Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' rep of reporter

StoneCold

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2g11jc9v said:
StoneCold":2g11jc9v said:
What you say could be applied to all press coverage. Do you think it's all garbage and none of it can be trusted, or worth reading?

For the most part, yeah. That's why I ignore most of it. Reading an article about Sherman yelling at a coach on the sidelines is a waste of time when I can just watch the video of it happening myself if I was actually interested in it. I don't need to hear some journalist's opinion and speculation on the matter.

Just look at what most media is these days...it's mostly them writing stories over things people have said. It's laughable. A politician said this, or a sports player said that...so let's write a story about what they said? Sorry, but the facts are just what the person said. Show me the video or audio tape where somebody said something, and I'll listen and make a judgment myself. There's nothing of substance that anyone can add by writing a story about it.

I understand your point, but would make a distinction between good reporting and bad reporting. Good reporting can provide an angle to a story that makes you think. We all have a point of view. A well written article can inform and perhaps change or broaden our point of view.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
erik2690":11hta28c said:
HawkGANG":11hta28c said:
I hope Sherm becomes a gigantic prick again and everyone starts hating him but he just kills it on the field like in 2013. :2thumbs: that's the Sherm I want back. All trash talk, attitude, bravado and RESULTS.

I'd love if this somehow works out smooth like you seem to be indicating, but this feels far different to me. This stuff almost feels more sullen and defeatist in some ways than antagonistic and braggadocios. Maybe I'm not articulating it well, but this feels different. This isn't 'try me, you'll lose' trash talk to opponents.

It's all fuel for the fire my man, when Sherman lets his emotions fly on and off the field is when he's at his best. It enlarges the chip on his shoulder and forces him to play at his absolute highest level. Additionally, what's more braggadocios than telling a reporter I have the power to get you fired?? Lol

Seymour

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":18tqtmll said:
Seymour":18tqtmll said:
LeftHandSmoke":18tqtmll said:
^ And when asked if he thinks any player should be trying to question calls during a game, Bevell answered a direct "No. No I dont."

That Cable had no clue about any of it suggests the private talks between PC and DB, with Sherm, were kept that way.

I'm not questioning any of that. I'm only questioning that Sherm apologized to Bevell according to you when nothing supports that statement.

In Sherms mind, no regrets, did nothing wrong, don't throw from the 1 and we'll be fine.
Listen to Bennett's presser today. When asked about Sherm's actions he sprinkled into his answer a lot about 'when someone does something wrong you should just let them apologize in their own way instead of trying to instigate unnecessary unhappiness.' Keyword: Wrong.

Yep, and Pete said what he did was wrong also. Once again, we all mostly agree on that. Everyone except Sherm that is.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I thought...that's all he said and this is news. I love the fact that people love to throw stones while living in a glass house. I can certainly say that I've said somethings when I was pissed to people that after the fact I thought was a pretty boneheaded thing to say. But really, Sherman said he's get the guys press pass taken away, oh no not that. Come on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A matter of opinion I guess. But he's angry and whining about something every press conference. Usually has some good points, but lately he's just talking down to people and creating drama.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Man some people really blaming Moore for this? His question was valid, Sherman said he didn't do anything wrong and he'd do it again (paraphrasing) So Moore said Bevell was calling plays he thought would work, is Sherman more qualified of a play caller? (paraphrasing)

Hell I would of double down, So Sherm you harp on the superbowl loss again. Can you comment on the double score lead the defense gave up in the 4th? How about letting Brady go 13 for 13 on passes in the fourth? "Cause we had that experience"

Also you say rule number 1 is to protect the team, how is that accomplished by calling out the OC or other players in public?

Ive been a huge sherman defender over the years. But here he was just wrong, and a d@#$.

But again, it's ok for a guy to have an off day. he tweeted an apology later on.

Moore didn't really think he even deserved an apology but said he appreciates it.

It's over. Let's move on now.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Schadie001":23eif0j8 said:
I thought...that's all he said and this is news. I love the fact that people love to throw stones while living in a glass house. I can certainly say that I've said somethings when I was pissed to people that after the fact I thought was a pretty boneheaded thing to say. But really, Sherman said he's get the guys press pass taken away, oh no not that. Come on.

I couldn't agree more. In the end, it's just words being spoken. Creating vibrations with your voice box is not newsworthy. "Did you guys hear about what Sherman had to say about what he might have said to somebody?" I mean, seriously? That's news? Not to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
As much as Moore tries he cannot be Mitch in the Morning, Mitch is a obnoxious person as well, but he does a lot of his homework and does a great interview.

Sealake80

Reaction score
He's just a dude. I like him and think he has been... and will continue to be good for the team. People should stop trying to make the players these perfect role models. They are football players. They run around smashing eachother for our entertainment. Wow. Sherm is one of the greats. What else is there?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Do you think it's cool for him to call out the offense during the game? Or to freak out and have to have his entire defense calm him down? Just curious. He is a good dude, but there are certainly things that he flat out has control over, and seems to have a very hard time admitting he's wrong. At least without a meeting in Pete's office.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
My only consideration here is to derail this just a bit....I hope Rocket is doing well. Not seen him on the board in a while.

Sherman can do what he feels is right. But remember that the coaches are his boss. He is not theirs.

I am off to see the wizard..the wonderful wizard of oz.....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3d6uboav said:
NFL is entertainment and Richard Sherman is an entertainer. Stage, cinema, sports. It's really all the same.

Who wants Bill Belichek-type press conferences?

I love Richard Sherman's persona. Love the bravado and attitude. So what if he thinks he's better than everyone else? He's not a cancer in the locker room. He brings an edge to a football team that desperately needs it this year IMO.
BINGO, this is entertainment, not brain surgery.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cymatica":14dmjc7w said:
kobebryant":14dmjc7w said:
I'm not a fan of Jim Moore, so I'm glad one of the athletes stood up to his BS.

He's been condescending towards, and developed hostility with Marshawn Lynch, Gary Payton, and Doug Baldwin before Sherm... guys who a lot of people like and are able to carry good relationships with.

Heck, during the same presser today, compare the way Danny O'neil was able to ask questions without being condescending or looking for a reaction.

The locker room as whole is probably pretty pissed with Moore for laughing at an unconscious Jon Ryan; so they're not interested in his BS anymore and are sticking up for each other.

From Ryan's Fiance (wife?), this would not go over well with the players:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sarahcolonna/status/811435937326469120[/tweet]

He comes across as a guy that should be on East Coast radio and probably wants the nickname Mad Dog in the Morning or something. That show would be better without him; Danny has the insight from his cordial relationships with the players, and Wyman brings the football knowledge of a former player, I'm not sure that Moore brings anything aside from being a grumpy curmudgeon.

Anyone who wanted a pic or laughed at it of Ryan losing the fumble is guilty too. Tell me the funny look on his face didn't cross your mind when you saw the replay in slow mo. Of course no one wanted him to be hurt, but it was funny at the same time when you see him butterfinger it.
LOL, Sarah Colonna giving Moore the red ass, love the spunk!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":31s986v7 said:
Hawkfish":31s986v7 said:
NFL is entertainment and Richard Sherman is an entertainer. Stage, cinema, sports. It's really all the same.

I love Richard Sherman's persona. Love the bravado and attitude. So what if he thinks he's better than everyone else? He's not a cancer in the locker room. He brings an edge to a football team that desperately needs it this year IMO.

Nobody wants Belicheck type press conferences.

I think all people are asking for is for Sherman not to have a temper tantrum at the OC on the sideline when he doesn't call the play Sherman wants... and to not act like Billy big bollocks to members of the press when they quiz him on said drama.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":29eofjla said:
Sports Hernia":29eofjla said:
Hawkfish":29eofjla said:

I think all people are asking for is for Sherman not to have a temper tantrum at the OC on the sideline when he doesn't call the play Sherman wants... and to not act like Billy big bollocks to members of the press when they quiz him on said drama.
Moore wasn't quizing anyone, he was stating his own opinion as fact, and then asked
Sherm to respond to that. If Moore and or the OC cannot handle critical statements then maybe both need to find another line of work........ or be better at their jobs.

As for Billycheat press conferences, it's not the coaches or players responsibility to do the reporters jobs for them.
Remember how mad the "press" was at Lynch for not speaking to them, and now they are mad when one of their own gets called out for being a D-bag. Seems like the reporters/press need to grow a thicker skin if they want to wade into the deeper end of the pool.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ldhcb0k said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1ldhcb0k said:
Sports Hernia":1ldhcb0k said:
Hawkfish":1ldhcb0k said:

Moore wasn't quizing anyone, he was stating his own opinion as fact, and then asked
Sherm to respond to that. If Moore and or the OC cannot handle critical statements then maybe both need to find another line of work........ or be better at their jobs.

As for Billycheat press conferences, it's not the coaches or players responsibility to do the reporters jobs for them.
Remember how mad the "press" was at Lynch for not speaking to them, and now they are mad when one of their own gets called out for being a D-bag. Seems like the reporters/press need to grow a thicker skin if they want to wade into the deeper end of the pool.

Someone just nailed it. Great post, Sports Hernia.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
cymatica":2kpypiit said:
HawkGANG":2kpypiit said:
I hope Sherm becomes a gigantic prick again and everyone starts hating him but he just kills it on the field like in 2013. :2thumbs: that's the Sherm I want back. All trash talk, attitude, bravado and RESULTS.

That Sherman was great, but he would trash other players and get in their heads. Now he seems like an entitled brat. The complaining about Thursday games just makes him look ridiculous, bad image for the team too. This incident just made it worse. Then he justifies it by saying he is an nfl villain.

Great, I hope he is the NFL villain. I want that us against the world mentality going into the playoffs.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jim Moore is a stupid assclown . That said Sherm should stay in his lane that's the defensive side of the ball and it's a bad form to lose your cool .

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2bp9zf3h said:
cymatica":2bp9zf3h said:
HawkGANG":2bp9zf3h said:

That Sherman was great, but he would trash other players and get in their heads. Now he seems like an entitled brat. The complaining about Thursday games just makes him look ridiculous, bad image for the team too. This incident just made it worse. Then he justifies it by saying he is an nfl villain.

Great, I hope he is the NFL villain. I want that us against the world mentality going into the playoffs.
Maybe I'm a Jerkface McGee, but I have no problems with the Hawks being the team wearing "the black hats"! Hawks against the world!

Latest posts