Re-signing Tate

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
It will be one or neither of Rice and Tate on the roster next year. No way the Hawks can tie that much cap room space at the WR position.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the FO will re-structure Miller and Rice's contracts to make enough room for us to re-sign Golden.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":24qx7ht7 said:
therealjohncarlson":24qx7ht7 said:
Why does a Browns fan keep posting on here acting like the Hawks are his team...?

He needs to make a post explaining himself before we even think about allowing him back on the bandwagon.

I was gonna ask if he ever ate that heaping steamy plate of crow? And so I guess he hasn't :dummy:

Back on topic: Blitz, I hope you are right!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If Tate stays healthy this season, I have no doubt he will have a very productive season.

He knows what's at stake career-wise and will grind for his big payday. "Where there's a will, there's a way," and I'm confident the FO will find a way to keep Tate. Sidney Rice reached his ceiling long ago; however, Tate has very unique ability and huge upside. I don't see him going anywhere, and, the way this offense spreads the ball around, I doubt he will have the kind of eye-popping stats that command a contract pricing him out of our market. Very likely that Tate stays in Seattle, IMO.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Todd Lieweke is probably going to mess things up for all of us.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
After Harvin signed, I heard a couple pundits mention that the Hawks were the only team in the NFL with 2 WRs making over $8 million this year. Both Harvin and Rice get more expensive next year. I seriously doubt the team would want to or even have the ability to commit enough to the WR corps to re-sign Tate, considering what Rice and Harvin make. If Rice restructures of gets cut though, that would be another story...

m0ng0

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for a while now, if we can only keep one do we keep Rice or Tate?

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
I believe they are willing to risk letting the season play out before offering a contract. If Tate continues to improve they attempt to sign him and release Rice, same if Rice gets injured long term such as shoulder injury. Either way it seems they will need to restructure or release Rice after this season if Tate stays. If i'm not mistaken Millers contract takes care of itself as in reduces from the 11 mil last year to 7? this year or something similar.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
m0ng0":9fuwt9qu said:
I have been thinking about this for a while now, if we can only keep one do we keep Rice or Tate?

They're both valuable to us. This is a tough call. :( I would probably say Tate, though.

hawker84

Reaction score
I am of the firm belief, this will be Sidney's last year as a Seahawk unless Tate really falls off from his production of last season.

Just can't keep them both, and Tate has already proven he can make the tough catches and go up and get the ball... :mrgreen:

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
There's an assumption at the start that we haven't opened negotiations... We're fans, we're not privy to the contractual workings going on, for all we know they may have been discussing it for months or they may have been rejected by Tate

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Cruz signed today for 5/7.85m and the Giants do not have the depth at receiver we do. Think this makes the signing of Tate more or less likely..or not relevent?

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Cruz's deal is for 6 yrs/ 45.8 Mil and 15.6 guaranteed. Tate has said he wants to remain a Seahawk and will give a hometown discount. A lot depends on how Harper looks this year, whether Rice either re-structures or is released.Between Rice and Harvin the Hawks cap hit is 14.6 mil. and Rice alone is 9.7mil. I think top end for Tate would be 6 yrs / 38 mil and 14mil guaranteed. If we can reduce Rice's cap hit in half, the WR position would be stout for the next 5 yrs.

sutz

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2bm6y2fe said:
It will be one or neither of Rice and Tate on the roster next year. No way the Hawks can tie that much cap room space at the WR position.
I think I've heard this argument before at other positions. While your cap statement may be true, the "one or neither" is highly speculative IMHO. If the team and the players want to get it done, it can be done.