Richard Sherman

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Jville":ylwinjz5 said:
mistaowen":ylwinjz5 said:
Jville":ylwinjz5 said:
It isn't just Sherman. A number of defenders are losing focus and composure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/912103911351349248[/tweet]

I recall this bickering distraction by defensive personnel from last year. Such behavior is not characterized as a leadership trait. Could it be at the root of greater defensive inconsistency? I tend to suspect so.

I generally enjoyed your posts. Defense does not have any reason for criticism, yearly they deal with an offense that puts them in the game 70% of the time. They've collectively been a part of the number 1 defense for every year but 2016.

If only they could generate offense in the first half, not another game with 0 points into halftime with a lucky drive. They have set a negative TD record for TDs in first quarter.

They refocused last year. I expect them to refocus again this year. Kam Chancellor seems to be the leader that enforces focus and communication. I'm not all that concerned about it. Chancellor has a nice leadership track record.

Except that one year when he went insane and lost all connection to common sense and logic.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I was relieved he didn't get tossed, cant imagine how much pent up frustration led to that but I hope he can refocus that to future opponents.
As for the late hit it was a split second from being the same hit he put on Goff last year that everyone loved. And I didn't see Sherm back down one inch when Lewan got in his face. In no time or space has Sherm looked like a scared girl on the field, you are ridiculous.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":p4boijhy said:
nIdahoSeahawk":p4boijhy said:
What's everyone's take on everything that went on with Sherm today?

What's yours? For the record on my part...I'm done with the NFL. I could go fishing and buy bait from a local fishmonger and receive more gratitude and get more enjoyment out of it. Which is what I'm going to do. I'm over it and done with this bullshit.

Nobody cares

Foghawk

Reaction score
From a sportsmanship standpoint, I thought the Ref should have tossed Sherm out when he chased him down the field arguing with him. Not sure what the rule is on that though, but it was a bad look for Sherm and the team.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1gfqeur1 said:
I was relieved he didn't get tossed, cant imagine how much pent up frustration led to that but I hope he can refocus that to future opponents.
As for the late hit it was a split second from being the same hit he put on Goff last year that everyone loved. And I didn't see Sherm back down one inch when Lewan got in his face. In no time or space has Sherm looked like a scared girl on the field, you are ridiculous.

I don't like the Goff analogy because Goff was alone and nearing the pylon, whereas mariota was already clearly being cornered out of bounds by another defender when Sherman loaded up (and obviously not thinking td like goff was). It was just an unnecessary play by Sherman that should have just went 100% against us. But i agree that Sherman didn't appear scared of the trash talk. I just wish he'd learn how to defend deep comebacks that have been his Achilles heel ever since when. It's not a hawks game till we give up a 3rd and 12.

The Hammer

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3o2szedg said:
He's lucky he didn't get tossed from the game.

I love his passion, and he plays better angry, but his antics today were a bit out of line. He gets tunnel vision when he feels slighted.

How was he not tossed for that?

Foghawk

Reaction score
The Hammer":rmexugz5 said:
Jerhawk":rmexugz5 said:
He's lucky he didn't get tossed from the game.

I love his passion, and he plays better angry, but his antics today were a bit out of line. He gets tunnel vision when he feels slighted.

How was he not tossed for that?

I was surprised he wasn't, and think he should've been thrown out.

The behavior of Sherm was unacceptable and needs to be addressed. If Pete does not Condemn this type of Poor Sportsmanship he is Condoning it!

:les:

Foghawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2xrgdtv5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/912169498077040640[/tweet]

I seem to recall Kam calling out some similar issues after the Falcons playoff game last season.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":293az25z said:
You'd think Sherm would know to leave those O-Line guys alone.

They are generally mild-mannered - until they're not...

[youtube]Wl4ViIwy7KA[/youtube]
This clown punched Sherman in the face? How is this not a huge issue?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The Hammer":szx200j9 said:
[youtube]9-oOvXJRXd0[/youtube]

Like I said - that was on BIG dude in Sherm's face - and rightfully show.

Sherm did a cheap shot - helmet to helmet no less.

Not cool.

Lewan would snap him like a chicken bone.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Guess I'm in the minority but I was semi okay with it. He went too far but at least he was engaged, he saw his chance to take a shot and he took it. He needs to reign it in and find that edge without going over it but give me a player who cares vs the lackluster efforts out of some of the guys out there. Kams great for the big soundbite but when was the last time he layed a big hit, they made him look slow old and useless out there today and hes been pretty invisible all season thus far, well minus the int not to be. Bennett, there isn't a mic he doesn't like but how about finding a qb once in a while.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jville":191qxcdo said:
It isn't just Sherman. A number of defenders are losing focus and composure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/912103911351349248[/tweet]

I recall this bickering distraction by defensive personnel from last year. Such behavior is not characterized as a leadership trait. Could it be at the root of greater defensive inconsistency? I tend to suspect so.

What were they bickering about today?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Sherman's behavior is emblematic of a team in which the lunatics are running the asylum. Pete's voice is simply ignored at this point.

Wish Lewan would have decked Sherman. He deserved it, and then he could be sure he's not as tough as he thinks he is.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I was okay with it. These refs are morons at times, and the call was piss poor. Sometimes it seems to me that certain teams and players get picked on for calls. Maybe for their loud mouth, political opinions, whatever idk. But that pass interferencecall was a load of garbage and made a difference in scoring early in the game

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":1a6gsgcn said:
he looked like a scared girl when a player that plays with REAL toughness got in his face. I laughed

Oh, please, let us hear your definition of REAL toughness.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
I'd theorize that it is hard to be accountable to leadership when leadership continues to flounder and not be held accountable for their many mistakes i.e. Bevell and Cable still having jobs responsible for an anemic offense outside of garbage time and soft zone.

endzorn

Reaction score
It was fun explaining to my kids why their favorite player was throwing a fit and landing cheap shots. Stay classy, Richard.