Ray Lewis has strong words on Kam situation

andyh64000

Reaction score
Kam just retweeted this. God I hope that means he is coming to his senses and taking the Seahawks deal offer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RCATES":3avlkchv said:
andyh64000":3avlkchv said:
Kam just retweeted this. God I hope that means he is coming to his senses and taking the Seahawks deal offer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kam_Chancell ... r%5Eauthor
I just saw this as well. Hopefully this means something good. Otherwise why would he retweet someone calling him out.

Well, Proverbs 16:9 just basically says what he's been saying about it's all in God's hands

A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps

My hope is Lewis gets to talk to Kam and talk some sense into him.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Interesting enough up until the final play of the 4th quarter, the Seahawks D gave up 14 points. Was the D really bad? I can also say that had Bailey kept his balance he would have been able to knock that ball away. That ball from Foles was a pop up. The Rams were lucky to win this game. :pukeface:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm sort of glad that he blocked me. I know if I was still able to follow him right now I'd just be reading into everything he's posting about. Does he really need to be so ominous?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11ikefi9 said:
RCATES":11ikefi9 said:
andyh64000":11ikefi9 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kam_Chancell ... r%5Eauthor
I just saw this as well. Hopefully this means something good. Otherwise why would he retweet someone calling him out.

Well, Proverbs 16:9 just basically says what he's been saying about it's all in God's hands

A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps

My hope is Lewis gets to talk to Kam and talk some sense into him.

That is pretty brilliant Largent. The two seem to go together. Maybe Ray is that direction. :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
andyh64000":s2o0c3pj said:

He also favorited this

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KingBSon/status/643962131021475841[/tweet]

For once I agree with SeahawksGal about Twitter. :lol:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1rghiipc said:
andyh64000":1rghiipc said:

He also favorited this

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KingBSon/status/643962131021475841[/tweet]

For once I agree with SeahawksGal about Twitter. :lol:

Weird thing is, hes the only one who has liked it so far..

lukerguy

Reaction score
A few things:

- Wow, goosebumps when I listened to that Ray Lewis clip. "Money is the root of all evil".
- I actually cannot believe he favorited a tweet that supported the notion of Earl, and Sherm holding out in solidarity to support him. That is actually unbelievable. He's in a baddddd spot and I think it's sheer jealousy. He knows he's just as valuable as ET and Sherm and doesn't like being paid half of them.
- People keep saying getting his base next year moved up is for security. In what world would Seattle cut Kam before he's 30? He doesn't need security. My idea is that he wants to move all that money up so that his base salary in his last years is so small that a hold out carries all the leverage. For him to hold out a season at a base of 1MM is like peanuts, $50K a game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ivotuk":jdkjcv5i said:
"Michael Robinson explained that holdout safety Kam Chancellor believes he should be paid extra for providing the kind of leadership that operates as supplemental coaching"

"“It thinks that’s BS,” said Rodney Harrison"

“I didn’t want extra for helping out Asante Samuel and young guys I played with. That was something I wanted to do in my heart to see these guys have success. That’s the part that makes you a leader. The fact he expects to get paid for it , baffles me. With that being said I love this guy and the way he plays the game.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eadership/

I can't stand Rodney Harrison...

"I didn't want....." Rodney Harrison

NEWS FLASH!! Kam Chancellor does not give a flying duck what Rodney Harrison does or does not want!

Seafan

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1nvg7zrj said:
Interesting enough up until the final play of the 4th quarter, the Seahawks D gave up 14 points. Was the D really bad? I can also say that had Bailey kept his balance he would have been able to knock that ball away. That ball from Foles was a pop up. The Rams were lucky to win this game. :pukeface:

Agreed.

And some more perspective:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... s_on_dion/

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ewplgc9b said:
ivotuk":ewplgc9b said:
"Michael Robinson explained that holdout safety Kam Chancellor believes he should be paid extra for providing the kind of leadership that operates as supplemental coaching"

"“It thinks that’s BS,” said Rodney Harrison"

“I didn’t want extra for helping out Asante Samuel and young guys I played with. That was something I wanted to do in my heart to see these guys have success. That’s the part that makes you a leader. The fact he expects to get paid for it , baffles me. With that being said I love this guy and the way he plays the game.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eadership/

I can't stand Rodney Harrison...

"I didn't want....." Rodney Harrison

NEWS FLASH!! Kam Chancellor does not give a flying duck what Rodney Harrison does or does not want!

Kam?

McG

Reaction score
This whole situation has totally soured me on this guy. I completely understand that he is trying to make his money while at his prime. Although, how he is going about it is completely self centered. He signed the deal, no one forced him to put pen to paper. I also understand that he is probably jealous of the NBA and MLB players getting so much more money than him, that on top of it is guaranteed. The fact of the matter is he is NOT a basketball or baseball player. He needs to realize what sport he plays and get over it. All this does for me is just care a little bit less about professional sports in general and this is coming from someone who spends a huge chunk my life following it. I am 33 and I can't claim to have seen as much as some of the other guys/gals on here, but there have been very few players that I've considered my favorite throughout the years. He was one of them. This situation is so stupid, the NFL needs to put a stop to this in the next CBA, if you don't show you don't get paid for the year, period. Not just for us, but for the rest of the league.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I'll say it again.....this is similar to JPP of the Giants....who once the Giants actually got to examine his hand, realized that not only was he missing the index finger, but also a portion of the thumb on the right hand as well...that thumb is also shattered, which is an additional injury not yet realized until the actual team physician got a chance to look at it.

Kam's position is probably that he's missed games before and the team has won without him before.....People are really weird in that they don't remember Kam at half speed with turf toe or whatever the other injuries have been and the team has been good enough to win. He's a tone-setter but he's 8th of the players I would sacrifice not being on the starting defense. I'd rather have Wagner, Sherman, Earl, Bennett, Avril, KJ Wright and Mebane/Rubin in the lineup before Kam.

We are all watching what happened when Wagner left the line up last year and Kam didn't make up the difference against the Cowboys or whomever else we got beat by. He's a SS, that's it and I'm not getting involved in the Ray Lewis debacle, but similar to JPP, Kam isn't healthy.

If he was healthy, he's in Seattle letting a doctor perform a physical and seeing how he's doing. If he not close to 100% and the doctor reports that perhaps Kam has more injuries than he's letting on to, how is Kam helping himself by playing another 19 games. He's not going to see the last year of his contract, he knows it and so does Seattle.

Kam preserves his career by sitting and getting healthy. That may mean he leaves 2 to 3 M on the table, in hopes of extending a year or two on his career down the road, when perhaps salaries are higher, whether in Seattle or elsewhere.

He played with a torn ACL/MCL in the super Bowl and probably should not have done so....he probably feels like he's owed that to him.....none of it's logical, except this for me....if he was healthy, he's in the lineup and showing everyone he's full speed and ready...instead, he's not and home healing up and getting himself in the condition that accrues a year towards service and hopefully extends his playing career. At a position where physicality is his strength and requirement to get paid.

Seattle will win without him for the 1st half of the year, he's going to come back by Game 10 and be fresh and ready to go. At that stage, Seattle will be 7-3 or at worse 6-4 and still headed towards a bye or at least a 2 seed, with a chance to be a 1 seed again.

The story of what the Seahawk season isn't going to be about September or October....it's about November, December and January, which will be here in a blink of an eye. Stop worrying about a player that isn't healthy enough today to make the impact we assume he would make......because if he was healthy, he would be here.

canfan

Reaction score
Smellyman":19zx0emu said:
murderers opinion mean nothing to me.

I got to admit I was thinking the same. When I saw a headline that said "Ray Lewis would not abandon His Brothers" or some such nonsense, all I could think was - Really Ray? Not abandon them even long enough to destroy a bloodstained coat? He will abandon his "fall guy" on a murder charge, but draws the line at letting down his team. And before anybody goes on the "it was never proven" trail, tell me why he still supports the family of the dead man? Keeps him out of civil court where he knows what would happen.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/644692233791406080[/tweet]

Without Chancellor, Seahawks Slip
The MMQB’s Robert Klemko was in St. Louis Sunday and filed this about the backup for holdout strong safety Kam Chancellor…

Seattle safety Dion Bailey looked up from his hands and knees to confirm what he already knew. After he’d tripped and stumbled to the turf, Rams tight end Lance Kendricks caught Nick Foles’ lob and took it to the house, a 37-yard touchdown that sent the season opener into an overtime the Seahawks would lose. Outside of injury, it was quite possibly a worst-case scenario for Bailey in his first game as a starter while Chancellor continues his holdout for a restructured contract.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/13/nfl- ... see-titans

Thanks, Kam . . . much appreciated. :34853_doh:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
All I know is if the Hawks go 0-2 after this weekend, 1 of those losses could have been prevented with Kam coming to work. And if 1 game is all it comes down to for the Hawks not getting HFA in the playoffs, and lets say they lose the NFCCG in a close one on the road, and then that NFC team wins via blowout similar to SB 48. We're all going to be looking right back at this time thinking "what if".

gonzhawk

Reaction score
At what point does this player who has chosen to be absent for whatever reason no longer get to hold the team hostage?

There are teams every year that go to the superbowl by playing their asses off even after losing a "star" player.

Sure its harder to do, but not impossible. I remember many games Kam was in last year and we got torched repeatedly

by tight ends. He does have chronic health problems as well, which really does have some merit in his current decision.

Anyways, my point is that he is not bigger than the team and if they don't start playing like the all pro, pro bowl million aires they are, then what the hell?

Its like he is on IR-coach up who you got-bring the fire with who you got. Don't mope and act like without him you can't win!

If I as a fan am tired of the drama, I can't begin to imagine the drain on the team and PC/JS.

ON TO GREEN BAY!
GO HAWKS!

kf3339

Reaction score
hawknation2015":aqyl7se5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/644692233791406080[/tweet]

Without Chancellor, Seahawks Slip
The MMQB’s Robert Klemko was in St. Louis Sunday and filed this about the backup for holdout strong safety Kam Chancellor…

Seattle safety Dion Bailey looked up from his hands and knees to confirm what he already knew. After he’d tripped and stumbled to the turf, Rams tight end Lance Kendricks caught Nick Foles’ lob and took it to the house, a 37-yard touchdown that sent the season opener into an overtime the Seahawks would lose. Outside of injury, it was quite possibly a worst-case scenario for Bailey in his first game as a starter while Chancellor continues his holdout for a restructured contract.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/13/nfl- ... see-titans

Thanks, Kam . . . much appreciated. :34853_doh:

Kam is just such an idiot at times.

bighawk

Reaction score
I can't fault him for feeling how he feels but he is hurting the team by holding out. L.O.B (love our brothers) well Kam show it by coming back. I also hope the other safeties on the team rise up and cease the moment to show and prove that the defense can maintain the level of excellence without one player.

Latest posts