RB situation.....

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Royce Freeman??

What do you guys think of him??

5'11" 230 pounds.

I'm a Huskies guy but would Freeman be a good fit??!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":6152k88m said:
Royce Freeman??

What do you guys think of him??

5'11" 230 pounds.

I'm a Huskies guy but would Freeman be a good fit??!

He's pretty good but goes down a little too easily for his size. I would rate him below Rashaad Penny. Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder, I would guess.

I'm not as high on some of the other big SEC backs (Harris, Chubb, Johnson, or Michel). Those guys are just average, kind of sluggish, and highly dependent on good blocking.

original poster

Reaction score
Not a chance this team drafts a RB in the first IMO.

I can see the following scenarios taking place -

They stay put and draft one of their favourite players (DL or OL)

Or if those ‘blue chip’ players are off the board -

Trade back multiple times to end up with maybe a 2nd, 2 3rd’s and a 4th.

It’s a tough call, I’d like to see them make the most of drafting at 18 but with no second or third this year it really messes things up.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Ronald Jones at USC. Barkely goes top 5 so zero chance we get him. Harris from Alabama is a possibility too. Seahawksdraftblog has done some good stuff on rbs ready.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

penihawk

Reaction score
When Barkley falls in the 9ers lap we better get somebody to stop the run. :lol: Unless wholesale changes are made with philosophy,coaching and personnel with the blocking scheme and O-line it doesnt matter who you put back there. We are far from being a RB away from getting back to the top of the division let alone the SB. Gonna be an interesting and pivotal offseason that will define the next 5-6 years for sure.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Without a better O-line, it doesn't matter who we stick back there. Get more talent up front and it will make everyone's life much better.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
penihawk":3oor9xox said:
When Barkley falls in the 9ers lap we better get somebody to stop the run. :lol: Unless wholesale changes are made with philosophy,coaching and personnel with the blocking scheme and O-line it doesnt matter who you put back there. We are far from being a RB away from getting back to the top of the division let alone the SB. Gonna be an interesting and pivotal offseason that will define the next 5-6 years for sure.

A running game and a kicker would of kept this team in the playoffs, added with more pass rushers and this team could get back to the SB.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":f9oa033e said:
Anyone like Nick Chubb for us?
^^^^^^This or even Sony Michel. I prefer Nick Chubb. Dude is a beast.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
hawknation2017":118h0c3s said:
BC-Hawk":118h0c3s said:
Derrius Guice please.

+1

Guice or Gaskin. Hmmm . . . hard decision.

I guess I would take Guice. Great combination of power and explosiveness.

#1 Barkley (out of reach), #2 Guice (possibly out of reach), #3 Gaskin (probably available at #18).
Probably available at 18? How about probably available at pick 18 of round three?
If he's drafted in the first round a GM should be fired before the cameras get a picture of him holding up a jersey.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":nzk12ht7 said:
hawknation2017":nzk12ht7 said:
BC-Hawk":nzk12ht7 said:
Derrius Guice please.

+1

#1 Barkley (out of reach), #2 Guice (possibly out of reach), #3 Gaskin (probably available at #18).
Probably available at 18? How about probably available at pick 18 of round three?
If he's drafted in the first round a GM should be fired before the cameras get a picture of him holding up a jersey.

Wow, you are really down on Gaskin. Can I ask why? I think Gaskin has a chance to be a stud, a la Alvin Kamara.

Kamara went in the middle of Round 3, so maybe you have a point.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RBs in the first.... Very skeptical of that. Jags fans are complaining that Fournette is overrated and that they didn't need him, Cowboys took Elliot over Ramsey and idk why. Great point by nasty about the Gurley situation. Generally good running games rely on great run blocking OLs.

The best RB in this year's draft was Kamara, who went in the 3rd. Devonta Freeman was a fourth rounder. Jordan Howard was a fifth rounder. Lynch was a first rounder who the Hawks picked up for a 4th. You can get productive RBs later in the draft. Trading up for one is insane IMO.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2017":muf4jrdr said:
Sun Tzu":muf4jrdr said:
hawknation2017":muf4jrdr said:
BC-Hawk":muf4jrdr said:
Derrius Guice please.

+1

Wow, you are really down on Gaskin. Can I ask why? I think Gaskin has a chance to be a stud, a la Alvin Kamara.

Kamara went in the middle of Round 3, so maybe you have a point.

Kamara going that late in the draft was a mistake an shows not many scouts actually went to Tennessee last year, just looked at numbers. He single handily took over a couple of games for the Volunteers and made them look like a better team than they were.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
A lot of people don't watch Huskies games, either. The Stanford RBs have stolen all the publicity over the last three seasons.

Gaskin has a chance to be seriously good. If they can't draft Guice and trade down into the 2nd round, why not?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Myles Gaskin is still 50/50 on if he is coming out, which means he knows he isnt an early round draft value

As a dawg fan, I LOVE Gaskin, but hes not a guy you take at #18 at all.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
timmat":3v0xzjff said:
Impossible to properly evaluate RBs when they fight to beat defenders to the handoff.

That's not the only problem. You've also got Rawls and Davis running into defenders because they miss lanes, and plays where the OL gets push but the RB doesn't.

Ifedi is the lineman that most needs replacing, but you don't spend a mid-first-round pick on a right tackle.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":65q0buyr said:
timmat":65q0buyr said:
Impossible to properly evaluate RBs when they fight to beat defenders to the handoff.

That's not the only problem. You've also got Rawls and Davis running into defenders because they miss lanes, and plays where the OL gets push but the RB doesn't.

Ifedi is the lineman that most needs replacing, but you don't spend a mid-first-round pick on a right tackle.

Even taking account all of his penalties, the guards (Joeckel and Pocic) were much worse this year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been as critical of the line as anyone but I think an elite talent at running back is at the top of Pete's eish list. I wouldn't rule out a first round pick on one. I think they end up trading down and targeting Harris, Jones etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk