Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' rep of reporter

stizz19

Reaction score
seahawksny":37tnrx20 said:
Guy needs to just shut up already.
Brings a lot of negative heat to the team

If he doesn't think that referrees in upcoming games aren't gonna be trigger shy in throwing flags just because they have it in for him then he is smoking something.
so Sherman saying something about a local reporter is going to piss off the Refs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2yes731l said:
cymatica":2yes731l said:
HawkGANG":2yes731l said:
I hope Sherm becomes a gigantic prick again and everyone starts hating him but he just kills it on the field like in 2013. :2thumbs: that's the Sherm I want back. All trash talk, attitude, bravado and RESULTS.

That Sherman was great, but he would trash other players and get in their heads. Now he seems like an entitled brat. The complaining about Thursday games just makes him look ridiculous, bad image for the team too. This incident just made it worse. Then he justifies it by saying he is an nfl villain.

Great, I hope he is the NFL villain. I want that us against the world mentality going into the playoffs.
Maybe I'm a Jerkface McGee, but I have no problems with the Hawks being the team wearing "the black hats"! Hawks against the world!

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":6e2uhqv1 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":6e2uhqv1 said:
Sports Hernia":6e2uhqv1 said:
Hawkfish":6e2uhqv1 said:
NFL is entertainment and Richard Sherman is an entertainer. Stage, cinema, sports. It's really all the same.

Who wants Bill Belichek-type press conferences?

I love Richard Sherman's persona. Love the bravado and attitude. So what if he thinks he's better than everyone else? He's not a cancer in the locker room. He brings an edge to a football team that desperately needs it this year IMO.
BINGO, this is entertainment, not brain surgery.

Nobody wants Belicheck type press conferences.

I think all people are asking for is for Sherman not to have a temper tantrum at the OC on the sideline when he doesn't call the play Sherman wants... and to not act like Billy big bollocks to members of the press when they quiz him on said drama.
Moore wasn't quizing anyone, he was stating his own opinion as fact, and then asked
Sherm to respond to that. If Moore and or the OC cannot handle critical statements then maybe both need to find another line of work........ or be better at their jobs.[/qoute]

Sherm was the one who couldn't handle a legitimate critical question that he brought on himself. When has Bevell or Moore acted as if they didn't handle critical statements?

getnasty

Reaction score
gowazzu02":vqlc5xme said:
Man some people really blaming Moore for this? His question was valid, Sherman said he didn't do anything wrong and he'd do it again (paraphrasing) So Moore said Bevell was calling plays he thought would work, is Sherman more qualified of a play caller? (paraphrasing)

Hell I would of double down, So Sherm you harp on the superbowl loss again. Can you comment on the double score lead the defense gave up in the 4th? How about letting Brady go 13 for 13 on passes in the fourth? "Cause we had that experience"

Also you say rule number 1 is to protect the team, how is that accomplished by calling out the OC or other players in public?

Ive been a huge sherman defender over the years. But here he was just wrong, and a d@#$.

But again, it's ok for a guy to have an off day. he tweeted an apology later on.

Moore didn't really think he even deserved an apology but said he appreciates it.

It's over. Let's move on now.

Great post

StoneCold

Reaction score
What I find awesome is the press and the team are having a comedy festival over this. Moore's self deprecating shots at himself are pure gold. Willson on Danny, Dave and Moore was hilarious, especially for a guy that doesn't believe we went to the moon. And the other Wilson starting his presser with "Don't make me take y'all's credentials." Boom!

Seymour

Reaction score
stizz19":1drjah0d said:
so Sherman saying something about a local reporter is going to piss off the Refs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but Sherm talking down to everyone and coming off like he thinks he's god may pi$$ off multitudes of people which may very well include refs.
How can a ref even throw a flag when he doesn't understand the game since he's never played...as one example.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3krgccfq said:
Maybe I'm a Jerkface McGee, but I have no problems with the Hawks being the team wearing "the black hats"! Hawks against the world!

We're cool with against the world, how bout not against each other?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
StoneCold":c0n2d05v said:
What I find awesome is the press and the team are having a comedy festival over this. Moore's self deprecating shots at himself are pure gold. Willson on Danny, Dave and Moore was hilarious, especially for a guy that doesn't believe we went to the moon. And the other Wilson starting his presser with "Don't make me take y'all's credentials." Boom!

Makes some of the amateur psychology and fairly expert sanctimony on here even more absurd.

No one knows how the team will react to any of this until they do. It may rally the players. It may blow over. They may tell Sherman to shut up.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15nqc0be said:
Sports Hernia":15nqc0be said:

Disagreeing with a POV doesnt make one against another.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ijm1s8w said:
Sgt. Largent":1ijm1s8w said:
Sports Hernia":1ijm1s8w said:

Disagreeing with a POV doesnt make one against another.

Huh?

Yelling at your own teammates and coordinators is the textbook definition of "each other."

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3zwk3j2x said:
Screaming at your coaches is good for the team? Ok

Again, doesn't matter how the team responds?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Not sure how it's good for the team to have players calling out coaches. He needs to play ball and shut his pie hole about coaches. He's a player, not a coach. He has ZERO say so on the play calling of the offense.
He's one of 53, not the coach and not the most important player on the team. His level of self importance seems way too high this season. Let alone talking down to people, complaining about the refs or something else every single press conference. How about just talking about, oh I don't know.....football? :mrgreen:
I miss cocky on the field towards other players Sherm. Would love to see him take a few weeks away from doing the media sessions. Oh well, hell of a player and he usually backs up his talk. He is who he is and likely won't change.
I suspect he'll have a huge game on Saturday.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
It will blow over but until then, here's a good take from in this article by Art Thiel that includes a direct Bennett quote:

----

At least Bennett filled in for both when he offered a common-sense resolution that so far has escaped Sherman.
“I think you just have to (question coaches) in a respectful manner. We have to go out there, we make a mistake, and go back and apologize,” he said. “That’s a part of family, being able to have an argument, but be respectful enough to go back and realize that you made a mistake.
“It doesn’t make it a lot easier when everyone around the world keeps harping on it tries to make it to become a problem.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Like I said, agree to disagree.
I love the guy, don't have to agree w/how he's acting. It's just a game, we have no control over it.

Go Hawks

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":21faha0a said:
Y'all need to cut Richard Sherman a break.

Just imagine what we would have heard if "BesstMofe" spoke his mind :{)

#countyourblessings

I agree 100% LOL,
It's obvious that Moore and Sherman don't like each other, and it's also obvious that Moore was prodding him with a statement, and NOT a question, but it's ONLY Sherman that was being the dick?....I ain't buying Moore's line of shit, or lack of culpability either.
He had to have known that no good was to come of it, and he also knew that his bantering was going to piss Sherman off, and more than likely figured that he (Moore) would come through unscathed........You can bet that he wasted no time getting his ass back to his keyboard to rile up the Seahawks fan base......Some industrial size gonads eh?
Yeah, with Marshawn, it would be something like "Get yo M - - - - - - - - ing ass out my space, and go get a real job"

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jn6ok8t said:
I love the guy, don't have to agree w/how he's acting. It's just a game, we have no control over it.

Go Hawks

I agree with all this my man.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":f5t5i7dk said:
SoulfishHawk":f5t5i7dk said:
No doubt, he's going to have a damn good game on Saturday.

Unfortunately that is not what he needs IMO. He needs a major dose of humility. I'm hoping he falls flat onto his arrogant pouty face and single handedly loses us the 5th year scoring D title while still pulling off a W.

Somehow he needs to be brought down a notch, and it won't come from Pete.
:roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny thing is that I actually feel bad for being so frustrated with him. I've met a him a couple times at events, and he's one hell of a nice guy. And it's not like he's out there getting in trouble off the field etc.
Oh well, probably have talked enough about it at this point. On to more important stuff, Saturday and seeing Coach Arians freaking out as his team loses!

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1lwf5tn6 said:
SoulfishHawk":1lwf5tn6 said:

Go Hawks

I agree with all this my man.

I got misty and slightly aroused at the rarity of this type of sentiment on this forum lately.

Latest posts