RB keepers my thoughts after 3 games

chris98251

Reaction score
Well here's my take on the current running back situation.

30 Brooks, Zac - Will be cut and maybe make it to PS

36 Collins, Alex - On the bubble has not separated himself at least in games, question is has he been hurt or not getting it yet, needs to show that he is a better all round back then some of our bubble guys.

41 Farmer, George - Bubble, came in as CB given a shot at RB and has been consistent, not wow but more consistent then Collins

32 Michael, Christine - Lock at this time, took his game to a whole new level since last pre season.

26 Pope, Troymaine - Bubble, Interesting prospect, has lit it up with his opportunity, if there was a true change of pace type back it's this guy, has the speed to get outside and makes people miss, his size is a question as far as how much punishment he can take, has shown more then Collins and or Brooks, question I would have above all else is his hands, has not been asked to catch many passes so far.

22 Prosise, C.J. - Showed he can catch the ball and looked comfortable taking the ball from the hand off, isn't going to shake and bake or make people miss much as a RB, but can be a duel threat and respected as a RB, if split out will be a nice option with his WR skills, would not count on him as a pure RB from what I have seen so far, think he has the size to be durable, less wiggle then Tate had and better hands.

34 Rawls, Thomas - Lock

38 Madden, Tre - IR think he would have been a FB, he has a whole season to get a NFL body for next year now.

So my selections after game three.

Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins, Pope, if we keep 5 Pope because he has a different skill set and running style then the rest of our backs. I think they wanted Brooks to be what Pope has shown. Farmer may slip to PS, if Collins isn't injured then Farmer could actually steal that spot as well, unless they make him a FB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":36a0bokk said:
Well here's my take on the current running back situation.

30 Brooks, Zac - Will be cut and maybe make it to PS

36 Collins, Alex - On the bubble has not separated himself at least in games, question is has he been hurt or not getting it yet, needs to show that he is a better all round back then some of our bubble guys.

41 Farmer, George - Bubble, came in as CB given a shot at RB and has been consistent, not wow but more consistent then Collins

32 Michael, Christine - Lock at this time, took his game to a whole new level since last pre season.

26 Pope, Troymaine - Bubble, Interesting prospect, has lit it up with his opportunity, if there was a true change of pace type back it's this guy, has the speed to get outside and makes people miss, his size is a question as far as how much punishment he can take, has shown more then Collins and or Brooks, question I would have above all else is his hands, has not been asked to catch many passes so far.

22 Prosise, C.J. - Showed he can catch the ball and looked comfortable taking the ball from the hand off, isn't going to shake and bake or make people miss much as a RB, but can be a duel threat and respected as a RB, if split out will be a nice option with his WR skills, would not count on him as a pure RB from what I have seen so far, think he has the size to be durable, less wiggle then Tate had and better hands.

34 Rawls, Thomas - Lock

38 Madden, Tre - IR think he would have been a FB, he has a whole season to get a NFL body for next year now.

So my selections after game three.

Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins, Pope, if we keep 5 Pope because he has a different skill set and running style then the rest of our backs. I think they wanted Brooks to be what Pope has shown. Farmer may slip to PS, if Collins isn't injured then Farmer could actually steal that spot as well, unless they make him a FB.
Hmm....I think we keep 5 but ok agree mostly. Remember Rawls sir. I'm thinking Pope doesn't reach the 53.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":96dpurpa said:
I think we only keep 4 because they obviously like Tukuafu.
This because I like Will :2thumbs:

Hendo66

Reaction score
There are some teams hurting for RBs, possible to move AC for a conditional draft pick.

sutz

Reaction score
Hendo66":2bhx6fx5 said:
There are some teams hurting for RBs, possible to move AC for a conditional draft pick.
Tough to trade rookies, especially this time of year. Big glut of guys getting released over the next couple of weeks. Nobody is going to give up value now.

Maybe in your fantasy league, but not in the NFL. ;)

Jville

Reaction score
Carroll and Cable still love that I formation. Got to have a fullback.

Seafan

Reaction score
Jville":1mph211x said:

Tuke not only offers game day depth to the DL but with the health of the TE situation and the current tackle situation a guy like Will can help as a chip blocking TE in a pinch.

Jville

Reaction score
Seafan":2z93bqhp said:
Jville":2z93bqhp said:

Tuke not only offers game day depth to the DL but with the health of the TE situation and the current tackle situation a guy like Will can help as a chip blocking TE in a pinch.

Along with inclusion of the I formation, I anticipate the utilization of a lot of double tight ends. So having Will for depth at tight end as well is a big plus. The tight end positions have become particularly intriguing in a year where there is a league shortage of players. This could be the year the Seahawks carry four tight ends. If their offense is to become more physical, that physicality must make itself known in the blocking game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of George. He's a WR who's been trying to convert to CB for a year and then suddenly got switched to RB because of camp injuries. He looked terrible at RB in his first game and then actually showed some promise in limited action in subsequent games. I could see him maybe making the PS due to versatility and overall athletic ability.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins, Tukuafu.

Pope on Practice Squad.

Pope has been playing against 3rd and 4th stringers to showcase his talent, he's great against them but I would have to see him against starters to put him on the 53. The thing that stood out is that all our RBs and FB can catch the football, which the OP stated that Pope have not done that yet. Also I'm trying to remember if Pope had blocking duties as well.

Tical21

Reaction score
Farmer definitely has that BJ Daniels, "find a way to keep him around" feel. If Rawls was a month further along, I would still be cutting Michael. The fact that we have no choice at this point but to keep him around is probably going to cost us a back that we will have to cut.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
No way Pope makes the 53. Keep in mind the level of competition he flashed against.

We see this every pre-season.

I like him, but I think he is destined for the P.S.

Tical21

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1fplyaa3 said:
No way Pope makes the 53. Keep in mind the level of competition he flashed against.

We see this every pre-season.

I like him, but I think he is destined for the P.S.
I think there is a chance he has played his way onto somebody's roster.

King Dog

Reaction score
Tical21":3rlh7m2g said:
Farmer definitely has that BJ Daniels, "find a way to keep him around" feel. If Rawls was a month further along, I would still be cutting Michael. The fact that we have no choice at this point but to keep him around is probably going to cost us a back that we will have to cut.
Put down the pipe - Michael has EARNED a spot on this roster.