RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1dvgl9ye said:
two things this thread needs less of:

Lacy to Oline jokes
Fat jokes

Can I make one more if it might not even be a joke?

Assuming Reece is back next year, will this be the first QB/FB/HB trio in which it's the fullback that's the least fat of the three?

This is worth pondering.

;)

chris98251

Reaction score
I would send him film of Cullen Bryant, Earl Campbell and John Riggins, and say watch every night till absorbed.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh and all it appears we have media spies, they are stealing our material.

Carroll’s answer makes it clear that they wouldn’t and that they believe playing on a one-year deal after an injury-shortened 2016 season will be enough motivation to get Lacy closer to Beast Mode than Feast Mode.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Dude need to get lower leverage when he runs. That was Marshawn"s secret to not getting hurt all the time. Lacy gets stood up and thumped.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":2snvuo1p said:
Jimjones0384":2snvuo1p said:
AustrianHawk":2snvuo1p said:
Like the player, but not the deal. Not a lot of cap space left anymore, I think Prosise and Rawls is a great duo and there was only a need for a solid backup.

At least he's kinda good at blocking (I think?)

Cap space for who?

Breno coming off of back injury sounds like next move. :yawn:

Sarcasm? Or do you think it's a possibility?

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3edbxaox said:
Seymour":3edbxaox said:
Jimjones0384":3edbxaox said:
AustrianHawk":3edbxaox said:
Like the player, but not the deal. Not a lot of cap space left anymore, I think Prosise and Rawls is a great duo and there was only a need for a solid backup.

At least he's kinda good at blocking (I think?)

Cap space for who?

Breno coming off of back injury sounds like next move. :yawn:

Sarcasm? Or do you think it's a possibility?

A little of both. I actually would not mind seeing Breno if his back checks out. Plus I think he will be a decent value unlike Joeckel.

TAB420

Reaction score
They were saying the same about Lang. Except for the feast mode part, which has been played out already.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
harryjohnson":1zrah24p said:
GB Fans are happy he's gone.

They called him "Feast Mode"

:mrgreen:

I hope GB fans tell him so, too in every classless way they can.

What better motivation for Lacy, not that he already doesn't have the incentive, to come in the best shape of his career and run angry as hell leading the Seahawks to the SB, and then eat a cheeseburger at his Media Day PC, and say, "Thanks for the cheese, Wisconsin"

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":25mkfpzy said:
Oh and all it appears we have media spies, they are stealing our material.

Carroll’s answer makes it clear that they wouldn’t and that they believe playing on a one-year deal after an injury-shortened 2016 season will be enough motivation to get Lacy closer to Beast Mode than Feast Mode.

Looks like it started to get used with some regularity about halfway through his second season in the NFL, which sounds about right.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... %20mode%22

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I like this signing. He's a powerful back, and he can at least help us on short yardage situations. We have struggled there for awhile now. If played right this could be a Marshawn Lynch type of move. Lacy has the potential, he just needs to get past some issues. A few years ago we took a chance on a running back from Buffalo that had fallen out of favor, and became relegated to backup duty. He had some issues to get past as well. This is a low risk, high reward type of play from Carroll. Little moves like these are what defined the Seahawks in the past.

At least he has been able to stay healthy for three years, unlike Rawls and Procise who are always injured. Rawls is hit or miss, last year he was mostly miss. Procise, while an electrifying talent and great passblocker/receiver out of the backfield has durability issues as well. I don't ever believe that Procise was drafted to be a feature back. He was always meant to be a utility player, sort of a USC Reggie Bush or Percy Harvin kind of role. Collins showed little promise, he looked overwhelmed by the pro game.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Jerome Bettie played in the 250s I believe. Hoping this turns out to be a Bus type signing. Personally I like the signing. Oh and mrob said before the signing on NFL network that lacy was the best fa back... just st needed to go to a warm location...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It would be icing on the cake, if Lynch reaches out to Lacy and offers to train with him for a couple of weeks.

2_0_6

Reaction score
He is going to be one angry big man. I hope Packers fans keep Tweeting those nasty things about him to fuel the fire.

For one year $3mil guaranteed, I'm sure that's cheaper than what AP would have wanted.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":cnkkgkms said:
I wanted Lang too... however, in order to pull him from his childhood dream team you're likely looking at a 3 yr, 33-36m deal with 20-25m guaranteed.

All players say this...........................AFTER they sign with childhood team for more money.

Don't kid yourself, Lang signed with Detroit because they not only upped Seattle's offer, but they gave him more guaranteed money.

ivotuk

Reaction score
minormillikin":3ik0zbdf said:
Yeah, yeah with all the oline and feast mode jokes...

What about Breast Mode?

Wing mode

Pie A La Mode

Seahawks' Pete Carroll on Eddie Lacy: 'I want him big

Eddie Lacy's weight has been a topic of conversation the past several seasons.

The new Seattle Seahawks running back was listed at 235 pounds last season, but one report from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn on Tuesday stated Lacy weighed in at 267 pounds during one of his visits this offseason.

Speaking to KIRO-AM in Seattle, coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks will make a "concerted effort" to make sure Lacy stays in shape, but didn't seem worried about the running back's weight, noting: "I want him big," via ESPN's Sheil Kapadia.

Carroll added that 235 pounds for a player of Lacy's build is not realistic, and would like to see the 26-year-old closer to the 240-pound range.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nt-him-big

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seymour":gqo6q8mv said:
Pandion Haliaetus":gqo6q8mv said:
Reported by whom?

This is the initial report from what I can find.
Look like he is a reporter / writer from the Green Bay area.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/841694727330246660[/tweet]

Just because it's reported doesn't make it true. Maybe the source has an ax to grind with Eddie...could be stretching the truth a bit.

Besides that point, I highly doubt JS/PC would make an offer to a guy if he was way out of shape. It doesn't fit their mantra and what they have built here so far. They got rid of Michael Bowie and Alex Bailey because they were out of shape during the offseason. Yes, those were OL guys where technically you can get by with being a bit overweight.

Eddie Lacy has run for 1000+ yards in his first two seasons. He averaged 5.1 ypc last season before getting injured. He is a back that provides physicality and would instant have teams center on him. None of the other backs on the team do that. Lynch made teams account for him. Lacy would do the same. He did at GB. He will now in Seattle.