Richard Sherman Twitter beef with LeGarrette Blount

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The important thing to understand here is that people are different and everyones sensitivity levels are different. Sherman thrives on talk and doesn't view it himself as being disrespectful. I used to have a small issue with what he did but I don't anymore, lots of great players are the same way, it's not like he's the first one to ever do this.

See you soon Steve Smith.

razor150

Reaction score
scutterhawk":16pmlpbp said:
razor150":16pmlpbp said:
DavidSeven":16pmlpbp said:
razor150":16pmlpbp said:
Really wish Sherman would quit doing that. Even if he is right he really doesn't need to argue with people who don't believe he is the best. It is silly and a waste of time.

That's funny...you're currently posting on a forum where the main idea is to argue that our players are better than the other team's players.

Is that really the purpose of this forum? Outside of the LOB you would have a hard time making any such arguement. Though I may be mistaken but I thought this forum was about talking about the team and learning more about it. I didn't think it was about cheering on someone when their sensitivity when it comes to respect borders on the insane. Even if it is that doesn't mean I have to change my opinions to be inline with every ones else's.
Nah, you have a perfect right to snivel at anyone, and at anytime you desire.

Sniveling? Interesting description but then I guess you just to prefer to act like an ass if someone doesn't hold the same opinion as you.

razor150

Reaction score
Escamillo":15q5ivie said:
I see there are still Seahawks fans that want the Seahawks to be soft and cuddly and do milk commercials like back in the day with Zorn and Largent. lol

What a leap of logic there. How you go from wishing Sherman would quit getting in verbal spats with players over Twitter and through the media to people wanting our team to be a bunch a sniveling wimps is truly astounding. Getting in verbal spats has never made any person or any team tough. I love Sherman for what he brings to the field, but he constant demand to be acknowledged as the best corner in football by everyone and his arguing with those who disagree is something I personally can do without. That is just my opinion about his antics off the field and has nothing to do with how he or the team plays the game.

And before you make another astounding leap of logic, like many on this board like to do, it also doesn't mean I yearn for the days of Russell where midgets with great character is prized above all else.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
razor150":1nqlpkeq said:
Escamillo":1nqlpkeq said:
I see there are still Seahawks fans that want the Seahawks to be soft and cuddly and do milk commercials like back in the day with Zorn and Largent. lol

What a leap of logic there. How you go from wishing Sherman would quit getting in verbal spats with players over Twitter and through the media to people wanting our team to be a bunch a sniveling wimps is truly astounding. Getting in verbal spats has never made any person or any team tough. I love Sherman for what he brings to the field, but he constant demand to be acknowledged as the best corner in football by everyone and his arguing with those who disagree is something I personally can do without. That is just my opinion about his antics off the field and has nothing to do with how he or the team plays the game.

And before you make another astounding leap of logic, like many on this board like to do, it also doesn't mean I yearn for the days of Russell where midgets with great character is prized above all else.
You said this whole thing is "a waste of time". So why are you even talking about it?

theascension

Reaction score
He has a persona just like every celebrity or sports athlete either accidentally or intentionally inhabits. Those who accidentally come into a persona are often exploited by their honesty or lack of intensity. RW has a persona, it's that of a robot - exactly what you want at quarterback. Sherman has a persona, getting into the minds of other players he wants to intimidate - exactly what you want from a defensive player. He does it day in day out through his alternative ego on twitter. His off the field work and personality show his true character, anyone who's met the guy will attest.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
1392574051275.gif

Nice.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Oh and this...

Garybday

Tumblr lfavmuKo5A1qzc69yo1 500

My favorite player of any sport growing up. Master of mind games, and backing it up. I hope Sherm stays in Seattle for a long time...it's been awhile since Seattle has had a charismatic superstar that is recognized across the entire country. He's brilliant.

plyka

Reaction score
razor150":2oivi7mp said:
Really wish Sherman would quit doing that. Even if he is right he really doesn't need to argue with people who don't believe he is the best. It is silly and a waste of time.

I don't get this. Why don't you allow sherm to decide what is a good way to spend his own time?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
plyka":2jofbmb5 said:
razor150":2jofbmb5 said:

I don't get this. Why don't you allow sherm to decide what is a good way to spend his own time?
Because he's Tim Ruskell.

Brahn

Reaction score
"Momma always told me that little boys who ease drop should be prepared to hear the truth, and it is usually devastating."

If you cannot handle the conversation get your eyes off of reading it. How dare people communicate in a way you Holier then Thou types deem unacceptable.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hall may not have much to talk about, but I am sure Sherman winced at the "Look at my Bank account" tweet. It was cool to see Darrell Green step in and ask both of them to cool it. It is interesting entertainment for the common fans or the talking heads across the country, but it isn't going to change either's opinion. What it does allow is for fans in general and of each player to take their shots at a personality.

It's like a school yard fight with backers from both sides standing on the sidelines selling wolf tickets, with no chance of getting their own nose bloodied.

On the Blount thing, Blount was just being supportive of his former team-mate getting paid by the Broncos. If he wants to say Talib is the #1 CB in the league, it is all hyperbole anyway. Sherman didn't want the tweet to go unchallenged since it is about street cred at this point. He cannot back down, so he will have to answer these type of things for the rest of his career.

I guess twitter beefs are like the new gun fights of the old Wild West.

lsheldon

Reaction score
There's a poll on ESPN's NFL page running now asking who the best corner in the NFL is. Sherman is leading at 50%, Revis has 23% with most of his votes coming from the extreme NE (everyone else on the planet is picking Sherman), and someone else has 27%. (EDIT: Colorado is picking someone else, lol).

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollRes ... Id=4230559

Mindsink

Reaction score
drdiags":3mln28dg said:
Hall may not have much to talk about, but I am sure Sherman winced at the "Look at my Bank account" tweet.

That would've been the perfect opportunity to come back with a comment about his estranged wife and 6 kids. "You need that bank to pay all that child support".

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Not to mention Sherman will soon be one of the if not the top paid CB

Mindsink

Reaction score
"Best corner in the game" is such a stupid argument anyway. I've never seen you win an award for being the best corner in the game (however that is measured). This is a team game. I'd rather be the 5th best corner in the game with a Super Bowl ring any day. DeAngelo Hall won't have a ring, and won't be in the HoF. Sherman has a ring, and still has an opportunity to be in the HoF.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This is getting so old. Sherman really should be in the WWE. I thought he said a wolf doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep? And yet, he attacks weak and helpless morons every chance he gets.

He keeps beating the interception thing to death, too. C'mon sherm. Ints are not everything.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":19cmloq2 said:
This is getting so old. Sherman really should be in the WWE. I thought he said a wolf doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep? And yet, he attacks weak and helpless morons every chance he gets.

He keeps beating the interception thing to death, too. C'mon sherm. Ints are not everything.
Ints+targets=everything