Reuban Foster is really good...

NINEster

Reaction score
chris98251":38bjrctf said:
NINEster":38bjrctf said:
Sports Hernia":38bjrctf said:
5_Golden_Rings":38bjrctf said:
I think you are giving him way too much credit here, maybe it’s because you are used to subpar linebacker play..... The ball was underthrown, if it was a bit higher it’s likely a completion since Foster was tripping over his own feet. It was a good play, don’t get me wrong......and color me biased if you will, but I’ve seen Wagner and KJ Wright make plays like that fairly often.

I'm tired of Bobby Wagner.

A very good, perhaps great LB, but overrated here.

Never played on s*** teams like Patrick Willis from 2007-2010. Willis' best years as LB were before Harbaugh, and then he gladly took on a role that allowed Bowman to shine more because of his position for the overall betterment of the team. That was a baller till the very end. Good team or bad, he shined.

Wagner, we don't know how he looks on less than a dominant defense.....we'll see how good he is this year with a few less "dogs" around him.

KJ Wright is just a good scheme fit LB. If he can't command $10M+ APY in the FA market, that's all he is.

And yes Foster is young, but IMO he has done more in his first two seasons than Wagner in his first two playing with elites. Same system too...

1st round pedigree versus 2nd round. Rarely wrong.

Except around 50 percent of the time, take your trolling somewhere else, 49ers have the look of promise so your back here to try and smear a team that has kicked your ass for years when you think you see a chink in the armor.

Look at my join date and post count.

I never left, bud.

And no, it's not about chink in the armor or vulnerability. It's simply the annoyance of fans overrating their guys and s**** on opposing team players that gets tiring.

adeltaY

Reaction score
You're not wrong about fans doing that, but Bobby Wagner is a terrible example. He's legitimately one of the best defensive players in the league. If someone was talking about Tyler Lockett being an elite WR or something you'd be spot on.

I really relate to what you're saying though. Jags fans thinking Bortles is "good enough" is something that's pissed me off recently. The guy flat out sucks and was the main reason they didn't win more games and have home field in the playoffs. Their defense was certainly good enough. One month of above average performance (during which he whooped the Seahawks, I will readily admit) does not excuse three and a half seasons of poor play.

OP
OP
5_Golden_Rings

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
adeltaY":2j7f8pqz said:
WTF? Bobby Wagner is overrated and KJ Wright is nothing more than a good scheme fit? Nonsense. I'll take both over Reuben right now given his off the field concerns (of which they have none) and the fact that Reuben hasn't even played a full season yet. I suppose Russell Wilson is worse than RG3 because pedigree? Similar to how Derek Carr is worse than Blake Bortles? Or how Antonio Brown is worse than Kelvin Benjamin.

Come back to us when Foster is a 4 time All-pro. No one was saying anything about Willis. No one except Niners fans with a persecution complex believes the league's overall opinion of Willis is anything besides he was a generational talent at the position whose production matched.
Why was Patrick Willis even brought up in the first place? Had he played three more years instead of retiring after 7.5, sure, he'd easily be in the Hall of Fame. But he's 100% irrelevant to this discussion, regardless of the fact that he was an All Pro 5 out of 6 seasons he played more than 6 games and a Pro Bowler in every season he played at least 7. :les:

This thread is about Foster, who probably has a twenty five percent chance of throwing his career away due to off field stuff, and a twenty five percent chance of throwing it away due to injuries. I say he has a fifty percent chance of a 7 or 8 year career, in which case he'll become one of the best in the league. But it's not great odds. As I said, I was going by talent.

But Patrick Willis? He is completely irrelevant to this discussion.