Really Now Wesley.....

hawker84

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1dzk53xb said:
He burned us last year so he has room to talk. Quit being a homer.

Wasn't that with Trufant in the slot? Honestly don't remember... Personally don't have a problem with what he said, he's earned the right to be confident and even cocky, arguably the best slot reciever in the league last few years...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":107bab22 said:
dopeboy206":107bab22 said:

Wasn't that with Trufant in the slot? Honestly don't remember... Personally don't have a problem with what he said, he's earned the right to be confident and even cocky, arguably the best slot reciever in the league last few years...

I really don't see us chasing Welker all the way across the field.

Cover 3 is more of a zone in the middle of the field, so my guess is if Welker runs across the middle he has to dodge our LB's and safeties that'll be passing him off. Denver's illegal "rub" picks only work when it's man coverage with the DB trying to follow Welker across the middle.

I just don't see us doing that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Welker had 138 yards last year, but both he and the Patriots lost the war.

welker-original-10-14-12.gif%3Fw%3D640

Really, this gif is the only response to anything he says.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
hawker84":2nzhw0qj said:
dopeboy206":2nzhw0qj said:

Was it Tru that was on him? I forgot but I hope it was.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I think Welker got about a 40 yd TD last year when Earl actually made a mistake and got caught shallow.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
this isn't surprising to me...this is how an athlete has to think or he wouldn't be a pro. There isn't an athlete alive who doesn't think if given the chance he can perform and especially the guys at the pro level but give me a college athlete or even a guy who was half decent in high school im sure part of him believes I just need a shot. It takes an ego to ball and whether they stand up in front of their cams and say they're the best or stay quiet they think it just the same. I'd be more shocked if he said that any secondary could stop him than to read he believes in himself.

jblaze

Reaction score
Let's get Kam to meet him over the middle once and see what he thinks after that.

He had a couple of concussions this year, let's see if he can take a hit. Without Welker, they lose a lot of dynamic playmaking on 3rd down.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm Not Saying Welker will or won't get his, but this Defense is MUCH better than a year ago.

McDonald, Wagner, Smith, Wright, Irvin, Sherman, Maxwell, Lane, Thurmond, Thomas, Chanchellor are all a year older and most of them are playing their best football right now.

Mebane is playing at an All-Pro Level and Dan Quinn has Red Bryant playing differently than he was a year ago.

Replace Alan Branch, Jason Jones, and Bruce Irvin with better players in Tony McDaniel, Michael Bennett, and Cliff Avril.

Replace LeRoy Hill (WLB) and KJ Wright (SLB) with faster linebackers in KJ Wright (WLB), Bruce Irvin (SLB), Malcolm Smith (OLB, both)

Replace Brandon Browner and Marcus Trufant with younger, faster, more explosive players both of whom rank in the top 15 in Defensive Passer Rating in Byron Maxwell (#2) and Walter Thurmond (#13).

Seahawks are just better, better pass-rush, better rush defense, bigger and faster LBers, and an ever better secondary.

Welker is going to have a much tougher time around in this game.