Ricardo Lockette Got Over SB 49 "Pretty Easily"

mrt144

Reaction score
Aros":3g9eh9ty said:
True. Loyalty can be a double-edged sword, especially in the NFL.

Loyalty is conflated with trust. Loyalty at this point, semantically, means trusting someone in spite of their screw ups or wrong doing ;)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":wsmnw5mk said:
Not sure what the bid deal is??

I was over it in under 3 years. :twisted: :2thumbs:

Frankly I'm not and likely won't ever be over it completely as it was a galactically stupid play call. Interesting that you were over it after Bevell got canned.

I still get steamed thinking about how Bevell refused to wear any responsibility for the play when Pete, Russell, and Ricardo all did. Bevell betrayed his true colours then and sure in my mind he is not an appropriate head coach for any team. Mark my words he will screw-up in Detroit worse than he did in Seattle.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Aros":1724j7fs said:
Butler made the play of his entire career. I moved on. Hell, it was one of the best Super Bowl's ever played. I've watched the game replay several times since. I merely delete the show or turn the channel right after Kearse' amazing circus catch and pretend in my parallel universe we won that game.
Man I wish I could do this because it was one of the best games I ever watched! I envy you for being able to watch it. But you are absolutely right, Butler made an amazing, career changing play. I’m glad Ricardo moves on. That’s life folks and you still need to get up the next day and so on.....

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3kkt3h5l said:
Seymour":3kkt3h5l said:
Not sure what the bid deal is??

I was over it in under 3 years. :twisted: :2thumbs:

Frankly I'm not and likely won't ever be over it completely as it was a galactically stupid play call. Interesting that you were over it after Bevell got canned.

I still get steamed thinking about how Bevell refused to wear any responsibility for the play when Pete, Russell, and Ricardo all did. Bevell betrayed his true colours then and sure in my mind he is not an appropriate head coach for any team. Mark my words he will screw-up in Detroit worse than he did in Seattle.

Sorry. Cable has always been my top turd. Didn't like Bevell, but he could move the ball when they blocked for him. Glad they're both gone for sure.

OP
OP
H

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Let me clarify here: I don't have an issue with him getting over it. And I had an issue that Seahawks players ( Sherman) were still talking about it a few years later. I do have an issue with the words he ( Ricardo) chose. "Quickly". "I didn't think about it that much afterwards". Lastly, why does he need to go on Boston radio and broadcast this?

People are mentioning his injury. He was injured 9 months after the game. I don't think they are related. I just think it's in poor taste to the loyal 12's to go on Boston Sports radio like that. Especially loyal fans who had to go on sabbatical from work because of it.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Aros":2i8zo1hs said:
jammerhawk":2i8zo1hs said:
I wish Pete had canned him after that press conference it would have caused a lot of healing rather than letting things fester for 2 seasons and causing much caustic dissension on his team.

I think Pete's decision not to fire Bevell was one of the main causes of the fracture that ultimately saw the beginning of the end of the LOB Era.

This is 100% fact. I know that I've personally still not gotten over this game. The team needed someone to be held truly accountable, Bevell, and it didn't happen. The minute that didn't happen, the locker room was lost. Call me crazy, petty, idiotic, stupid, having messed up priorities, whatever. I don't care, personally. I know that this game truly had a serious affect on my life. I still don't think I'm over my depression from this game. No wait, I know that I'm not.

To blame the defense for blowing a ten point is crazy to me, seeing as how Avril and Lane (when he was still good) were out AND several key players were playing at less than 100%. The same defense that was so instrumental in getting us our first ring and even getting us to the 2nd Super Bowl after a nightmare performance from the O in the NFC Championship against Green Bay. I just can't blame them for not stopping the 2nd/3rd best QB of all-time (Montana 1st, tied with Peyton for #2 IMHO) and the greatest coach quite possibly in the history of organized sports.

I agree with the poster above who said he lost all respect for Bevell after he threw Ricardo under the bus. Absolute trash and he should've been canned that very day. Russ, Pete took the blame for it and then Bevell, who called the play/personnel, goes and chucks Lockette (he wasnt wrong though, mediocre effort on the biggest play of his life) under the bus. Hanging on to him was fatal mistake #2 after not giving Marshawn the pill 3 inches away from the damn goal line. The same man who authored 'Beast Quake', was going to get stopped at the 1 in THAT spot?! (I know, our #'s from running at the 1 were awful, and we always sucked in short yardage at the 1, but Marshawn knew the moment. You ain't stopping that bull there.) Fatal mistake #3, the reactionary trading of Unger for Graham because of our "lack of a true red zone threat" because of a horrible play/personnel call by a mediocre OC that we shouldn't have hung on to. Notice, we didn't have Graham this season and didn't have a problem with generating TD's in the red zone. Also, Graham changed our identity from tough as nails to soft and finesse. #4, not showing Kam the door, Patriots style, after his holdout and setting the tone in the organization and so forth and so forth. Don't worry, I didnt forget about Cable. That was mistake # too-many-self-inflicted gun shot wounds to count by now.

Personally, I know that I'm not getting over XLIX until we win another Lombardi. Preferably against New England but I don't ever care right now. I'm in full blown Gollum mode and in need of my precious Lombardi. I have morphed from the man that I was into a monster that I barely recognize haha added for dramatic effect, but you get the picture. My mind has gotten smaller, all I can think about when it comes to the Seahawks is winning that damn trophy again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the signs of life of this past season, but much like Bobby Wagner, I am no longer satisfied with moral victories. The Dallas game leaves a sour taste in my mouth and leaves me wondering whether or not Pete can truly get us to the mountain top once again.

Oh well, I could literally talk forever about this. So I'll stop now and spare you all the rest of my brain haha Go Hawks! Oh, and Go Patriots! Yeah, I said it. I'm rooting for them hard. Can't have our division rivals beating the team that derailed our dynasty (actually, the team that derailed the Seahawks dynasty is, the Seahawks themselves), can't have McVay being crowned the new Belicheck, and another ring for Brady means #3's got to try even harder to end up with the most rings ever. Although, sadly, I fear I was mistaken about #3's desire to be the "greatest ever." He got his ring, he's got his TraceMe app and his celeb wife, he's got the life he wanted. I don't see him as "different" from the rest, like I used to believe. But that's probably my fault in managing expectations more than anything, admittedly. Peace.

soxhawk

Reaction score
"Although, sadly, I fear I was mistaken about #3's desire to be the "greatest ever." He got his ring, he's got his TraceMe app and his celeb wife, he's got the life he wanted. I don't see him as "different" from the rest, like I used to believe."

That's me too. I thought it would be different 5 years ago. But I just don't see the YoY improvement like I hoped.

Sure, you can blame the line or pick specific stats that say otherwise, but they don't equal W's, which matter most to me.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
IMHO: Anyone who is still bemoaning 'The Play,' needs to get a life. Let me also add if 'The Play' is the worst thing that happens during your lifetime, be grateful.

soxhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":45p0tyjq said:
IMHO: Anyone who is still bemoaning 'The Play,' needs to get a life. Let me also add if 'The Play' is the worst thing that happens during your lifetime, be grateful.

Yes it is the worst thing that's happened to me in my Seahawks lifetime. There are other forums for one's own personal life trials and tribulations...

No one's stating that it's so bad it affects their daily life in 2019, but it is a scar we all share.

Seeing the Patriots continue to perform year after year while we fall back to the rest of the pack helps irritate that scar around this time of year, and ex Seahawks players talking about it like it's NBD doesn't help.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Again, IMHO: But why keep opening up that old scab? Unless of course, you love misery?

Let's face it, the Pats have a better organization the we do. It's as simple as that. YMMV

acer1240

Reaction score
LymonHawk":jkj9zf8n said:
Again, IMHO: But why keep opening up that old scab? Unless of course, you love misery?

Let's face it, the Pats have a better organization the we do. It's as simple as that. YMMV

Have to agree with the resident old, cranky one here. This scab has already left a scar...

You're spot on as usual Lymon

soxhawk

Reaction score
acer1240":2g0l4zys said:
LymonHawk":2g0l4zys said:

Have to agree with the resident old, cranky one here. This scab has already left a scar...

I hope you enjoy that lukewarm, content feeling next time the Seahawks win the super bowl.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
soxhawk":14x3e9ei said:
acer1240":14x3e9ei said:
LymonHawk":14x3e9ei said:

I hope you enjoy that lukewarm, content feeling next time the Seahawks win the super bowl.

I can't speak for Acer, but I had a great time when the 'Hawks won the SB...and I was flummoxed when they lost, but ya know what? My life goes on just the same, those who love/like me still do, and those who don't love/like me...neener, neener!!

I played competitive sports until my 46th year and I loved it (I'm now 75yo). I still love to compete but now I do it at a poker table. One of the things I was taught by my father; was whether you win or lose, the size of your penis always remains the exact same size. YMMV LOL! :les:

soxhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1tjc00o2 said:
soxhawk":1tjc00o2 said:
acer1240":1tjc00o2 said:
LymonHawk":1tjc00o2 said:

I can't speak for Acer, but I had a great time when the 'Hawks won the SB...and I was flummoxed when they lost, but ya know what? My life goes on just the same, those who love/like me still do, and those who don't love/like me...neener, neener!!

I played competitive sports until my 46th year and I loved it (I'm now 75yo). I still love to compete but now I do it at a poker table. One of the things I was taught by my father; was whether you win or lose, the size of your penis always remains the exact same size. YMMV LOL! :les:

Well, ahem, there are certainly forums that enjoy discussing penis too. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Im with Lymon on this one (checks window for impending meteor)

Also, credit to a 75 year old man who knows YMMV (i had to google)

soxhawk

Reaction score
Certainly not gonna fault a 75 yo for being able to get over it quickly. Simply seeing tomorrow is a win.

But everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm just arguing that it's a bit disrespectful to the team for lockette to go on Patriots radio and bring it up again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NYCoug":2rscm0rp said:
Aros":2rscm0rp said:
jammerhawk":2rscm0rp said:
I wish Pete had canned him after that press conference it would have caused a lot of healing rather than letting things fester for 2 seasons and causing much caustic dissension on his team.

I think Pete's decision not to fire Bevell was one of the main causes of the fracture that ultimately saw the beginning of the end of the LOB Era.

This is 100% fact. I know that I've personally still not gotten over this game. The team needed someone to be held truly accountable, Bevell, and it didn't happen. The minute that didn't happen, the locker room was lost. Call me crazy, petty, idiotic, stupid, having messed up priorities, whatever. I don't care, personally. I know that this game truly had a serious affect on my life. I still don't think I'm over my depression from this game. No wait, I know that I'm not.

To blame the defense for blowing a ten point is crazy to me, seeing as how Avril and Lane (when he was still good) were out AND several key players were playing at less than 100%. The same defense that was so instrumental in getting us our first ring and even getting us to the 2nd Super Bowl after a nightmare performance from the O in the NFC Championship against Green Bay. I just can't blame them for not stopping the 2nd/3rd best QB of all-time (Montana 1st, tied with Peyton for #2 IMHO) and the greatest coach quite possibly in the history of organized sports.

I agree with the poster above who said he lost all respect for Bevell after he threw Ricardo under the bus. Absolute trash and he should've been canned that very day. Russ, Pete took the blame for it and then Bevell, who called the play/personnel, goes and chucks Lockette (he wasnt wrong though, mediocre effort on the biggest play of his life) under the bus. Hanging on to him was fatal mistake #2 after not giving Marshawn the pill 3 inches away from the damn goal line. The same man who authored 'Beast Quake', was going to get stopped at the 1 in THAT spot?! (I know, our #'s from running at the 1 were awful, and we always sucked in short yardage at the 1, but Marshawn knew the moment. You ain't stopping that bull there.) Fatal mistake #3, the reactionary trading of Unger for Graham because of our "lack of a true red zone threat" because of a horrible play/personnel call by a mediocre OC that we shouldn't have hung on to. Notice, we didn't have Graham this season and didn't have a problem with generating TD's in the red zone. Also, Graham changed our identity from tough as nails to soft and finesse. #4, not showing Kam the door, Patriots style, after his holdout and setting the tone in the organization and so forth and so forth. Don't worry, I didnt forget about Cable. That was mistake # too-many-self-inflicted gun shot wounds to count by now.

Personally, I know that I'm not getting over XLIX until we win another Lombardi. Preferably against New England but I don't ever care right now. I'm in full blown Gollum mode and in need of my precious Lombardi. I have morphed from the man that I was into a monster that I barely recognize haha added for dramatic effect, but you get the picture. My mind has gotten smaller, all I can think about when it comes to the Seahawks is winning that damn trophy again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the signs of life of this past season, but much like Bobby Wagner, I am no longer satisfied with moral victories. The Dallas game leaves a sour taste in my mouth and leaves me wondering whether or not Pete can truly get us to the mountain top once again.

Oh well, I could literally talk forever about this. So I'll stop now and spare you all the rest of my brain haha Go Hawks! Oh, and Go Patriots! Yeah, I said it. I'm rooting for them hard. Can't have our division rivals beating the team that derailed our dynasty (actually, the team that derailed the Seahawks dynasty is, the Seahawks themselves), can't have McVay being crowned the new Belicheck, and another ring for Brady means #3's got to try even harder to end up with the most rings ever. Although, sadly, I fear I was mistaken about #3's desire to be the "greatest ever." He got his ring, he's got his TraceMe app and his celeb wife, he's got the life he wanted. I don't see him as "different" from the rest, like I used to believe. But that's probably my fault in managing expectations more than anything, admittedly. Peace.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!

And hot damn you're missed around here. Post more often!! Hope to see you in Seattle for a game next season!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LymonHawk":mq1i0nma said:

LOL! Another .NET treasure folks. Take a bow brother Lymon. :2thumbs:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1n65zw0g said:
LymonHawk":1n65zw0g said:

LOL! Another .NET treasure folks. Take a bow brother Lymon. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words, brother Breda...appreciate it.

As for Si, thank you too for your kind words....(now were's that friggin' meteor?) To be fair, I learned that expression from, of all people, Da Rocket! Gotta give credit, where credit is due.

Latest posts