Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartire

Reaction score
bus.jpg

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":20tnxwzf said:
Steve 49ers Young just stated, on national television, that McDonald should have been sat and kept from participating pending the team investigating facts.

What say you, Marv?

Honestly?

I wouldn't have had a problem with sitting McDonald, particularly if his head wasn't right. Apparently Fangio asked him directly and told him he didn't have to play. He wanted to play.

If he wanted to sit or if the Niners wanted him to sit I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

My prob was fans and the media making a stink about HAVING to sit him.

Guy hasn't even been charged yet. There is no proof of anything right now and anybody professing to know what happened doesn't know anything. They are just standing on a soapbox with assumptions. Too often people rush to judgment without understanding the facts. They take bits and pieces of info heard from various outlets, some true, some not so much, construct their own story, make a judgment, and then judge other peeps for not coming to the same judgment.

The media fans the fire because it get ratings and mouse-clicks.

So...Steve? I respect his opinion. I don't entirely disagree. Knowing what little I know, if the decision were mine I'd probably have sat Ray down for the week. Here's the thing tho...the Niners know much more about the situation than I do.

TAB420

Reaction score
He has been charged and arrested. He hasn't been convicted yet. Right?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vvrs9m8 said:
Guy hasn't even been charged yet. There is no proof of anything right now and anybody professing to know what happened doesn't know anything.

Are you positive of this? It has been "reported" that he has a 9/15 court date for an arraignment/preliminary hearing.

I'm no expert, but usually dude doesn't have a court date for anything without a charge. In the arraignment the accused makes his "not guilty" plea unless he is stupid and then court goes to scheduling dates and making deals.

Not typical for a docket to include whether or not charges are pressed. That can be done by judge/DA outside of court room.

But we are talking about the best court the Niners could buy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3ija3xqd said:
Marvin49":3ija3xqd said:
Guy hasn't even been charged yet. There is no proof of anything right now and anybody professing to know what happened doesn't know anything.

Are you positive of this? It has been "reported" that he has a 9/15 court date for an arraignment/preliminary hearing.

I'm no expert, but usually dude doesn't have a court date for anything without a charge. In the arraignment the accused makes his "not guilty" plea unless he is stupid and then court goes to scheduling dates and making deals.

Not typical for a docket to include whether or not charges are pressed. That can be done by judge/DA outside of court room.

Not an expert on the procedures, but so far in this case he has been arrested. He hasn't been charged. We can read tea leaves and say that setting a preliminary hearing date means that he will be charged, but I don't think any of us have enough knowledge of how these proceedings work in CA to really know. We also know he's cooperating and voluntarily going in to talk to the authorities, meaning the chances of this actually going to trial at some point are basically nil (either that or Lionel Hutz is his lawyer).

The first big piece of news we'll get is 1) if he's being charged, and 2) if so, what he's being charged with.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2sswre8f said:
Marvin49":2sswre8f said:

Yes, I'm sure.

Beat writers out here keep calling in to find out if he's been charged.

As it stands right now, the police haven't turned their information over to the DA yet who would then in turn decide whether or not to file charges.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29kswh2f said:
Not an expert on the procedures, but so far in this case he has been arrested. He hasn't been charged. We can read tea leaves and say that setting a preliminary hearing date means that he will be charged, but I don't think any of us have enough knowledge of how these proceedings work in CA to really know. We also know he's cooperating and voluntarily going in to talk to the authorities, meaning the chances of this actually going to trial at some point are basically nil (either that or Lionel Hutz is his lawyer). .

This is the problem with domestic assault cases, it really takes the assaulted person to press charges for something to come about. If it's circumstantial evidence like "marks and bruises on arm" but no one admitting to doing anything, then the prosecutors hands are tied to press charges if McDonald's fiance doesn't want to press charges.

If the Rice media storm did anything, you'd think it would dissuade Ray McDonald's fiance from coming out against her millionaire baby daddy, even though she probably should if he is abusing her.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2n4v55ej said:
Popeyejones":2n4v55ej said:
Not an expert on the procedures, but so far in this case he has been arrested. He hasn't been charged. We can read tea leaves and say that setting a preliminary hearing date means that he will be charged, but I don't think any of us have enough knowledge of how these proceedings work in CA to really know. We also know he's cooperating and voluntarily going in to talk to the authorities, meaning the chances of this actually going to trial at some point are basically nil (either that or Lionel Hutz is his lawyer). .

This is the problem with domestic assault cases, it really takes the assaulted person to press charges for something to come about. If it's circumstantial evidence like "marks and bruises on arm" but no one admitting to doing anything, then the prosecutors hands are tied to press charges if McDonald's fiance doesn't want to press charges.

If the Rice media storm did anything, you'd think it would dissuade Ray McDonald's fiance from coming out against her millionaire baby daddy, even though she probably should if he is abusing her.

They certainly try, that's for sure. Victim can decide not to press charges, but that won't stop the DA from trying to get a plea for 6 months before ultimately giving up.

Also should be noted that the police almost HAVE to make an arrest regardless of what the police see when they show up. They don't have the freedom to assess the situation. If there is a complaint, there will be an arrest.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is what happened to Ray McDonald. He could be guilty.

I'm just speaking in generality.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":pqc8102t said:
They certainly try, that's for sure. Victim can decide not to press charges, but that won't stop the DA from trying to get a plea for 6 months before ultimately giving up.

Also should be noted that the police almost HAVE to make an arrest regardless of what the police see when they show up. They don't have the freedom to assess the situation. If there is a complaint, there will be an arrest..

That's the law, if the police show up for a domestic violence call, someone's getting arrested.

But again, if all the prosecutor has is pics of a bruised arm and a fiance that doesn't want to press charges, nor work with investigators to corroborate where the bruises came from, what can he do?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3j3rdb55 said:
Yes, I'm sure.

As it stands right now, the police haven't turned their information over to the DA yet who would then in turn decide whether or not to file charges.

Yeah yeah.. no charges. But why the court date? I would never try to make sense out of anything that happens in the Superior Court of Niner Nation, but that doesn't make a lick of sense.. Kinda weird.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3by63fy9 said:
Marvin49":3by63fy9 said:
Yes, I'm sure.

Yeah yeah.. no charges. But why the court date? I would never try to make sense out of anything that happens in the Superior Court of Niner Nation, but that doesn't make a lick of sense.. Kinda weird.

No idea.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":1i945umx said:
loafoftatupu":1i945umx said:
Marvin49":1i945umx said:
Yes, I'm sure.

No idea.
Culliver goes to court this week, so Ray and he can carpool? The DA gave them a 2 for 1 special? The Niners commit so many crimes they have their own week in court?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":brdf36nm said:
Marvin49":brdf36nm said:
loafoftatupu":brdf36nm said:
Marvin49":brdf36nm said:
Yes, I'm sure.

No idea.
Culliver goes to court this week, so Ray and he can carpool? The DA gave them a 2 for 1 special? The Niners commit so many crimes they have their own week in court?

I know your just kidding, but honestly I think this is what's sad about the whole situation.

This stuff just rules the headlines, but there are other players out there that are doing great stuff and it never sees the light of day. I'm not making this as a Niner thing BTW, I mean players throughout the league who are going to be answering Ray Rice questions for several months when they have done nothing wrong and a whole lot right.

Largent80

Reaction score
In other news, the sale of flowers delivered to wives of NFL players is through the roof.

:lol:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":2szafcbz said:
Sgt. Largent":2szafcbz said:
Popeyejones":2szafcbz said:

Also should be noted that the police almost HAVE to make an arrest regardless of what the police see when they show up. They don't have the freedom to assess the situation. If there is a complaint, there will be an arrest.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is what happened to Ray McDonald. He could be guilty.

Yes Marvin but why arrest for FELONY DV? Not misdemeanor, FELONY.

We can always assume that the story is blown out of proportion and that our players are innocent. You know like the way all Niner fans assume Richard Sherman's PED was completely innocent and it was obviously the tester was trying to dirty his sample because he was bribed by Uncle Eddie. It obviously worked on Browner who couldn't challenge the test because of timing but Sherman proved the tester was dirty and therefore proved the Niner organization is guilty of bribery AGAIN.

Damn you guys are slimeballs.

In all seriousness stop with the minimizing. We all know he is guilty and deserves punishment. We also all know he won't be charged. You really only make yourself look bad trying to suggest "we just don't know. he is scum and anyone who doesn't see that is scum too.

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
RichNhansom":8ktd91jv said:
Marvin49":8ktd91jv said:
Sgt. Largent":8ktd91jv said:
Popeyejones":8ktd91jv said:

We can always assume that the story is blown out of proportion and that our players are innocent. You know like the way all Niner fans assume Richard Sherman's PED was completely innocent and it was obviously the tester was trying to dirty his sample because he was bribed by Uncle Eddie. It obviously worked on Browner who couldn't challenge the test because of timing but Sherman proved the tester was dirty and therefore proved the Niner organization is guilty of bribery AGAIN.

In all seriousness stop with the minimizing. We all know he is guilty and deserves punishment. We also all know he won't be charged. You really only make yourself look bad trying to suggest "we just don't know. he is scum and anyone who doesn't see that is scum too.

Ran't deleted for attacking poster and not post !

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2vjgk8to said:

It doesn't matter in that court. I get the feeling that the cops do their job to absolve themselves of any liability. They had to go to McDonald's and arrest someone. They just made it a felony DV to connect it to what they saw.

Once the court gets a hold of it there won't be anything. Give the alleged victim time to think about it and change her tune. Team Hardouche knows it has a great chance in court (it is their own) so they give the "process" line.

That will never go to trial and McDonald will probably get a incentive bonus for not getting charged

Sherminator

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1o8igtn2 said:

Lol, funny coming from you.

Manbearpig99":1o8igtn2 said:
Deleted for attacking Poster

Deleted for attacking Poster

chris98251

Reaction score
Can't play nice then we take the ball away, thread locked.

Remember 49er fans and all other opposition, were are tolerant, but when it comes to attacking posters we only go so far, and yes we will side with our own members in situations where they have a strong opinion but don't attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts