one not "thinking outside the box" and missing the "big picture" of future earning power of his legacy rather then pay for today.

He's not doing it to be mean. It's likely that he absolutely loves playing for the Seahawks. But he sees himself as having an insane amount of worth to this team, and he's trying to give a huge kick in the nuts to contracts being handed out based on positional value. He believes he's the best player on an elite defense, and if he can't get the APY, he wants the guarantees and security. It's hard to blame him, even if I am pissed at this entire holdout. He plays the game harder than most and puts it out there each week. I don't like that I'm softening on him a bit, and maybe it's just the fear I feel after yesterday's performance on defense, but are we really a threat with Dion Bailey taking Kam's place.

I'm a broken record tonight but this sucks, and I fear that this team is not only missing Kam's skill, but his leadership and intelligence as well.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Killer Klown.

I don't care what hes done for the team he signed a contract, honor it.

Shitty move to not go to battle with your team over money.

So much for him being such a humble and nice guy, definitely all about the team...right?

I will never support someone who acts like this, I hope he sits all year, and starts to collect dust.

Seahawk79

Reaction score
Kam needs to listen to a legend... I undeerstand his stance, and even support it to an extent. But when it comes down to it, you're a football player. Let's go 3-1!

justafan

Reaction score
Kam is a great player but he is no Ray Lewis as a leader or player.
At first this was all about a relatively small amount of money.He was underpaid but not by that much.
Not by enough to jeopardize millions of dollars,the team and his career.

At first I was hateful and pissed at his decision but now i am starting to feel sorry for him.
Now he is making decisions with pride and taking this personal.He has made the worst financial decision of his life with his heart and not with his head.I feel he has backed himself in a corner and has to much pride to back down now even though he knows he is wrong.

We have all had times where we have been too prideful and made bad decisions. Kams choices could derail a great career and ruin him financially if nobody blinks.

At this point its not about money its about proving you are right for both sides.Its lose lose right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Regardless what anyone thinks of Ray Lewis, he's right. Kam is flat out leaving his brothers behind over $.
At this point, too bad a team like Oakland or Jacksonville can't make a huge offer for him. At this point, he's nothing more than a distraction.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1rolz7x1 said:
HomerJHawk":1rolz7x1 said:
I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another Percy situation. Gotta cut that cancer quick. The FO learned that lesson well last year. A distraction has to go. This team needs its mojo back.

Hope he's doing this for the right reasons, whatever they are. C'mon Kam, we need ya, man!

Go Hawks!

Not sure if that's the answer, and I'm pissed at Kam. But comparing him to Percy (I've done it too) is wrong. Losing him permanently could have some pretty big effects on not only the roster but the locker room.

Not Percy the person, Percy the situation. Its a distraction that if not resolved quickly will do a lot of harm.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3kwyprxy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642894698626052096[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642890661914656768[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642892473489035264[/tweet]

Unfortunatley, Kam... that's the way the world works. My employer can terminate my employment for whatever they feel like. It doesn't mean that I should hold my boss and co-workers hostage over a 3% raise. If you work hard and have good work ethic, you will have a job elsewhere. He needs to stop acting like he and the rest of the NFL players didn't know what they were signing up for.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Legacy....yup...he is leaving us a legacy. :shock: :x

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Why do strange grown men harass athletes? It's his life regardless if he makes poor decisions.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":36fe3alr said:
Why do strange grown men harass athletes? It's his life regardless if he makes poor decisions.

quite creepy.

themunn

Reaction score
hawknation2015":4fun827x said:
Ray Lewis played the game for 17 years . . . until he was 37 years old. Kam is only 27 years old, and the contract he agreed to pays him more per year ($7+ million) than Ray Lewis ever received. Certainly, Lewis is entitled to his opinion. he has been there and done that.

Nov. 19, 1998:: Reaches a four-year contract extension that totals $26 million and includes a $7 million signing bonus. The new deal, which comes with two years still remaining on his rookie contract, makes him the NFL's highest-paid middle linebacker.

Aug. 5, 2000:: Agrees to restructure his contract, which gives him $4 million up front and later extends his deal by two years.

Aug. 1, 2002: : Signs a seven-year contract worth about $50 million that includes an NFL-record signing bonus of $19 million. Lewis' bonus represents the largest up-front, no-option payment in league history, surpassing the $16 million given to Ravens left tackle Jonathan Ogden before the 2000 season. This deal (which came with two years left on his contract) was supposed to be a contract that would allow Lewis to retire a Raven.

May 2005:: There are rumors Lewis wants a new contract worth $50 million. He has four years left on his NFL-record extension.

Feb. 21, 2006:: General manager Ozzie Newsome acknowledges Lewis asked to be traded before the 2005 season but added Lewis hasn't made any such request recently. It was during that season that Lewis appeared less vocal with teammates and made a habit of sitting alone on the bench during games.

Sounds like he has been there and done that. Difference is the Ravens paid up.

In particular:

It was during that season that Lewis appeared less vocal with teammates and made a habit of sitting alone on the bench during games.

El Caliente

Reaction score
As an impartial party (Saints fan, not a fan of Ray Lewis, not a fan of the Seahawks...but I respect you guys) I think Kam should play. He just signed the darn contract a year ago. He got paid, and now he wants to get paid again. I can respect his talents, and where he stands in the league, but he needs to get back to playing. The man gave his word.

That said, Lewis' opinion isn't worth spit. Lewis is a putz, and he was never put in the same position that Kam has been put in. The Ravens have always taken care of Ray, and he was never just another great player on the teams he played for. Ray was 1 of 2 premier talents on his defense...Kam is fighting to prove he is a top 5 player on his own defense, and he isn't treated like Lewis was.

Lewis knows that this is a business. Teams will cut you, wave you, trade you, force you to take a pay cut, its in his best interest to approach this the way teams do. Sure he is part of a band of brothers, but if he is cut tomorrow, his band of brothers wont be footing his bills. You and I would do the same thing. If you can get more, then get it. It's not selfish when you have so many people you need to take care of.

Also Lewis' perspective on brotherhood is probably different from Chancelor's seeing as how Chancelor has never been involved in a murder case with his brother.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1qqvedse said:
He definitely does not mince his words. Starts at 8:34

https://soundcloud.com/the-stephen-a-sm ... smith-show

*Mods I apologize if this thread shouldn't have been created, but I didn't think it belonged in the "Pay Kam" thread.

He is so write how does the rest of the team feel when he is putting Money over the team, I love what he said about after taxes he probably take home close to five hundred thousand from this.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I have had to eat humble pie on this one. I never realized how important he truly was.. Like it or not, the whole team seems lost without him. I have never seen such horrible play from linebackers and the secondary. This defense is at its best when it plays with an edge. It is clear that he is the enforcer on the defense. I am not going to fault JS or PA if they decide not to cave in given he has only played one year of his contract but it isn't just the down grade at SS that is suffering. The hawks can replace Kam like the Ravens can replace Ray Lewis. Good or bad, The Hawks will not win the Super Bowl without Kam...