Why Russell Wilson Could Be the Seahawks... Downfall

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":kti2h51i said:
Excellent article. It's too bad that so many posters on here can't actually read any dissenting piece without getting butt hurt. Our offense has gone from a run based offense to a passing one. In our 4 wins this year the defense hasn't given up a touchdown but in our 4 losses, we have won the turnover battle and lost all of them. So what is the quantifiable factor? Russell Wilson. Our receiving crew is the best it has ever been and our oline is doing a decent job of protecting Wilson (first time since 2012 an opposing team didn't register a sack). So basically the defense has had to shut the opponents out of the endzone to win and yet, if Wilson moves the ball with any consistency in the 4th quarter we win 3 of the 4 games we loss. The writer says that Wilson is a top ten quarterback but most people who criticized this article can't handle objective dissent and are to weak to read anything that diminishes their hero. Our defense has choked down the stretch but have gotten no help from our sorry O in spite of the fact we have veterans all across the skill positions.

Common sense isn't very common on this board!!! :34853_doh:

worse post of the decade, wrong on every level

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xgeoff":3o6pmunb said:
SoulfishHawk":3o6pmunb said:
One of the worst O Lines in football, period.
It's reality, the O Line Sucks, and it flat out has an impact on how he plays. Heck yes he can play better, but so can a huge portion of this team.

Yes, in fact my biggest concern is that the poor play of the O-line will permanently affect Russ' willingness to stand in the pocket. Playing behind a poor offensive line in Houston, in my opinion, ruined David Carr. After playing behind that line for a couple years he was no longer able to stand comfortably in the pocket.

Well, that opinion was disproven by his later play. Once Carr left the Texans, his sack rate followed him to several other teams. Back in Houston, Matt Schaub stepped in without significant improvement to the OL, and did a lot better.

Similar story with Peyton Manning. The Colts' OL held a marvelously low sack rate, until Peyton left and it turned out that he was making the OL look better by consistently releasing the ball before pressure could arrive. Once Curtis Painter stepped in, his OL immediately looked awful.

The lesson being, the quarterback influences OL play just as much as vice versa, if not more.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I appreciate pointing out stupid journalism's stupidity.

But I'm in the "why give this wanker any clicks" camp?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":78hle24f said:
xgeoff":78hle24f said:
SoulfishHawk":78hle24f said:
It's reality, the O Line Sucks, and it flat out has an impact on how he plays. Heck yes he can play better, but so can a huge portion of this team.

Yes, in fact my biggest concern is that the poor play of the O-line will permanently affect Russ' willingness to stand in the pocket. Playing behind a poor offensive line in Houston, in my opinion, ruined David Carr. After playing behind that line for a couple years he was no longer able to stand comfortably in the pocket.

Well, that opinion was disproven by his later play. Once Carr left the Texans, his sack rate followed him to several other teams. Back in Houston, Matt Schaub stepped in without significant improvement to the OL, and did a lot better.

Similar story with Peyton Manning. The Colts' OL held a marvelously low sack rate, until Peyton left and it turned out that he was making the OL look better by consistently releasing the ball before pressure could arrive. Once Curtis Painter stepped in, his OL immediately looked awful.

The lesson being, the quarterback influences OL play just as much as vice versa, if not more.
I agree with this.When you have a QB that can make quick reads and fire the ball it all looks better.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hwxfhh7 said:
xgeoff":3hwxfhh7 said:
SoulfishHawk":3hwxfhh7 said:

IF not more being specifically HoF calibre QBs. Those grow on trees.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Schadie001":3u6yzihr said:
So, I came across this article today. It is just another in a long line of idiots who knows nothing about the Seahawks or the way this team has been and is being put together. Even though we are SB champions, have made the SB two years in a row, we were basically one play away from winning twice. This guy still thinks that Wilson is overpaid, can't carry a team on his back and is the reason we have started 4-4. He also thinks our "mini dynasty" is over basically because of Wilson.

I for one don't think we would have made one let alone two SB's if Matt Flynn or any other QB would have been our QB. Wilson's ability to move, throw on the move and run if needed is a huge reason we have done so well. Losing Max did hurt (I believe in the short term) but Wilson has never had a great or even above average Oline, and we have still gotten it down because of Wilson's dynamic play. I think what is lost by so many is that our running game is directly tied to Wilson's ability to scramble and make huge plays. We could very easily be 8-0 or 7-1 at this point if we could have executed on offense and defense in the 4th quarter. But it is what it is, I guess people forget we started the season pretty terribly last year too. Never the less if you have some time to waist and want to get fired up read this.

His best line in the article was "Their special teams took a hit when punt and kick returner Ricardo Lockette was lost for the season, but remain as one of the league’s best units despite his absence." Last I checked that would be Tyler Locket who has punt and kicker return duty not Ricardo. This was clue one that this tool knows nothing about our team.

Enjoy... http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-why-russell-wilson-could-be-the-seahawks-downfall.html/
Well you spelled it Tyler Locket when it's Tyler Lockett.........

olyfan63

Reaction score
Anthony!":14ocyut3 said:
seahawk12thman":14ocyut3 said:
Excellent article. It's too bad that so many posters on here can't actually read any dissenting piece without getting butt hurt. Our offense has gone from a run based offense to a passing one. In our 4 wins this year the defense hasn't given up a touchdown but in our 4 losses, we have won the turnover battle and lost all of them. So what is the quantifiable factor? Russell Wilson. Our receiving crew is the best it has ever been and our oline is doing a decent job of protecting Wilson (first time since 2012 an opposing team didn't register a sack). So basically the defense has had to shut the opponents out of the endzone to win and yet, if Wilson moves the ball with any consistency in the 4th quarter we win 3 of the 4 games we loss. The writer says that Wilson is a top ten quarterback but most people who criticized this article can't handle objective dissent and are to weak to read anything that diminishes their hero. Our defense has choked down the stretch but have gotten no help from our sorry O in spite of the fact we have veterans all across the skill positions.

Not even close to the "worsT" post of the decade; go search out some of Tokadub's knee-jerk reaction posts.
That said, "seahawk12thman" has some self-aggrandizing delusions, thinking he somehow has a monopoly on common sense here.

"seahawk12thman", the truth is, those of us who aren't in the Seahawks film room breaking down plays with Pete and Darrell can really only guess. Brock Huard admits as much of *himself*, even with all the great chalk-talks he's shared on specific plays. Speaking of common sense, you fail to even mention the ongoing O-line issues, and rush to assume Russell-on-a-pedestal is blinding the rest of us .NET posters to his failings. (And he does have a few)

There are plenty of quantifiable factors outside of QB play. Look at Marshawn Lynch's numbers and stats. Look at QB sacks and pressures (Wilson was at/near the top of the list for being sacked, at last check)

Nonetheless, I think most of the savvy posters here would agree with you that failures on the offensive side of the ball, especially at crunch time, are the cause of pretty much every loss. As to the "real" cause of the O's failures... as the saying goes, "success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan". As the O-Line plays better, it will make Russell play better. As Russell gets the ball out sooner, it will make the O-Line look better. As Jimmy G improves as a blocker at TE... well, the list goes on and on. A few small improvements in a bunch of little areas, and the O becomes much more successful. Thank God the defense has been playing as well as they have until Pete & co can coach up the offense to find their groove.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":67ciuasn said:
xgeoff":67ciuasn said:
SoulfishHawk":67ciuasn said:

yeah but was it the QB or the play calling and design. FYI Manning did not play in 2011INdys oline was ranked 18th in pass blocking, better than ours has ever been since Wilson got here. Since then indys Oline has been ranked 17, 6th, 7th, and this year so far 8th. Our best ranking since Wilson was 24th. So to me it is less about the Qb and more about the design of the offense, and play calling, and the oline itself. I agree a QB can help but the plays need to be design for that and called.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":2af52q68 said:
KiwiHawk":2af52q68 said:
Schadie001":2af52q68 said:
His best line in the article was "Their special teams took a hit when punt and kick returner Ricardo Lockette was lost for the season, but remain as one of the league’s best units despite his absence." Last I checked that would be Tyler Locket who has punt and kicker return duty not Ricardo. This was clue one that this tool knows nothing about our team.
To be fair, Lockette is the premier gunner in the league. Special teams isn't only about returning punts and kicks; you also have to cover them. We do take a hit from his absence, and we do remain one of the most effective coverage units in the league in spite of it.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with this particular statement by the author, and in fact I agree with it entirely.

JYagIzT

You don't? I see something glaringly wrong with it. Look at the statement again. Ricardo Lockette is a very good gunner, but he is not our punt and kick returner.
Fair enough - I caught the stuff from "Ricardo Lockette" on and missed the author calling him a returner. My bad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People who don't like Wilson likely never will. Flat out ignoring that horrific O-Line he has is part of it. :roll:

OP
OP
S

Schadie001

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":39a6fika said:
Schadie001":39a6fika said:
So, I came across this article today. It is just another in a long line of idiots who knows nothing about the Seahawks or the way this team has been and is being put together. Even though we are SB champions, have made the SB two years in a row, we were basically one play away from winning twice. This guy still thinks that Wilson is overpaid, can't carry a team on his back and is the reason we have started 4-4. He also thinks our "mini dynasty" is over basically because of Wilson.

I for one don't think we would have made one let alone two SB's if Matt Flynn or any other QB would have been our QB. Wilson's ability to move, throw on the move and run if needed is a huge reason we have done so well. Losing Max did hurt (I believe in the short term) but Wilson has never had a great or even above average Oline, and we have still gotten it down because of Wilson's dynamic play. I think what is lost by so many is that our running game is directly tied to Wilson's ability to scramble and make huge plays. We could very easily be 8-0 or 7-1 at this point if we could have executed on offense and defense in the 4th quarter. But it is what it is, I guess people forget we started the season pretty terribly last year too. Never the less if you have some time to waist and want to get fired up read this.

Enjoy... http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-why-russell-wilson-could-be-the-seahawks-downfall.html/
Well you spelled it Tyler Locket when it's Tyler Lockett.........

Damn, their went even the slightest bit of credibility I may have had.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":26t7lzxy said:
seahawk12thman":26t7lzxy said:

I appreciate what you're saying, but how in the world can you claim that the offensive line has been doing a good job protecting Russ? That's not true at all. Sure it has shown imjprovement as we've gone along, but in my opinion, having new players at three spots has hindered us the most.
But through all that adversity, I think Russ will be a more versatile QB with more tools at his disposal going forward. I think in the second half of the season, the run-option and running game will be back up to speed and we'll revert somewhat back to what's been successful in the past.
Throw in an improved secondary, especially with the pending return of Lane, and I see nothing but positives ahead.

You see positives when we scored 13 points against Dallas who has been torched on D???

Dallas D
39,26,30,27,13,33 given up in their last six games..
Guess who had the 13 LOL??

Since your excuse is that he hasn't had time to throw in other games, what is your excuse for this one when he has had all offseason and 7 games prior to get on the same page with his receivers???

I agree with you on our defense but they are gonna have to be epic to carry this team to the Super Bowl....

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Anthony!":1aov2aor said:
seahawk12thman":1aov2aor said:

I am sorry, I will use one syllable words from now on. I didn't mean to give you a headache but thank for making my point.. May be an ac tu al re tort would suf fice... :1:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
olyfan63":2y34ojgt said:
Anthony!":2y34ojgt said:
seahawk12thman":2y34ojgt said:

Not even close to the "worsT" post of the decade; go search out some of Tokadub's knee-jerk reaction posts.
That said, "seahawk12thman" has some self-aggrandizing delusions, thinking he somehow has a monopoly on common sense here.

"seahawk12thman", the truth is, those of us who aren't in the Seahawks film room breaking down plays with Pete and Darrell can really only guess. Brock Huard admits as much of *himself*, even with all the great chalk-talks he's shared on specific plays. Speaking of common sense, you fail to even mention the ongoing O-line issues, and rush to assume Russell-on-a-pedestal is blinding the rest of us .NET posters to his failings. (And he does have a few)

There are plenty of quantifiable factors outside of QB play. Look at Marshawn Lynch's numbers and stats. Look at QB sacks and pressures (Wilson was at/near the top of the list for being sacked, at last check)

Nonetheless, I think most of the savvy posters here would agree with you that failures on the offensive side of the ball, especially at crunch time, are the cause of pretty much every loss. As to the "real" cause of the O's failures... as the saying goes, "success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan". As the O-Line plays better, it will make Russell play better. As Russell gets the ball out sooner, it will make the O-Line look better. As Jimmy G improves as a blocker at TE... well, the list goes on and on. A few small improvements in a bunch of little areas, and the O becomes much more successful. Thank God the defense has been playing as well as they have until Pete & co can coach up the offense to find their groove.

I did post about our declining running game and Marshawn is only going to get worse as father time catches up. Not sure we disagree on anything. I question the intellect when people just reply with "worst post ever". The fact is, there is a lot of people wrong about Wilson and they can't handle it so they attempt to marginalize the poster. These aren't men, they are third graders... Did he get pass protection against Dallas? Yes. Did he have all his receivers? Yes. Is Dallas's Defense awful? Yes. So the quantifiable variable here is Russell Wilson.. He is highly overrated at this point in his career.

Teams are forcing him to pass from the pocket and with an extra spy, there is are even less db's to cover our receivers. He has one-on-one matchups all day and he simply isn't hitting the open receiver. We are not playing Dallas on Sunday either.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2djnnnvn said:
Siouxhawk":2djnnnvn said:
seahawk12thman":2djnnnvn said:

I appreciate what you're saying, but how in the world can you claim that the offensive line has been doing a good job protecting Russ? That's not true at all. Sure it has shown imjprovement as we've gone along, but in my opinion, having new players at three spots has hindered us the most.
But through all that adversity, I think Russ will be a more versatile QB with more tools at his disposal going forward. I think in the second half of the season, the run-option and running game will be back up to speed and we'll revert somewhat back to what's been successful in the past.
Throw in an improved secondary, especially with the pending return of Lane, and I see nothing but positives ahead.

You see positives when we scored 13 points against Dallas who has been torched on D???

Dallas D
39,26,30,27,13,33 given up in their last six games..
Guess who had the 13 LOL??

Since your excuse is that he hasn't had time to throw in other games, what is your excuse for this one when he has had all offseason and 7 games prior to get on the same page with his receivers???

I agree with you on our defense but they are gonna have to be epic to carry this team to the Super Bowl....
We won the game. We controlled the ball and drained the clock with our offense. It was a great performance.

Willyeye

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":uwiwdg21 said:
Anthony!":uwiwdg21 said:
seahawk12thman":uwiwdg21 said:

I am sorry, I will use one syllable words from now on. I didn't mean to give you a headache but thank for making my point.. May be an ac tu al re tort would suf fice... :1:

Just so everybody knows, the person that wrote this article at CheatSheet.com has made changes on it since first publishing it. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is actually reading comments here. He first changed a sentence from basically saying the Hawks ST will be screwed now that they lost their punt and kick returner, Ricardo Lockette, to praising Tyler Lockett as maybe "the most dangerous return specialist in the game".

That said, I'm sorry, but anyone that reads this article and takes from it that it is a fair and knowledgeable article is either naive or just a .NET troll pretending to be a Hawks fan. It should be obvious to even casual Seahawk fans that this author knows NOTHING about the Seahawks. I will take it point by point and explain how everything in this article is incorrect, except the sentences in which the author keeps pointing out that he is unbiased (an obvious lie).

Paragraph 1- how does this year's team not resemble the team that began the 2014 season with a 3-3 record? Given the insanely difficult schedule early in 2015, it's not surprising that the Hawks are 4-4 at this point...and yet the Hawks still came very close to winning every game except perhaps the Packers game.

Paragraph 2- this was of course the paragraph that has since been corrected...the paragraph that claimed that the Hawks lost their punt and kick returner, Ricardo Lockette, for the remainder of the season.

Paragraph 3- not that this entire statement is incorrect, but it is misleading in the sense that the author mentions nothing about the fact that the winning teams in 3 of the Seahawks 4 losses have a combined record of 22-2. Instead, he blames it on Russell Wilson, the QB that is having his most productive season in all stats except scoring...of course, the scoring probably has a lot to do with the "new" O-Line.

Paragraph 4- again, this is misleading. Wilson is NOT currently earning an average of $21.9 million. The truth is that Wilson is currently making an average of $17.6 million. His 4-year extension has not even begun yet. If the author wants to say that Wilson is making $22 million per year, he needs to also then state that Wilson is only making $700,000 this year...or he could say that Wilson will be making an average of $17.6 million over the next 5 years.

Paragraph 5- comparatively speaking, is the investment in Wilson financially astronomical for a QB that took this team to the last 2 SB's? I say NO!

Paragraph 6- this is nothing but an attempt to be perceived as "the fair and unbiased journalist". We love Wilson, but, but, but, but.........

Paragraph 7- this paragraph is a ridiculous joke. It begins by saying that because Wilson threw his girlfriend a birthday party one night, he is obviously no longer committed to his football career...REALLY???? I can't even address this it's so moronic. And then, the Seahawks have completely disregarded their running game...REALLY??? What about the fact that, despite Lynch's injuries and missed games, and the poor state of run-blocking by the O-Line, the Seahawks are still currently averaging 139 yards/game, while the 2013 championship Seahawks averaged only 137 yards/game. And Graham is not a good fit in Seattle's offense...REALLY??? Can anyone explain to me why JG's numbers are almost identical to last year's numbers when targeted by Brees? And then to say that the reason Wilson was sacked 31 times in the first 7 games is because they traded away the "anchor" of the O-Line...REALLY??? How in the hell can a guy that missed 10 games last year be called the anchor of last season's O-Line, not to mention that Unger had the worst game of his career in SB49.

Paragraph 8- this is just wonderful...this guy can't have it both ways...how the hell can he say Wilson is one of the most overpaid players in the NFL when he's making all of $700,000 this year. NEWS FLASH- Rodgers, Brady, and Manning are not the only QB's that have made deep playoff runs in recent seasons. Just because Wilson doesn't throw as much as those other QB's, it's not fair to just ignore what Russell has cumulatively accomplished. Consider his clutch comebacks over the first 3 years...his run game has been phenomenal. Wilson even had more yards than Brady last year. And saying that Wilson hasn't been able to carry this team is incredulous. Guys like Brady and Manning have not been perfect their entire career either. Since when do QB's have to be perfect anyway? There are a lot of years where the HoF QB's don't win the SB!!! But now suddenly, the biggest mistake the Hawks FO is making is building this team around Wilson??? REALLY???

Quite frankly seahawk12thman, I'm almost embarrassed that a supposed Seahawk fan would call this article excellent. That evaluation makes us all look silly. And then to base any of Wilson's somewhat inconsistent performances on only Wilson, that's just sad. You honestly want to base this year's O-Line performance on one game because it's the only game since 2012 in which Russell wasn't sacked? REALLY? Does one game with zero sacks suddenly prove that the current O-Line is the best in the RW era? I'm sorry man, but you're either a troll pretending to be a Seahawks fan, or you simply know NOTHING about the Seahawks.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
olyfan63":1dn9uiu4 said:

Just wanted to say that this is a great post.

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3se9c7pf said:

I put as much stock in an article from "Cheatsheet.com" as i do someone's ranting on FB. They didn't even credit an author for this "article" until it was later amended.

"No Major Personnel Changes Beyond Unger/Graham". I'd say starting a new LG, C, and RT is fairly major. As is losing a solid starting CB and having a different NC starting. Also a new starting DT. He does mention that Kam missed two games, but since there have only been 8 games that is 25% of games missed. That's a major issue and his absence was felt in those games.

The author seems to give sole credit to offensive deficiency to Wilson and Unger, yet doesn't even mention that there are three new starters at different positions on Oline and ignoring Unger missing several games last year.

There is zero references to any of Wilson's stats beyond his win loss record and sack rate and the only offensive stat mentioned is the decline in rushing numbers. How does that help evaluate Wilson's play when you also acknowledge Lynch's injury?

How exactly is this an excellent article? You can agree with the author's premise, but there is nothing of substance in the article to back up that premise.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Willyeye":9sgpiydt said:
seahawk12thman":9sgpiydt said:
Anthony!":9sgpiydt said:
seahawk12thman":9sgpiydt said:

Just so everybody knows, the person that wrote this article at CheatSheet.com has made changes on it since first publishing it. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is actually reading comments here. He first changed a sentence from basically saying the Hawks ST will be screwed now that they lost their punt and kick returner, Ricardo Lockette, to praising Tyler Lockett as maybe "the most dangerous return specialist in the game".

That said, I'm sorry, but anyone that reads this article and takes from it that it is a fair and knowledgeable article is either naive or just a .NET troll pretending to be a Hawks fan. It should be obvious to even casual Seahawk fans that this author knows NOTHING about the Seahawks. I will take it point by point and explain how everything in this article is incorrect, except the sentences in which the author keeps pointing out that he is unbiased (an obvious lie).

Paragraph 1- how does this year's team not resemble the team that began the 2014 season with a 3-3 record? Given the insanely difficult schedule early in 2015, it's not surprising that the Hawks are 4-4 at this point...and yet the Hawks still came very close to winning every game except perhaps the Packers game.

Paragraph 2- this was of course the paragraph that has since been corrected...the paragraph that claimed that the Hawks lost their punt and kick returner, Ricardo Lockette, for the remainder of the season.

Paragraph 3- not that this entire statement is incorrect, but it is misleading in the sense that the author mentions nothing about the fact that the winning teams in 3 of the Seahawks 4 losses have a combined record of 22-2. Instead, he blames it on Russell Wilson, the QB that is having his most productive season in all stats except scoring...of course, the scoring probably has a lot to do with the "new" O-Line.

Paragraph 4- again, this is misleading. Wilson is NOT currently earning an average of $21.9 million. The truth is that Wilson is currently making an average of $17.6 million. His 4-year extension has not even begun yet. If the author wants to say that Wilson is making $22 million per year, he needs to also then state that Wilson is only making $700,000 this year...or he could say that Wilson will be making an average of $17.6 million over the next 5 years.

Paragraph 5- comparatively speaking, is the investment in Wilson financially astronomical for a QB that took this team to the last 2 SB's? I say NO!

Paragraph 6- this is nothing but an attempt to be perceived as "the fair and unbiased journalist". We love Wilson, but, but, but, but.........

Paragraph 7- this paragraph is a ridiculous joke. It begins by saying that because Wilson threw his girlfriend a birthday party one night, he is obviously no longer committed to his football career...REALLY???? I can't even address this it's so moronic. And then, the Seahawks have completely disregarded their running game...REALLY??? What about the fact that, despite Lynch's injuries and missed games, and the poor state of run-blocking by the O-Line, the Seahawks are still currently averaging 139 yards/game, while the 2013 championship Seahawks averaged only 137 yards/game. And Graham is not a good fit in Seattle's offense...REALLY??? Can anyone explain to me why JG's numbers are almost identical to last year's numbers when targeted by Brees? And then to say that the reason Wilson was sacked 31 times in the first 7 games is because they traded away the "anchor" of the O-Line...REALLY??? How in the hell can a guy that missed 10 games last year be called the anchor of last season's O-Line, not to mention that Unger had the worst game of his career in SB49.

Paragraph 8- this is just wonderful...this guy can't have it both ways...how the hell can he say Wilson is one of the most overpaid players in the NFL when he's making all of $700,000 this year. NEWS FLASH- Rodgers, Brady, and Manning are not the only QB's that have made deep playoff runs in recent seasons. Just because Wilson doesn't throw as much as those other QB's, it's not fair to just ignore what Russell has cumulatively accomplished. Consider his clutch comebacks over the first 3 years...his run game has been phenomenal. Wilson even had more yards than Brady last year. And saying that Wilson hasn't been able to carry this team is incredulous. Guys like Brady and Manning have not been perfect their entire career either. Since when do QB's have to be perfect anyway? There are a lot of years where the HoF QB's don't win the SB!!! But now suddenly, the biggest mistake the Hawks FO is making is building this team around Wilson??? REALLY???

Quite frankly seahawk12thman, I'm almost embarrassed that a supposed Seahawk fan would call this article excellent. That evaluation makes us all look silly. And then to base any of Wilson's somewhat inconsistent performances on only Wilson, that's just sad. You honestly want to base this year's O-Line performance on one game because it's the only game since 2012 in which Russell wasn't sacked? REALLY? Does one game with zero sacks suddenly prove that the current O-Line is the best in the RW era? I'm sorry man, but you're either a troll pretending to be a Seahawks fan, or you simply know NOTHING about the Seahawks.

You didn't address any of my points.
How does this team not resemble the 3-3 team?

I don't know, maybe 4 games in which we won the turnover battle but still lost...

Here let me help you. Good teams don't lose 4th quarter leads regardless of opponents especially when winning the turnover battle regardless of the teams record. Our offense has been obliterated in the fourth quarter when all we needed were simple first downs. These were 3rd and 3 and 4. Not long distances. The o put Wilson up for success and he hasn't responded.

Latest posts