Rodgers now the NFL MVP Leader

xray

Reaction score
Wilson should of won MVP several times but he has had a HC that seems clueless as to how to utilize his talents . I would take " Russ ball " over " Pete ball " any day ; but that's not going to happen . IMO

Uncle Si

Reaction score
xray":11nhxxc0 said:
Wilson should of won MVP several times but he has had a HC that seems clueless as to how to utilize his talents . I would take " Russ ball " over " Pete ball " any day ; but that's not going to happen . IMO

Do you not have enough threads in the main forum to continue making this point?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":261rtua2 said:
Wilson leads the league in TD passes, Rating, TD%, and Int%. But yeah, Rodgers is the MVP :roll:

MVP is about stats for sure, but it's also about the success of the team they play for.

So like I said in week two when the rumblings of Russell being in the lead for MVP, his winning or losing will be dependent on our success this year. If Russell leads us to a 13-3 record and winning the NFC West? Then yes, Russell will probably win the MVP.

If we go 10-6 again and Russell plays well, but not well enough to challenge guys like Rodgers that are going to have that great record AS WELL? Then no, he's not going to win again.

I know we all like to project some sort of bias or conspiracy theory to these things, but it's as much about the team's success as it is the player's success when it comes to popularity contests like MVP, coach of the year, etc.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2z3nzv0f said:
xray":2z3nzv0f said:

No that would be John?

xray

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1n4ckw3z said:
xray":1n4ckw3z said:

I hope Pete Carroll remains the HC of the Seahawks until he's 80 . :D

Maulbert

Reaction score
xray":1boq6zwu said:
Uncle Si":1boq6zwu said:
xray":1boq6zwu said:

I hope Pete Carroll remains the HC of the Seahawks until he's 80 . :D

Show one place where ANYONE has said that. One.

I friggin' HATE kneejerk reactionaries.

OP
OP
PackerNation

PackerNation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ykn7otnm said:
Maulbert":ykn7otnm said:
Wilson leads the league in TD passes, Rating, TD%, and Int%. But yeah, Rodgers is the MVP :roll:

MVP is about stats for sure, but it's also about the success of the team they play for.

So like I said in week two when the rumblings of Russell being in the lead for MVP, his winning or losing will be dependent on our success this year. If Russell leads us to a 13-3 record and winning the NFC West? Then yes, Russell will probably win the MVP.

If we go 10-6 again and Russell plays well, but not well enough to challenge guys like Rodgers that are going to have that great record AS WELL? Then no, he's not going to win again.

I know we all like to project some sort of bias or conspiracy theory to these things, but it's as much about the team's success as it is the player's success when it comes to popularity contests like MVP, coach of the year, etc.

You would think so, but look at 2009 when they awarded it to Payton Manning and he was far behind Brees, Favre and even Rodgers stat wise. They gave it to Manning purely on record and "feel good".

I think top dogs in the race are easily Rodgers or Wilson at this point. Not only for stats but if you remove these players from their respective teams, the teams are significantly worse. Wilson has been your best player for a long time now and was a huge reason you won the SB and got there again the following year. He is also the reason you are 6-2 right now and trending upwards. Rare combination of arm strength and feet that drive defenses crazy.

Rodgers is currently calling a lot of his own plays and running the critical 2 min. offense with some great success. So far, I think Rodgers has a bit of an edge given the last few weeks but if either QB wins it, I'll be happy. I have a huge respect for Wilson, especially for all he does for WI (Badgerland) in the off-season. He makes watching football fun. So does Rodgers, especially if you are a Packer fan.

OP
OP
PackerNation

PackerNation

Reaction score
rlkats":qpwfgzdu said:
PackerNation":qpwfgzdu said:
What a performance on Sunday Night following his perfect performance against the Raiders.

Rodgers now leads the NFL for the MVP award for this season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1188663568713048066[/tweet]

Shaping up to be a 3 team race between the 49ers, the Seahawks and the Packers for supremacy in the NFC. Should be a great finish to the season. Good luck!

Saints are pretty good, no?

They are, good point.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
hgwellz12":cu36kjwj said:
Why do we keep getting these bum ass fans from other teams running straight to our house with the bull $h!t?
Why’d you wait until October of 2012 to join the most popular Seahawks forum? Seems suspiciously like this wasn’t “your house” until Russell Wilson, the Legion of Boom and those sleek unifirms showed up.

I say that to say this: the 2012th Man is the reason “bum ass fans from other teams” run straight to “your” house, which “you” moved into in 2012.

No disrespect to Seahawk fans who knew who Steve Largent was before 2012.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2y38g6gu said:
hgwellz12":2y38g6gu said:
Why do we keep getting these bum ass fans from other teams running straight to our house with the bull $h!t?
Why’d you wait until October of 2012 to join the most popular Seahawks forum? Seems suspiciously like this wasn’t “your house” until Russell Wilson, the Legion of Boom and those sleek unifirms showed up.

I say that to say this: the 2012th Man is the reason “bum ass fans from other teams” run straight to “your” house, which “you” moved into in 2012.

You can't go by join date, this site originally started in 1998, it has moved servers and been upgraded and renamed several times, those of us here since the beginning or very near know who is who, not to mention some people had to change their Handle as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Someone give PackerNation some more Hershey's Syrup ASAP before he runs out from drizzling it all over Rodgers' "hot dog".

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
5_Golden_Rings":916u5qb7 said:
hgwellz12":916u5qb7 said:

Maaaaaan, if you don't gitcho dusty ass on somewhere with yo bullshyt! I wasn't even aware of this place until that exact date and it had everything to do with a Google search for your maggot ass team and fanbase's dream shatterer, Richard Sherman, if you must know.

I have grandkids, doggy. Been a Seahawks fan since I moved here from Dallas when I was 4. I have been an active member of exactly ONE message board before this one, and that one was centered around thick black women from the upper east coast, rap/hiphop, and politics.

Anyway, take your 5 dusty rings & go play badminton in rush hour traffic.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
On another note, do us Hawk fans actually go to other team message boards to jackoff and slob on players from OUR team like these clowns?
Is that a normal thing?
I wouldn't know because I barely have time to post here. The LAST thing I would do is go to a flamebroiled Whiner or Packer forum to discuss the SEAHAWKS. That just REEKS of a bored mfer lookin for love in all the wrong places.
But maybe that's just me. :|

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3dugtijd said:
5_Golden_Rings":3dugtijd said:
hgwellz12":3dugtijd said:

Maaaaaan, if you don't gitcho dusty ass on somewhere with yo bullshyt! I wasn't even aware of this place until that exact date and it had everything to do with a Google search for your maggot ass team and fanbase's dream shatterer, Richard Sherman, if you must know.

I have grandkids, doggy. Been a Seahawks fan since I moved here from Dallas when I was 4. I have been an active member of exactly ONE message board before this one, and that one was centered around thick black women from the upper east coast, rap/hiphop, and politics.

If it was up to me all rival trolls would be banished. It’s not my sandbox though.
I’m not saying rival fans, rival trolls, and they are well aware of who they are.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hgwellz12":32mu32wy said:
On another note, do us Hawk fans actually go to other team message boards to jackoff and slob on players from OUR team like these clowns?
Is that a normal thing?
I wouldn't know because I barely have time to post here. The LAST thing I would do is go to a flamebroiled Whiner or Packer forum to discuss the SEAHAWKS. That just REEKS of a bored mfer lookin for love in all the wrong places.
But maybe that's just me. :|
I’d hope not but I’m sure it does happen.
I’d hope they’d ban the Hawks trolls on those said forums if it happens.
Trolling an opponent’s message board is so 7th grade.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2y4byax1 said:
hgwellz12":2y4byax1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2y4byax1 said:
hgwellz12":2y4byax1 said:

If it was up to me all rival trolls would be banished. It’s not my sandbox though.
I’m not saying rival fans, rival trolls, and they are well aware of who they are.

I just don't get the appeal of frequenting or even visiting another team's message board. I don't really care what other teams' fans are saying about their team or my team and I know they don't want to hear what I have to say about my team or what I think about their team. It's very hard to do any of that without sounding like a troll, whether you are trolling or not. That's just my opinion though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Going to another team's forum? Never have, never will. What a waste of energy.
Only one team matters, Go Hawks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PackerNation":2vrix3v2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2vrix3v2 said:
Maulbert":2vrix3v2 said:

You would think so, but look at 2009 when they awarded it to Payton Manning and he was far behind Brees, Favre and even Rodgers stat wise. They gave it to Manning purely on record and "feel good".

I think top dogs in the race are easily Rodgers or Wilson at this point. Not only for stats but if you remove these players from their respective teams, the teams are significantly worse. Wilson has been your best player for a long time now and was a huge reason you won the SB and got there again the following year. He is also the reason you are 6-2 right now and trending upwards. Rare combination of arm strength and feet that drive defenses crazy.

Rodgers is currently calling a lot of his own plays and running the critical 2 min. offense with some great success. So far, I think Rodgers has a bit of an edge given the last few weeks but if either QB wins it, I'll be happy. I have a huge respect for Wilson, especially for all he does for WI (Badgerland) in the off-season. He makes watching football fun. So does Rodgers, especially if you are a Packer fan.

Did you even read the rest of my post? The 2009 Colts went 14-2 and went to the SB. THAT'S my point.

When's the last time an MVP didn't even win his own division. If Russell, or Rodgers for that matter win the MVP they have to have great stats, win their division with a great record.

So you guys can have all the pissing matches you want comparing player stats, but it ain't gonna mean a damn thing winning the MVP if Russell or Rodgers don't even win their own division.