Report: Seahawks only team interested in Sydney Rice.

hawk45

Reaction score
Rice is glass, cannot fall to the turf without braining himself. Want him for the minimum for sure, anything much above that and I hope we pass.

Tical21

Reaction score
I would have a hard time believing there are any other cities out there where you could sign for a bunch of money, be an epic disappointment, and have the fanbase clamor to bring you back. Have a backbone Hawks fans. The dude just raped us for 30 some million for nothing. 32 catches, 50 catches, 17 catches. Less than 1500 yards in three seasons. Sorry, but just about any undrafted rookie free agent you bring in can do that, and probably play special teams as well. I cannot think of any possible reason that signing Sidney Rice would be a good idea.

Make you can talk him into bringing Beltre along with him.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Tical21":8yhn89kh said:
I would have a hard time believing there are any other cities out there where you could sign for a bunch of money, be an epic disappointment, and have the fanbase clamor to bring you back. Have a backbone Hawks fans. The dude just raped us for 30 some million for nothing.

Shutupandtakemymoney zps3bbbd52e

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":zljaoq7a said:
TorontoHawk":zljaoq7a said:
Snohomie":zljaoq7a said:
Past his prime? 27 is right about the middle of a WRs prime producing years. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Jordy Nelson, DeSean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Vincent Jackson, and Jimmy Graham. All were in the top-15 in receiving yards last year, and all were at least 27 years old. Obviously Rice isn't talented on a Calvin Johnson level, but he's more talented than guys like Garcon and Decker and right there with Marshall and Nelson.

That isn't to say that Rice is worth a big contract. His injury history makes him too risky for a big contract, but his price is going to be pretty low and his reward is still a #1 receiver on a run first offense, if his knee checks out.

With a bad knee and lot of other injuries he is past his prime, I can't believe you used Calvin and Andre Johnson compare as they are two Hall of Fame players. he will not sign a cheap deal as many on hear have said and I agree he will get offers after the draft from teams for a good contract.

So, you speak to him personally to know he wont sign a cheap deal? Good to know. Just to be clear, Calvin and Andre Johnson wouldn't have the production in our system that they have had to this point. And obviously no one is comparing him with Calvin since Calvin is one of the greatest athletes of this generation.

Knee injuries suck, no way around it. But all his other injuries have been so random and could happen to anyone. He just seems to have an unlucky injury bug. I would have no problem if they gave him a #2 WR salary and wouldn't be shocked to see his stats get back towards 1,000 yard seasons with Percy taking attention off him.

Come on if Calvin or Andre were on the hawks do you really think we would be running the ball as much. It would be a huge mistake if they sign him back he is a injury waiting to happen, but hey he is a nice guy let's sign him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The mistake is in the numbers Toronto...you keep going off the assumption Rice will cost a lot. If he does then it's a risk and a concern. If he's cheap then what's the risk?

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I think bringing back Rice for depth on a cheap contract would be a good idea. I don't think he's capable of staying healthy enough to ever be a large piece of the offense, but having veteran depth that is familiar with the team and scheme can only be a good thing. The money was always the issue with him, if you resolve that then it's basically a low risk deal for Seattle.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21pk1dor said:
The mistake is in the numbers Toronto...you keep going off the assumption Rice will cost a lot. If he does then it's a risk and a concern. If he's cheap then what's the risk?

How many ex number 1 receivers have taken the league minimum at 27 years old, most think is injuries are not an issue so if he does not think so than no way he takes a low salary. Time to move on and let the WR we have and will draft play.

kigenzun

Reaction score
If Sidney were here, he'd be all wide-eyed, begging the Back Judge for the flag...

It aint hatin' when I say Angry Doug Baldwin simply talked the talk and walked the walk of a #1 receiver who totally picked up our offense, outplayed, out-competed, out-toughed... poor 'ol broken, limp ass Sidney. AND led our young core of receivers to a Super Bowl Victory with multiple examples of top notch plays and BIGTIME NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE... whereas Sidney exited stage left & simply disappeared...

...and that was a good thing...

All I hear is crickets.

Sorry Sid. No Mo.

No mo begging, pleading, whining for flags, injury-plagued, $9 million dollar a season, 15 yard ball-spinning penalties for you.

I said no mo!!!

Go on. Go on now. Git.

To Jacksonville wit yu... where all the old bloated salaries go to retire.

To me, it was obvious... having Sidney Rice on the bench, and Angry Doug Baldwin on the field, improved our offense's threat level and overall fire power. I mean he basically TRIPLED Rice's previous production per game!!! If you have any doubts, that 'hangin' on to the ball like a junkyard dog on a prime rib' catch down the sidelines vs. New Orleans in the playoffs, is all you need to know about ADB.

SR? The crickets made a bigger noise the 2nd half of 2013, throughout the Playoffs, and especially these days. Because he been 'quick first cut' & totally available, to any team, for quite a while now... & that in itself speaks volumes, don't it?

I'll put it another way:
If you could choose only one of either: A) Angry Doug Baldwin or B) Sidney Rice, right now, today, to lead your team into a street fight, a pep rally, a film room, or a Super Bowl... who would it be?

Honestly. Who would you rather train your future young receivers in the ways of the Hawk??

Mm hmm. I thought so.

Sidney got his money. Best wishes. Thank you very much.
I'll never forget that bomb vs. New England...
Now.
Let's move on.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
kigenzun":2u4ynav8 said:
If Sidney were here, he'd be all wide-eyed, begging the Back Judge for the flag...

It aint hatin' when I say Angry Doug Baldwin simply talked the talk and walked the walk of a #1 receiver who totally picked up our offense, outplayed, out-competed, out-toughed... poor 'ol broken, limp ass Sidney. AND led our young core of receivers to a Super Bowl Victory with multiple examples of top notch plays and BIGTIME NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE... whereas Sidney exited stage left & simply disappeared...

All I hear is crickets.

Sorry Sid. No Mo.

No mo begging, pleading, whining for flags, injury-plagued, $9 million dollar a season, 15 yard ball-spinning penalties for you.

I said no mo!!!

Go on. Go on now. Git.

To me, it was obvious... having Sidney Rice on the bench, and Angry Doug Baldwin on the field, improved our offense's threat level and overall fire power. I mean he basically TRIPLED Rice's previous production per game!!! If you have any doubts, that 'hangin' on to the ball like a junkyard dog on a prime rib' catch down the sidelines vs. New Orleans in the playoffs, is all you need to know about ADB.

SR? The crickets made a bigger noise the 2nd half of 2013, throughout the Playoffs, and especially these days. Because he been 'quick first cut' & totally available, to any team, for quite a while now... & that in itself speaks volumes, don't it?

I'll put it another way:
If you could choose only one of either: A) Angry Doug Baldwin or B) Sidney Rice, right now, today, to lead your team into a street fight, a pep rally, a film room, or a Super Bowl... who would it be?

Honestly. Who would you rather train your future young receivers in the ways of the Hawk??

Mm hmm. I thought so.

Now.
Let's move on.

Yes let's move on, we have a decent WR core, add in the draft and we are fine.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Main thing I'm worried about is Harvin going down again.

Depending on price, any depth at WR is welcome

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":24zhj8rt said:
Depending on price, any depth at WR is welcome

this right here...

once we get all our depth sorted, then we can decide who to move on from.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What with so many free agent WR's still on the market, as well as an insanely deep WR draft, my guess is we can get Rice back dirt cheap.

It'd make zero sense for any team to give him any guaranteed money other than the veteran minimum for making the roster in September..........and if that's the case why wouldn't he want to come back here where he loves him city, team and has a great chance of making the team with our WR depth right now?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would love to see Sidney back here. He loves it in Seattle, so hopefully we can get him back. I would feel really good about our WR depth if we retain him and draft a WR within the first 3 rounds of the draft.

bigcc

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3b08gw3s said:
Cartire":3b08gw3s said:
Why do people keep bringing up his age as a factor? He's 27. When did 27 become over the hill?

Not over the hill but getting up there and with a bad knee, time to move on and get some new blood.

Getting up there? Andre Johnson is 32, had 1400 receiving yards last season, 1600 the year before, and played in 7 games the year before that due to injuries.

Obviously different nature/situations but the if we're gonna give braylon edwards and TO a look, why on earth not sidney?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
kigenzun":2y2bu9u6 said:

All I hear is crickets.

Sorry Sid. No Mo.

I said no mo!!!

Go on. Go on now. Git.

I'll put it another way:

Mm hmm. I thought so.

Now.
Let's move on.
Baldwin is definitely the better WR and you are not the only one who noticed we have a better WR group when Rice is on the bench.

Baldwin will step up. He always does.