Revis attacking Sherman on twitter

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Don't take this too seriously folks, this is all in good fun. A little bit of trash talking can only make the game better for players and for fans. It gives attention to the game and the players ...
I'm sure Richard will work harder in the offseason to prove the National Media wrong ...
Richard, keep the tweets coming ... don't let this fool from the Jets think he is better than you, because he ain't.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2sdi8pe8 said:
You guys are so full of it.

If sherman was on any other team you guys would talk about what a douchebag,self centered, he was and a cancer to his team, ect...

But he plays for us so he is just a fun loving guy.
And your point is...?

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's hard to ignore Tech World's extremely insightful point: when a guy is on your favorite team, you tend to like him a lot more. Everybody study up on that so we can all come to class prepared tomorrow.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BlueTalon":11146um4 said:
Tech Worlds":11146um4 said:

If sherman was on any other team you guys would talk about what a douchebag,self centered, he was and a cancer to his team, ect...

And your point is...?

My point is that I find it hypocritical that the very antics we rag on players of other teams, we (well some of us) embrace in ours.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
pinksheets":2or0q886 said:
It's hard to ignore Tech World's extremely insightful point: when a guy is on your favorite team, you tend to like him a lot more. Everybody study up on that so we can all come to class prepared tomorrow.

Hard to argue with your astute summation.

chris98251

Reaction score
I find a sort or irony in that Revis is trying to promote himself over Sherman, Sherman slapping him down, his new GM is a Ex Seahawk cap guy and player evaluator that has the power to pay or trade him and knows Sherm extremly well as a person and player.

hawker84

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1cmo8o4h said:
Who cares if he is playing in NFCWest next season. He is a punk and so called revis island no longer exist.

puff puff give.... you're messin up the rotation..

meaning you must be smoking somethin, and i want some too...

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I'm just telling the truth. Revis is massively overrated. Everyone praises him cuz of his past showings, what the heck has he done lately?

Seriously though, what the heck is wrong with you? Sherman is better than Revis and Russell is better than any defense!

hawker84

Reaction score
what's wrong with me? i don't agree with you.. i better get that checked out..

revis is a punk, why? because sherman called him out, out of the blue and he responded to him.. and if you think Revis is no longer an effective corner, you obviously haven't been keeping up with his rehab or seen him in action rehabing, he looks extremely good... what has he done lately? had surgery , and has been rehabing, hard to produce stats from a rehab facility.

never said Revis is better, and how RW got into the discussion is beyond me, but never said he wasn't good either.

Give me one good reason why Revis is a Punk and Sherman is not, and give me one good reason why Revis will be ineffective when he returns...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":d5e78pse said:
BlueTalon":d5e78pse said:
Tech Worlds":d5e78pse said:

And your point is...?

My point is that I find it hypocritical that the very antics we rag on players of other teams, we (well some of us) embrace in ours.

Weren't you one of the people who was sick of the same old soft Seahawks? This kind of thing comes with the hard edge. You don't get to field an offense and defense who are all quiet killers like Wilson or Thomas. Not with the multiple personalities involved.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
hawker84":1fmrqwbn said:

revis is a punk, why? because sherman called him out, out of the blue and he responded to him.. and if you think Revis is no longer an effective corner, you obviously haven't been keeping up with his rehab or seen him in action rehabing

Why would we be 'keeping up' with his rehab?

hawker84

Reaction score
because i'm an NFL fan aside being a Seahawk fan, and i have NFL Network where they have a running story on his progress...

If tracking other players is not someones cup of tea, that's fine, but don't comment on things you know nothing about....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech has a point, I remember a lot of people around here hating on some big mouths in the NFL that were never known to be a locker room cancer. There certainly are a number that have been, but I also recall a lot of people hating Houshmandzadeh even before he played a snap with us because they thought that a big mouth equaled cancer. I can't recall any Seahawks player ever saying anything disparaging about Housh.

I don't mind a big mouth on anybody if they back it up on the field, and that includes players on other teams. It hurts when an opposing player talks a ton of smack, and then wins over your team, though. That's probably part of why most of us love Richard Sherman so much; it's a hell of a lot more fun to be on the giving end of that shtick than the receiving end. :)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Liking Sherman, his play AND words, is not hypocritical - even if one does not like talkers on other teams.

It is simply following #1 of Papa Pete's 3 rules: always protect the team. :141847_bnono:

In fact, complaining about Sherman is a violation of the 2nd Rule: no complaining, no whining, no excuses. :D

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1mec8vqv said:

revis is a punk, why? because sherman called him out, out of the blue and he responded to him.. and if you think Revis is no longer an effective corner, you obviously haven't been keeping up with his rehab or seen him in action rehabing, he looks extremely good... what has he done lately? had surgery , and has been rehabing, hard to produce stats from a rehab facility.

never said Revis is better, and how RW got into the ,discussion is beyond me, but never said he wasn't good either.

Give me one good reason why Revis is a Punk and Sherman is not, and give me one good reason why Revis will be ineffective when he returns...
I believe Revis called Sherm out. Either by being upset over the Bourbon Street incident, where Sherm asked people who was better, or Sherm not putting Revis on his list because he has to see what he's like when he comes back from his injury. Revis responded to this by calling Sherm a girl, so yeah I think Revis is a punk. I also think he's a great player and will be every bit of what he was before his acl. I just think he handled this like a punk.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sherman's brashness and confidence is a magnet for punks, head cases, loudmouths, and the less-self-assured. Brady would appear to be above that, but he had no idea what he was in for when he started running his mouth at the CLink. The Cult of Sherman had not yet exploded.

But in that 'U Mad Bro?' case, as well as with Revis, Roddy, and Trent Williams, Sherman was reacting to the other guy. Of course he knows the way he carries himself will get people riled up and people will be talking; that's the way he wants it. He's not playing dumb about that.

The whole thing with Revis started with fans on Twitter telling Sherman he was not as good as Revis. Sherman responded by posting images of comparative stats. He left it up to others' interpretation of those numbers, while making his opinion clear that he, himself, was the better of the two at this point, as based on those stats. Fans still went at him as not being as good, so after being named 1st team All-Pro, he took it to the streets for a Super-Bowl-week, punk'd style, informal poll. The joke was not on Revis. He wasn't belittling Revis at all. The point was, here's a guy who was just named the best at his position and regular joe fan doesn't even know his face. Sherman is cool, collected, smart, and funny enough to let these people go off on him for everything from cheating and drugs, to being 'fat & slow', then laughing and introducing himself. So the joke is on the casual fan and Sherman's current anonymous status with them. It highlights the difference between Pro Bowl and All-Pro, considering fans are part of the PB voting. Anyway, it's just a laugh. No harm done.

Sherman's pumping himself up, not putting the other guy down... unless you believe that Revis is entitled to some kind of crown that Sherm is trying to unjustly steal. For a few years, it seems the Best CB discussion has lasted as long as it takes to say 'Darrelle Revis.' Sherman's just telling everyone, when you have that discussion now, don't forget me. Here's my 24 PDs, 8 INTs, and 3 FFs, to help you figure it out.

Certainly it's reasonable that Revis would reply to all this at some point. He could have responded with something about how great his rehab is going and he's psyched out of his mind about getting on the field next season and showing everybody he's still the best. That would have been easier than what he did, and it would have done well to solidify his image as he looks ahead to a possible trade. Instead, he chose to call Sherman a girl. He put down the other guy. He said Sherman was 'using (Revis') name' to get attention and make himself part of a discussion he shouldn't be in. All Sherman ever did was answer fans' claims with stats, and mention the fact that Revis didn't play but 2 games last year.

On-field play is #1 for Sherman. He could just say 'I'll let my season speak for itself' and 'My play next year will speak for itself.' That is an option, but that's not who he is. He lets his play speak for his play and his brain/mouth apparatus speak for his ranking in the minds of the media and fans. If he's confident about being the best and willing to back it up with his play, there's no problem in trying to get other people on his side. If people are going to talk about him, he will confront anything he feels is disrespectful or uninformed with factual evidence. And he'll do it with confidence and a wink. Revis will call you a girl.

Personally, I am not a self-promoter and I am not drawn to trash-talking athletes or showboats of any kind. Given that, I am not bothered one iota by Richard Sherman. I hope we can afford to keep him a Hawk for life while still fielding a complete, championship-calibre team. If he gets too expensive later down the road (after the first big contract), he should command a doozy of a draft-pick package. Win-win Seahawks.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3940wcew said:

THATs RIGHT!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":27hr85jo said:
Sherman's brashness and confidence is a magnet for punks, head cases, loudmouths, and the less-self-assured. Brady would appear to be above that, but he had no idea what he was in for when he started running his mouth at the CLink. The Cult of Sherman had not yet exploded.

But in that 'U Mad Bro?' case, as well as with Revis, Roddy, and Trent Williams, Sherman was reacting to the other guy. Of course he knows the way he carries himself will get people riled up and people will be talking; that's the way he wants it. He's not playing dumb about that.

The whole thing with Revis started with fans on Twitter telling Sherman he was not as good as Revis. Sherman responded by posting images of comparative stats. He left it up to others' interpretation of those numbers, while making his opinion clear that he, himself, was the better of the two at this point, as based on those stats. Fans still went at him as not being as good, so after being named 1st team All-Pro, he took it to the streets for a Super-Bowl-week, punk'd style, informal poll. The joke was not on Revis. He wasn't belittling Revis at all. The point was, here's a guy who was just named the best at his position and regular joe fan doesn't even know his face. Sherman is cool, collected, smart, and funny enough to let these people go off on him for everything from cheating and drugs, to being 'fat & slow', then laughing and introducing himself. So the joke is on the casual fan and Sherman's current anonymous status with them. It highlights the difference between Pro Bowl and All-Pro, considering fans are part of the PB voting. Anyway, it's just a laugh. No harm done.

Sherman's pumping himself up, not putting the other guy down... unless you believe that Revis is entitled to some kind of crown that Sherm is trying to unjustly steal. For a few years, it seems the Best CB discussion has lasted as long as it takes to say 'Darrelle Revis.' Sherman's just telling everyone, when you have that discussion now, don't forget me. Here's my 24 PDs, 8 INTs, and 3 FFs, to help you figure it out.

Certainly it's reasonable that Revis would reply to all this at some point. He could have responded with something about how great his rehab is going and he's psyched out of his mind about getting on the field next season and showing everybody he's still the best. That would have been easier than what he did, and it would have done well to solidify his image as he looks ahead to a possible trade. Instead, he chose to call Sherman a girl. He put down the other guy. He said Sherman was 'using (Revis') name' to get attention and make himself part of a discussion he shouldn't be in. All Sherman ever did was answer fans' claims with stats, and mention the fact that Revis didn't play but 2 games last year.

On-field play is #1 for Sherman. He could just say 'I'll let my season speak for itself' and 'My play next year will speak for itself.' That is an option, but that's not who he is. He lets his play speak for his play and his brain/mouth apparatus speak for his ranking in the minds of the media and fans. If he's confident about being the best and willing to back it up with his play, there's no problem in trying to get other people on his side. If people are going to talk about him, he will confront anything he feels is disrespectful or uninformed with factual evidence. And he'll do it with confidence and a wink. Revis will call you a girl.

Personally, I am not a self-promoter and I am not drawn to trash-talking athletes or showboats of any kind. Given that, I am not bothered one iota by Richard Sherman. I hope we can afford to keep him a Hawk for life while still fielding a complete, championship-calibre team. If he gets too expensive later down the road (after the first big contract), he should command a doozy of a draft-pick package. Win-win Seahawks.
Great post...I tried, but could not post as eloquent of an argument as this