Report: Kaepernick, Niners to part ways after season

rideaducati

Reaction score
RichNhansom":pzots86w said:
rlkats":pzots86w said:
On a more serious or fun note. Bets on how long kap stays in the nfl. Loser had to wear the winners team gear.

Example i lose i wear hawks gear
Hawks fan lose they wear niners gear.

What's the over under?

I'm one that thinks he will have a long back up career. His limitations are mental and his memory (or ability to forget) is his best friend. Kaep's best game is always after he has not played for a while. Initially he looks great but after a few dissapointments he loses confidence and his play deteriorates.

As a back up he might be the best in the league assuming he doesn't have more than a couple game stretch where his team will have to rely on him but for those one or two game situations he would likely be awesome.

"Best in the league" and Kaepernick will never be associated together. Kaepernick has a chance to be overrated as a back up just like Tarvaris is in Seattle, but if he ever has to play, disappointment is sure to follow.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Colin might be good in the read option, with that mobility. He'd have to beat out TJack. Maybe he could be third string, and we could run the wildcat.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Developing a QB as a coach is a rarity, I give Jim Harbaugh a lot of credit for making a game plan that plays to the strength of the QB. I am sure he would have figured out how to keep and use Kap and still be effective. I can't imagine why Jed York let Jim go. Everyone has their personalities and things to deal with, but talent, winningness and bringing in that culture of hard work must carry some value. I feel bad for the 9er fans.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
seahawks08":ycbtk1t8 said:
Developing a QB as a coach is a rarity, I give Jim Harbaugh a lot of credit for making a game plan that plays to the strength of the QB. I am sure he would have figured out how to keep and use Kap and still be effective. I can't imagine why Jed York let Jim go. Everyone has their personalities and things to deal with, but talent, winningness and bringing in that culture of hard work must carry some value. I feel bad for the 9er fans.
No need, friend. BLAINE GABBERWOCKY is the savior!

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know how many teams would have interest in a trade, especially for that kind of money. The Eagles maybe. The Jets sorta maybe. I think the Texans draft a QB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":2ks7yog1 said:
I don't know how many teams would have interest in a trade, especially for that kind of money. The Eagles maybe. The Jets sorta maybe. I think the Texans draft a QB.

Bills?

Rex seemed to love Kap a few years ago and even hired Roman as his OC.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The Eagles would be the ideal situation for Kaepernick. He needs great coaching that he received under Harbaugh. And even Harbaugh could not break Kaepernick's habit of choking away games (and championships) in the 4th Quarter. Maybe Chip Kelly is enough of a QB wizard to get Kaepernick to play for all four quarters like he did for the first three quarters under Harbaugh.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
you guys all laugh but if he would take the same contract as T-Jack he'd be the best backup in the league. Won't and shouldn't happen though.

rideaducati

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2tvwhlw4 said:
you guys all laugh but if he would take the same contract as T-Jack he'd be the best backup in the league. Won't and shouldn't happen though.

He would join the ranks as a bottom 5 backup QB, just like Tarvaris.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":n11u29pv said:
Kaepernick placed on IR out for the remainder of the 2015-16 season.

Smart move on him. Now he just needs to say the shoulder didn't heal properly and he has the 9ers on the hook until his contract expires.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1n61s5d1 said:
greenblue_eye's2":1n61s5d1 said:
Kaepernick placed on IR out for the remainder of the 2015-16 season.

Smart move on him. Now he just needs to say the shoulder didn't heal properly and he has the 9ers on the hook until his contract expires.
Actually it's only for the year. Each season the team has an April 1st out.