rest the starters?

davidonmi

Reaction score
I understand this may not be conventional and I may be laughed at. But the Seahawks are clearly not healthy right now. From Baldwin to Lockett to Avril to Bennett to Wilson to the rb's.
I understand it could cost us the 5 seed but with the way that gb is playing is going to Lambeau that much worse than washington?
If this team were healthy I would feel different about this but imo health is more important than seeding right now. You don't even need to rest everyone, just the guys who are hurting

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah sure .. Theyre arent playing with any heart

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They don't need rest,that was done today.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Don't have to rest them if they're on the injury report. They may not be able to play.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1dzbbba8 said:
yes...a last game injury to a key starter would kill this team
Not just that. The players who are playing hurt need rest

seabowl

Reaction score
F a player is hurt then yes rest but Pete has already said he would not rest players.

timmat

Reaction score
It's unfortunate the Packers Vikings game has been flexed to the Sunday night game. Had it been a 10am game, we'd know before kickoff if we even have a chance at the 5 seed, which could have resulted in planned rest.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
timmat":26i626uq said:
It's unfortunate the Packers Vikings game has been flexed to the Sunday night game. Had it been a 10am game, we'd know before kickoff if we even have a chance at the 5 seed, which could have resulted in planned rest.

At this point, I'm not sure the 5 seed is better than the 6.

Hence the speculation that you may as well just get guys healthy.

I understand the other side to the argument, but this team is banged up. 95 percent of the time I say compete at all times, but in this case, it may make sense, at least for a handful of guys.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I would definitely lower the threshold for who is injured enough to be inactive. Since we're going directly into the playoffs with no bye week, sit everyone who needs it and hope to squeeze out a win.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JPatera76":34i62d4g said:
Yeah sure .. Theyre arent playing with any heart
The Offensive Line getting their asses handed to them all day will sap whatever heart you can muster.
This O-Line on it's best day, is absolutely no match for the Aaron Donald type Defenses, so I think it's damned unfair to question their heart.
The Rams plan was to contain and pound Wilson, for which when he finally broke containment, he took a cheap head shot, and the disgusting slipshod Refs let the Rams MORE THAN ONCE, get away with it..How much heart are we expecting of RW?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
If Okung plays then we might as well try to get that w. Put Bailey in and we have 0 chance against the Cards pash rush so might as well rest everyone.