RB situation.....

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Barkley's going in the Top 5. We might have to give up three first round picks for him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'd add that I actually have some concerns of people, namely Seahawks, overdrafting for a guy like Freeman. Great looking athlete and will really light up the combine, but his good runs are often the product of play design. He shy's away from even DBs sometimes. He doesn't consistently attack defenders when he runs nearly often enough. He runs away like he's the 190 pounder that you'd think Gaskin would do, but doesn't.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not true.

RBs are routinely undervalued.

Guys with high draft picks want QBs, pass rushers and corners.

Don't tell me that the bad taste of wasted draft picks on Penn State RBs won't influence someone.

There is a very good chance that mid way through the 1st, he could be sitting there.

Now with the Seahawks perplexing tendency to trade 1st away for a bunch of lower round picks that usually end up being middling players? That might be a larger challenge. But he might be there when that draft slot comes up.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Again, I'd give up quite a bit for Barkley. We have some dead weight and some really attractive assets we can do without. This is like an LT type talent.

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3pfe0r8d said:
Not true.

RBs are routinely undervalued.

Guys with high draft picks want QBs, pass rushers and corners.

Don't tell me that the bad taste of wasted draft picks on Penn State RBs won't influence someone.

There is a very good chance that mid way through the 1st, he could be sitting there.

Now with the Seahawks perplexing tendency to trade 1st away for a bunch of lower round picks that usually end up being middling players? That might be a larger challenge. But he might be there when that draft slot comes up.

They were for awhile but people are back on drafting them early Barkley is legit he'll go top 10

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3up9xp96 said:
IndyHawk":3up9xp96 said:
hawknation2017":3up9xp96 said:
Saquon Barkley is a dream that will never happen. I would be tempted to take Myles Gaskin; seems like the kind of RB who will excel in the pros. Agile, explosive, low center of gravity, tackle breaker, excels on zone runs. He's a pretty good receiver too.
Barkley does not impress me but Gaskin does.
I'd keep Carson and Davis..The rest not so much especially Mr.Glass

What's not to find impressive about Barkley?
Go to the NCAA forum..I'm too tired to answer again(sorry)
You will see the for/against stuff

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3q4rn4w7 said:
Again, I'd give up quite a bit for Barkley. We have some dead weight and some really attractive assets we can do without. This is like an LT type talent.

Will it really make a difference? We need to sort out our OL before we contemplate anything else. Davis and Carson might actually be a good 1-2 combo. We really don’t have any good trade capitol to move up anyway..as I don’t think he falls out of top 12. I genuinely don’t think any RB would have success with our current OL or O play calling at the moment. The amount of push other teams would get was insane..start on OL first!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
IndyHawk":10dglkb7 said:
Grahamhawker":10dglkb7 said:
IndyHawk":10dglkb7 said:
hawknation2017":10dglkb7 said:
Saquon Barkley is a dream that will never happen. I would be tempted to take Myles Gaskin; seems like the kind of RB who will excel in the pros. Agile, explosive, low center of gravity, tackle breaker, excels on zone runs. He's a pretty good receiver too.
Barkley does not impress me but Gaskin does.
I'd keep Carson and Davis..The rest not so much especially Mr.Glass

What's not to find impressive about Barkley?
Go to the NCAA forum..I'm too tired to answer again(sorry)
You will see the for/against stuff

I respect your opinion but guy played in the best division in college and for the most part had to play against 8 in the box every game and still had a stellar season. He's not Barry Sanders but he is definitely on Gurley and Elliot's level.

Good guy to boot.

And yes there is absolutely no chance we get him.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":xkk5y7w4 said:
Derrius Guice please.

+1

Guice or Gaskin. Hmmm . . . hard decision.

I guess I would take Guice. Great combination of power and explosiveness.

#1 Barkley (out of reach), #2 Guice (possibly out of reach), #3 Gaskin (probably available at #18).

Bobblehead

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2kfst29h said:

Yeah, talk to the Browns.. give em some picks.. throw Cable and Bevell in as bonus.. Have Allen, dish out some dough.

Does Barkely need a OL?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Barkley did his thing with an average OL at best. That is being generous. Barkley will end up a Brown or Giant and he will be doomed from the start. He will go top 4.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1mgi438e said:
BC-Hawk":1mgi438e said:
Derrius Guice please.

+1

#1 Barkley (out of reach), #2 Guice (possibly out of reach), #3 Gaskin (probably available at #18).

Would Gaskin be an upgrade over Carson.. and would he warrant the 18th pick when we have so much other more pressing needs?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Bobblehead":21e05u3a said:
hawknation2017":21e05u3a said:
BC-Hawk":21e05u3a said:
Derrius Guice please.

+1

Would Gaskin be an upgrade over Carson.. and would he warrant the 18th pick when we have so much other more pressing needs?

We have very limited information on Carson. Injuries were one of my concerns with him. Chiseled, bodybuilder type athletes tend to get worn out very quickly in the NFL. I think Carson would make a very good No. 2 RB, a la the Saints Mark Ingram. But I'm not sure how he will hold up long term; no one knows. I don't see him as a franchise RB, at least not yet with the limited info we have on him.

Gaskin could be like the Alvin Kamra to Carson's Mark Ingram. And Guice is just a beast. Everything about that guy says bellcow RB.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2zut3x2x said:
Are you posters delusional? Pete has never ....will never pick a RB in the #18 position.

Why is that? RB is certainly an important position to his offensive philosophy. And the RB situation was an absolute nightmare this year.

They might be able to trade down and get Gaskin. I don't think they could trade down for Guice, not even sure he would be available at #18.