Realistic Best Case Scenario?

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
At this exact moment in time, if nothing changes and the improvement is very minimal or non-existent, they're a 9-7 team. That probably gets them a 40% shot at the playoffs, maybe a playoff win, and then a probable loss.

Pete's a good coach though, and there's enough talent to get to 11-5 and maybe the division. If they can get at least a home playoff game, they have a fighting chance since the playoffs will probably have teams like the Giants, Falcons, and the Carson Palmer Cards.

The season isn't over.

If they lose to the Panthers, it probably is though. Need to have a w streak....at least 3/4..5/6 or 7/9 is better..

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think you can allready write in GB and ATL as the number 1 and 2 seed.

I think the Giants take the East easy. Their first and ONLY losses they had 14 point leads and blew them. With the cowboys having all their injury problems and the Eagles and Redskins looking mediocre I think Giants cruise to an easy division win.

All that REALLY matters is we win our 5 division games coming up. If we played Arizona twice in a row and beat them we would be leading the division assuming the Rams didnt win 2.

Just like last year we probably need to go 4-1 or 5-0 in the division games and beat the Vikings for Wildcard tiebreaker. We allready have the tiebreaker over the bears if they come back. The game against Carolina is also huge obv. We go 3-3 and only basically need to win against the division and vikings and we are in.

You never know how its going to shake out but

North- I think you only have Packers and Vikings to worry about. Lions are done and we allready beat the Bears so they are one game down on us right now. No way they take the division from the Packers. I think the Vikings are the 2nd best team in that division with a team that looks really good. They went toe to toe with Denver

South- Carolina and Atl and NO and Bucs will be lucky to go 8-8. Whoever doesnt win the division should get the #5 seed IMO

East- Dallas would of easily took this division if not for injuries IMO but I think Giants are actually playing pretty well. In both their losses they choked when having huge leads. Dallas could make a late run but I dont see anyone outside of the Giants going better than 8-8

West- IF we dont win both games against Arizona they probably have the division won but who knows

Right now there are only 5 teams with more wins than us in the NFC. Its WIDE open. Heck I wouldnt be suprised if the wildcard is 9-7 and MAYBE even 8-8 for the 6th seed

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":v412y3oy said:
We aren't beating Carolina unless Bevell gets food poisoning.

You're getting tiresome. And I'm a Bevell critic.

idahohawk

Reaction score
This ain't 2013, or 2014. From what I've seen so far, this team will be lucky to get to 10 wins. I'd be ecstatic to be wrong here.

Loving all the optimism here though!

Go Hawks

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
idahohawk":2rahekf8 said:
This ain't 2013, or 2014. From what I've seen so far, this team will be lucky to get to 10 wins. I'd be ecstatic to be wrong here.

Go Hawks

10 or even 9 wins might be enough though. If you havent noticed, outside of the Falcons, Panthers, Packers and MAYBE Cardinals the NFC is full of mediocre teams. Only 5 teams have more wins than we do. If we can get hot going into the playoffs we can take it. The giants did it twice and beat the undefeated pats

idahohawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1yo2oqbh said:
idahohawk":1yo2oqbh said:

Go Hawks

10 or even 9 wins might be enough though. If you havent noticed, outside of the Falcons, Panthers, Packers and MAYBE Cardinals the NFC is full of mediocre teams. Only 5 teams have more wins than we do. If we can get hot going into the playoffs we can take it. The giants did it twice and beat the undefeated pats

For sure. I'm not giving up. But I'm still waiting for the crappy XLIX taste to be washed from my mouth. The ineptitude of the offense is just excruciating.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
My bold prediction, based on what I have seen.....8-8.
There are too many mistakes.
They are not playing like a team.
We have NO consistent ground game...it took us until week 5 to score a rushing TD.
We are not able to run people into the ground like we have done in the past and we are not set up to be a passing team.
The "leaders" on this team seem to me to be going through the motions. The two most exciting players to watch have been Rawls and Lockett.....two ROOKIES.
Our biggest off season acquisition is virtually invisible. That is on the O.C.
I think that losing Dan Quinn has hurt us more than people realize.
I hope the boys prove me wrong. Either way, I will be rooting for them.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
kf3339":1hrhjg5r said:
Arizona won, which means we are 3 games back considering the odds of beating them twice this year is very unlikely. So at best we might sneak in for a wild card game, but more than likely we are staying home this off-season.

The only positive is that Paul Allen may finally see the problem and demands a new offensive coordinator who is at least competent. If PC refuses then let him go as well and get another head coach.

I'm just thru with this team's inability to put a team away, and shows no killer instinct at all.

Letting pete go is just plain stupid. Cleaning house is not needed, and our oline is what it is going to be money wise for years to come as our money is tied upmon defense, qb and te/wr. Cable is doing a decent job with what he has.

Bevell is the issue. If he doesnt start scheming for our situation we are a wildcard team. I agree though that if we do miss the playoffs it might be a good thing to put a fire under js/pc/allen to come to grips with bevell being a problem.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
kf3339":3q1z1ym9 said:
Arizona won, which means we are 3 games back considering the odds of beating them twice this year is very unlikely. So at best we might sneak in for a wild card game, but more than likely we are staying home this off-season.

The only positive is that Paul Allen may finally see the problem and demands a new offensive coordinator who is at least competent. If PC refuses then let him go as well and get another head coach.

I'm just thru with this team's inability to put a team away, and shows no killer instinct at all.

Letting pete go is just plain stupid. Cleaning house is not needed, and our oline is what it is going to be money wise for years to come as our money is tied upmon defense, qb and te/wr. Cable is doing a decent job with what he has.

Bevell is the issue. If he doesnt start scheming for our situation we are a wildcard team. I agree though that if we do miss the playoffs it might be a good thing to put a fire under js/pc/allen to come to grips with bevell being a problem.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bevell is also the lowest rung that has an appreciable impact on the game. It's an easy replacement and one I think PC and JS aren't going to die on a hill for.

mrt144

Reaction score
Also, the whole "inability to put teams away" is a revisionist history.

We were the team that others couldnt put away. We won games that by most measures would require purely awful execution by the opponent to pull out and it happened. We've been on the right end of a lot of breakdowns by other teams, 15 4th quarter comebacks in 3 years with RW.

Shit happens in football, SB 49 made be a believer that this is the only truth in football. Sometimes you're taking the dumb, sometimes you're the commode.

Rob12

Reaction score
Something I've read here and I have to agree with is the perception of an overall lack of fire. The team just seems more quiet this year. I don't know if it's complacency or what, but it's not there. If you believe Pete, he says that the fire is there, especially considering that they can now take an underdog role for the rest of the season. But I don't know. Success does weird things to people, and I don't think we'll get to play in Santa Clara this year in February. It's just a gut feeling, and one that I hope is wrong. For as talented as this roster is on paper, the execution has been so poor.

I said 10-6 is likely, and I still think that's true. But I'm not preparing myself for a deep playoff run. I just don't think we have it this year. I really hope I am wrong. It wouldn't be the first time that this group of players will have done it if I'm wrong.

Ozzy

Reaction score
My favorite post is the 3 losses are too much to overcome. Do people forget we were 3-3 last year and also 6-4? Wouldn't shock me at all if this team goes on to win the super bowl riding a long winning streak.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The schedule does get pretty nice for the Hawks from now on. The way Seattle is playing right now, I only see the Minnesota on the road and Arizona on the road as games that I wouldn't bet the Hawks to win. I have faith that this team has the ability and desire to pick themselves up and go at least 10-6 or better.