Reporter Tweets Harbaugh out of San Fran at season's end

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
4freakin9":3pby57mj said:
These reports are just becoming straight up comical. It's pretty much at the point where any joe schmoe reporter is going to include a "Harbaugh is disliked or leaving soon" BS report to try and get a few extra views.
The 49ers are not going to let Harbaugh walk away. Say what you want about him but he is a WINNER
Who has the best winning percentage out of ALL active head coaches????? yup that's Jim Harbaugh at .740
Bilichick comes in second at .727
Harbaughs WORST season is losing in the conferance championship. Yeah there going to let him go LOL
Keep dreamin guys, Harbaugh is going to be winning games in SF for a long time while leading the league in so called reports about all the "discord and locker room strife" LOL

Someone is drinking the bong water if you think the doucher is going to be there for a long time LOL. ^^^
Its Lombardi or bust for Jimmy boy! Watch and weep!

lsheldon

Reaction score
Seanhawk":drfwyf85 said:
Popeyejones":drfwyf85 said:
I'm guessing he's piggybacking off of this:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m-harbaugh

wouldn't be at all surprised if this is his last year in s.f. Still don't believe the Michigan thing, but him being out of the bay is definitely possible. Interesting to see if they'll be able to get some picks for him.

There's also an article on NFL.com that speculates Michigan is more interested in John Harbaugh than Jim because they believe he is the more long term option.

And he doesn't have epileptic fits on the sidelines like his bro....

4freakin9

Reaction score
chris98251":33849r7n said:
4freakin9":33849r7n said:
These reports are just becoming straight up comical. It's pretty much at the point where any joe schmoe reporter is going to include a "Harbaugh is disliked or leaving soon" BS report to try and get a few extra views.
The 49ers are not going to let Harbaugh walk away. Say what you want about him but he is a WINNER
Who has the best winning percentage out of ALL active head coaches????? yup that's Jim Harbaugh at .740
Harbaughs WORST season is losing in the conferance championship. Yeah there going to let him go LOL
Keep dreamin guys, Harbaugh is going to be winning games in SF for a long time while leading the league in so called reports about all the "discord and locker room strife" LOL

We know about rumors and what's real and what's not, Holmgren was a winner also, didn't save his job now did it?

With all the fans fueling this I don't have any doubt there are legs to the stories, fans sticking their heads in the sand about it will only make you all look worse when it happens.

Didn't Holmgren leave after a 4-12 season? He also had 17 years of Head Coaching under his belt.

While crazier things have certainly happened than Harbaugh possibly leaving, it just doesn't add up IMO
If Harbaugh were to leave after this season to go back to the college ranks, he could be doing so with the best winning percentage of all coaches ever in the history of the NFL. He's currently tied with Lombardi. I just get the feeling that this is a situation where speculation has run wild. It's gotten to the point that whenever there is a potential HC job opening then Harbugh is clearly leaving SF to go there.

chris98251

Reaction score
4freakin9":r0c9yl8k said:
chris98251":r0c9yl8k said:
4freakin9":r0c9yl8k said:

We know about rumors and what's real and what's not, Holmgren was a winner also, didn't save his job now did it?

With all the fans fueling this I don't have any doubt there are legs to the stories, fans sticking their heads in the sand about it will only make you all look worse when it happens.

Didn't Holmgren leave after a 4-12 season? He also had 17 years of Head Coaching under his belt.

While crazier things have certainly happened than Harbaugh possibly leaving, it just doesn't add up IMO
If Harbaugh were to leave after this season to go back to the college ranks, he could be doing so with the best winning percentage of all coaches ever in the history of the NFL. He's currently tied with Lombardi. I just get the feeling that this is a situation where speculation has run wild. It's gotten to the point that whenever there is a potential HC job opening then Harbugh is clearly leaving SF to go there.

Yes he had 17 years, all the more reason to validate he knew what he was doing, his problem was a new GM that could not evaluate talent and kept bringing in players that could not play or play in his system and releasing or not signing those that did. It created the downfall and the discourse in the management level. Harbaugh has a stocked roster and the issue will become the issue if it stops producing. Which you are now seeing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Howard Eskin is a freaking clown. Harbaugh may very well leave SF at the end of the year, but Eskin doesn't have any inside scoop.. I can guarantee that.

He's the same guy that said Brett Favre was going to be an Eagle, amongst other stupid crap.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39gwjwl1 said:
Howard Eskin is a freaking clown. Harbaugh may very well leave SF at the end of the year, but Eskin doesn't have any inside scoop.. I can guarantee that.

He's the same guy that said Brett Favre was going to be an Eagle, amongst other stupid crap.
So he isn't on Melvin's "approved writers" list??????? 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Meh.

Maybe Harbaugh leaves after the season and maybe he doesn't. I'm just tired of hearing about it. I don't think anyone reporting it really knows anything and is for the most part putting 2 and 2 together.

If he does leave tho my guess is that they'd hire internally or go after David Shaw. Either way, as much as I like Harbaugh there are a number of good coaches on the staff and they will be looking to keep continuity, not tear it down and start over.

For now tho there is a season to play and these constant rumors are tiresome. I've seen them every year and nothing comes of it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14uygmqa said:

wouldn't be at all surprised if this is his last year in s.f. Still don't believe the Michigan thing, but him being out of the bay is definitely possible. Interesting to see if they'll be able to get some picks for him.

I do not believe the Michigan thing either. It is almost like the Media and Rumor Mill are forcing it to be an issue and for the idea to be considered. I think Harbs would do a great job with Michigan, but he does have it pretty good now despite the reports. Players be crying if that stuff is even true.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":el75is34 said:
Popeyejones":el75is34 said:

I do not believe the Michigan thing either. It is almost like the Media and Rumor Mill are forcing it to be an issue and for the idea to be considered. I think Harbs would do a great job with Michigan, but he does have it pretty good now despite the reports. Players be crying if that stuff is even true.

Honestly, I'm just kinda ignoring the whole thing.

Why? Because there is ALWAYS "will he stay or will he go" drama with Harbaugh. Has been since the day he was hired.

He was all set to coach the Niners. Then media had Stephen Ross flying out to meet him. Then he was all set to be coach at Miami. Then Stanford was going to keep him. Then he finally ended up in SF.

ALWAYS rumors around where he's gonna be. Dunno how much of it is him, how much is his agent, or how much of it is simply true. Could be he's floating those rumors to get a better contract. Could be he really wants out. Could be the team wants him out.

Honestly...there is always so much noise on the issue there really isn't any way to filter it. I just choose to ignore it and if he's here next year, great. If he's not, they've built something here and they'll likely hire from the existing staff (Roman/Fangio/Tomsula) or from Stanford. System will stay in place.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3pf1i0jp said:
Popeyejones":3pf1i0jp said:

I think Harbs would do a great job with Michigan, but he does have it pretty good now despite the reports. Players be crying if that stuff is even true.

Agreed about this. TBF it's also tempered a bit by being a 49ers fan of a certain age: Players were complaining about Bill Walsh during the golden era of the 9ers too.

Assuming this is Crabtree (and Sanders is basically inadvertently outing Crabtree, IMO) the running theme of this is players who aren't getting the contract offers they want. That doesn't mean it's not true of course, but It's not entirely dissimilar from Golden Tate talking sideways about the Hawks a little bit as soon as he figured out that his way below market offer was the best he was going to get from them.

All that said, I think what some players say to the media or on Twitter* (others, like Boldin, Willis, Gore, Justin Smith etc. call these reports BS) basically doesn't matter, UNLESS it reinforces something that's already believed about Harbaugh in the FO. Through that lens, I think it might matter. If some players are having the same problem with Harbaugh that Baalke, Paraag and Jed are, I think it adds to the narrative.

As of right now I think there's a 50/50 chance of him being back next year. TBH, if the team could get something for Harbaugh in trade and sign David Shaw, I'd be all over that. I do think there's something true to Harbaugh never being anywhere for too long. That's not a knock against him, Parcells is one of the most accomplished coaches in NFL history and he was the same way, but it is what it is

*49ers players who have complained, IIRC, are 1) Brandon Jacobs when he wasn't suiting up, 2) LaMichael James when he wasn't suiting up, and 3) (who I assume to be) Michael Crabtree, who was in negotiations this summer that didn't go anywhere.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3tkx1afg said:
loafoftatupu":3tkx1afg said:
Popeyejones":3tkx1afg said:

I think Harbs would do a great job with Michigan, but he does have it pretty good now despite the reports. Players be crying if that stuff is even true.

Agreed about this. TBF it's also tempered a bit by being a 49ers fan of a certain age: Players were complaining about Bill Walsh during the golden era of the 9ers too.

Assuming this is Crabtree (and Sanders is basically inadvertently outing Crabtree, IMO) the running theme of this is players who aren't getting the contract offers they want. That doesn't mean it's not true of course, but It's not entirely dissimilar from Golden Tate talking sideways about the Hawks a little bit as soon as he figured out that his way below market offer was the best he was going to get from them.

All that said, I think what some players say to the media or on Twitter* (others, like Boldin, Willis, Gore, Justin Smith etc. call these reports BS) basically doesn't matter, UNLESS it reinforces something that's already believed about Harbaugh in the FO. Through that lens, I think it might matter. If some players are having the same problem with Harbaugh that Baalke, Paraag and Jed are, I think it adds to the narrative.

As of right now I think there's a 50/50 chance of him being back next year. TBH, if the team could get something for Harbaugh in trade and sign David Shaw, I'd be all over that. I do think there's something true to Harbaugh never being anywhere for too long. That's not a knock against him, Parcells is one of the most accomplished coaches in NFL history and he was the same way, but it is what it is

*49ers players who have complained, IIRC, are 1) Brandon Jacobs when he wasn't suiting up, 2) LaMichael James when he wasn't suiting up, and 3) (who I assume to be) Michael Crabtree, who was in negotiations this summer that didn't go anywhere.

So would I.

I don't think it'll happen though. Not sure if Shaw wants to make a career of following Harbaugh.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hehe

Who knows if Sanders is right, but the response cracks me up.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 7m
"Personally, I feel that's a bunch of crap." -- Jim Harbaugh on Deion Sanders' comments.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It's not hard to believe Sanders hearing some grumblings from players inside the org