RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

randomation

Reaction score
Really not a fan there are a ton of good running backs in this draft there are rumors he was at 267 so maybe he is bulking up to play Oline since we missed out on TJ

Uncle Si

Reaction score
two things this thread needs less of:

Lacy to Oline jokes
Fat jokes

Rat

Reaction score
Great move! I thought he was the best RB prospect his draft year, and he looked good before getting hurt last year. Obviously, his weight is a concern, but there's no chance we would have gotten him on this kind of deal otherwise.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seanhawk":11ozl0a0 said:
I'm flip flopping on the more inspiring signing. Eddie Lacy or Julius Jones.

Jerry Rice? Norman Hand? Brian Russell? Lol.
If we are sticking to RBs, Franco Harris is of that Lore.

At least Lacy is still young and can dominant between the tackles even if he's 235+. I don't think we will see any FeastCakes type runs though.

kf3339

Reaction score
I like this move because it's his last chance in this league. If he comes here in shape and stays that way the whole season it could be really good for him and us. If he gets fat again and lazy he is done.

It's as simple as that. Hope he sees it as well.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Can't imagine Lacy being 267 unless he gained 20+ pounds in a month.

Pics/vids on Instagram from 3-5 weeks ago doesnt show a guy that looks 267 at 5-11. Maybe 245 at the most.

I can't imagine he would go into the free agent market at 33 pounds over his '16 playing weight. I can't imagine the Seahawks signing him for 5.5m if he was 267 pounds.

It feels like the someone from the Packers throwing shade in justifying to the Packers fan base in losing another homegrown free agent.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
Like the player, but not the deal. Not a lot of cap space left anymore, I think Prosise and Rawls is a great duo and there was only a need for a solid backup.

At least he's kinda good at blocking (I think?)

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2d8dgti8 said:
two things this thread needs less of:

Lacy to Oline jokes
Fat jokes

But...but, mine was a reference to a classic bit by a cherished comedian who died before his time. Surely that one was ok, right?

getnasty

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2f1u02fy said:

Pics/vids on Instagram from 3-5 weeks ago doesnt show a guy that looks 267 at 5-11. Maybe 245 at the most.

I can't imagine he would go into the free agent market at 33 pounds over his '16 playing weight. I can't imagine the Seahawks signing him for 5.5m if he was 267 pounds.

It feels like the someone from the Packers throwing shade in justifying to the Packers fan base in losing another homegrown free agent.

It was reported that's what he weighted when he came to visit.

Hyak

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1g21dy66 said:

John Clayton said on ESPN 710 that he was not 267 lbs but that he wasn't in ideal shape either. I also cannot imagine them making an offer if he was 267 unless they plan to put him at LG.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mike Williams all over again?

Seems we've been down this road. IIRC it worked for a year.

mikeak

Reaction score
jhoeHawk":qsm3ncmb said:
I guess I can see where the cheeseburger and fat jokes come from but I believe those that are saying is not informed on actually how fit the guy is. He went on a strict diet/workout regimen last year with the creator of P90x.

This article is one of a few back in May last year.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/eddi ... son-052516

Yes and this article talks about Lindsey Lohan checking in to rehab in 2013 so after that she was cured.....

http://www.eonline.com/news/414523/lind ... t-pictures

:sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AustrianHawk":gzuobolo said:
Like the player, but not the deal. Not a lot of cap space left anymore, I think Prosise and Rawls is a great duo and there was only a need for a solid backup.

At least he's kinda good at blocking (I think?)

Backups shouldn't be your starters on day 1 because you can't even stay healthy during the preseason, or have serious injuries lingering from the year before.

#1 most important factor in the NFL is availability.

I get the Lacy signing, he's more of a workhorse Lynch type that Pete likes in this offense, but he's yet to show he's no different from any of our other often injured RB's we have on the roster.

I would have much rather the FO threw this money to overpay for Lang, draft a young RB in the middle rounds, and have him battle Rawls and Prosise for playing time. I don't think bringing in all these injured RB's on one year deals solves anything other than creating this same situation next year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1w2j49qz said:
I get the Lacy signing, he's more of a workhorse Lynch type that Pete likes in this offense, but he's yet to show he's no different from any of our other often injured RB's we have on the roster.

Can be effective in short yard situations.. that would be different.

I still think they have plans to draft another RB

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Maybe we signed him to play... (wait for it)...OLine?

GkB7K

Latest posts