Request: GIFs of the non-called DPI involving Kearse

SeaChat

Reaction score
bigtrain21":33qidpe1 said:
Here is a .gif of the play. It is a long .gif but I wanted to show 3 angles on the same .gif.

To me this looks easily catchable and it was clearly pass interference. His left arm grabs kearse and doesn't allow him to make a play on the ball which lands just a couple yards past him.

Kearse.gif
who decided this pass wasn't catchable, we are talking Jermaine Kearse here aren't we? the guy yanking on his shoulder, slows his progress down the field more than a little bit, and unless my eyes deceive me, Jermaine was only a step or two at most short of pulling that one in with a dive and an easy touchdown.

I think that a lot of folks would agree that had our overly friendly defender not been trying to grab a piggyback ride on this play that this might very well have been a whole different outcome.

I personally would call BS on a claim of the pass being "uncatchable", near identical plays with other teams have drawn flags in the NFL on many occasions. If you go back and watch various other game films, of Jermaine reeling in passes like that one time and time again, and were at all objective in your assessment, you would acknowledge Jermaine is no ordinary cat out there, this guys pulls stuff out of thin air when no one gives him a chance of coming down with iit and this one wasn't nearly as difficult as some he has managed to complete.

The one thing that everyone says about Jermaine is that he has been a tremendous asset to the Seahawk receiving core, not because he comes down with every single pass thrown to him, but because he "ALWAYS" comes down with the passes we need him to catch the most,. Usually doing so in spite of all the pass interference plays by the defense.

I understand coming up with rationale's that support your ability to lay claim that somehow the foul committed against your player was uniquely different, than the one called against your own player, and why your player should have been shown exceptional favor from the referees, when your opponents player wasn't qualified for the same favor.

I think that if you get honest with yourselves you'd see that the circumstances of each play are almost identical. I didn't go back and watch the start of Jermaine's play to see if he perhaps also fouled your DB with hands to the face and a push to the back of his shoulders, trying to establish an unfair distance advantage before taking off down field to catch the pass, like Julio did with Richard, if he did then we have a situation where neither receiver should be crying foul, if he did not, then Jermaine deserved the pass interference call far and away more so than did Julio.

If not then their clearly should have been a PI flag on the Kearse play and the ball should have been placed at 1st and goal and the Seahawks would clearly have taken it in for another touchdown based upon previous play just prior to and after this questionable play. I do appreciate the Seahawk member for taking the time and going to the trouble of capturing and sharing this video clip with all of us in this thread. The proof is always in the pudding.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
You seem to use "your" a lot as if to suggest people posting here are Falcons fans. I could be mistaken but I don't think a single person who has posted in this thread is a Falcons fan.