Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest "expert" EVER

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Marvin49":2nij2225 said:
The day after everyone had cleared out their lockers and left the building, Kaps was the first car in the parking lot.

Probably forgot his beats.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":98xtbrzz said:
Marvin49":98xtbrzz said:
The day after everyone had cleared out their lockers and left the building, Kaps was the first car in the parking lot.

Probably forgot his beats.

LOL.

I give you points for humor. :D

jlwaters1

Reaction score
ivotuk":2rpm710a said:
Willie McGinest: "Newsflash! Russell Wilson is good from inside the pocket too!" :mrgreen:

Willie McGinest is quickly becoming one of my favorite commentators. He seems to be very reasonable and fair with his educated opinions. Plus he speaks well, so I think he's doing a great job.

aawolf

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1utfh5tm said:
On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.
Totally crap...I had to stop listening to Mike and Mike with their lazy analysis. They don't realize the dude is on pace to becoming the greatest QB of all time. Second all time in TD passes thrown if his first two years. First in Total Games won his first two years. Best QB rating in his first two years over 100. He doesn't throw a lot only because he doesn't need to and he shouldn't. He makes huge plays when he has to. He's not going to have the gaudy stats because he knows when to take risks and when not to. He's like the Gambler in the Kenny Rodger's song--knows when to hold em', knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away, and knows when to run. He doesn't make the stupid mistakes that could cost the team the game. But, he's not "limited" in any way. I'm so sick of him not getting the props he deserves as a Super Bowl QB. He's statistically better than Luck in every single stat except total yards (more TDs, less INTs, better completion percentage, better YPT, better QB rating). How can Russell not be considered great by anyone who bothers looking at his numbers?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
aawolf":1ku49kwr said:
HawkRiderFan":1ku49kwr said:
On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.
Totally crap...I had to stop listening to Mike and Mike with their lazy analysis. They don't realize the dude is on pace to becoming the greatest QB of all time. Second all time in TD passes thrown if his first two years. First in Total Games won his first two years. Best QB rating in his first two years over 100. He doesn't throw a lot only because he doesn't need to and he shouldn't. He makes huge plays when he has to. He's not going to have the gaudy stats because he knows when to take risks and when not to. He's like the Gambler in the Kenny Rodger's song--knows when to hold em', knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away, and knows when to run. He doesn't make the stupid mistakes that could cost the team the game. But, he's not "limited" in any way. I'm so sick of him not getting the props he deserves as a Super Bowl QB. He's statistically better than Luck in every single stat except total yards (more TDs, less INTs, better completion percentage, better YPT, better QB rating). How can Russell not be considered great by anyone who bothers looking at his numbers?

Totally agree, yet for sports writers they seem obsessed with PASSING YARDS, as if that is what defines a great QB. So far Wilson is the most "efficient QB" among the young QB's. Wilson has still never lost by more than a TD. yet you have "experts" who are predicting a double digit win for Manning and the Broncos. Early on NFL network Michael Irvin said that if Seattle started the Super Bowl like they did against SF (fumble on first drive) that the game would be over, nevermind that Seattle was able to come back on a MUCH better defense in SF than Denver. The game can't get here soon enough.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Brock (on KIRO) was talking to Ditka today who was saying what a phenomenal QB Wilson is. Brock told Ditka he should go talk to Jaworski and Ditka's reply was (Paraphrasing here) "why should I talk to him he doesn't know anything" :lol:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
aawolf":2pazu59l said:
HawkRiderFan":2pazu59l said:

Just to be fair. it was Jaworski saying that stuff on the Mike and Mike show. But yeah they have said the same things about Wilson too.

CANHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":31v6r6m7 said:
Brock (on KIRO) was talking to Ditka today who was saying what a phenomenal QB Wilson is. Brock told Ditka he should go talk to Jaworski and Ditka's reply was (Paraphrasing here) "why should I talk to him he doesn't know anything" :lol:
WIN! Such a great quote. Ditka doesn't know shit either, but he's kinda loveable somehow now that he's an old man.

jlwaters1":31v6r6m7 said:
aawolf":31v6r6m7 said:
HawkRiderFan":31v6r6m7 said:

Totally agree, yet for sports writers they seem obsessed with PASSING YARDS, as if that is what defines a great QB. So far Wilson is the most "efficient QB" among the young QB's. Wilson has still never lost by more than a TD. yet you have "experts" who are predicting a double digit win for Manning and the Broncos. Early on NFL network Michael Irvin said that if Seattle started the Super Bowl like they did against SF (fumble on first drive) that the game would be over, nevermind that Seattle was able to come back on a MUCH better defense in SF than Denver. The game can't get here soon enough.

THIS is because Fantasy Football is making people stoooopid. In Fantasy, you actually get POINTS for passing yards, so stupid people think that throwing for a bunch of passing yards in a nactual GAME somehow makes you win. SCORING ACTUAL POINTS makes you win.

maroons!

Largent80

Reaction score
Jaworskis big mouth and ultra biased opinions are not even listened to in my house, and there is an ever growing list every 5 minutes. Which is why I would rather listen to KIRO radio online than watch tv.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jaworski will never acknowledge that Russell is a top-5 QB.

The reason being... Russell does not play the game like Jaworski did.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2922ltpc said:
He never fails to be so completely clueless its astounding. How did this guy actaully play QB? How does he actually draw a paycheck?
WTF is a "random quarterback"? Why doesn't anyone ever challenge this doofus? This guy makes Trent Dilfer look like Stephen Hawking.
IMHO he invalidated any future opinions when he said that "captain one read and run" was going to be one of the best of all time. After that the rest is just verbal diarrhea.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kidhawk":2i8gkycp said:
Yeah it was something about how Jaws had no common sense. I literally laughed out loud when he said it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.
"Peyton is going to be patient, and that's going to beat the seattle defense"
yeah, patiently waiting for the pass rush to swarm him
If he beats us it's not by patience, it's by getting the ball out quickly

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russell would rather hear those guys doubt him than praise him. I hope they keep it up.

amill87

Reaction score
davidonmi":12iacqqy said:

Yeah I'm not even sure what that means.

When Wilson buys time and holds the ball for a receiver to get open, he's random

So Manning needs to hold the ball and wait for a receiver to get open and he will be patient?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
davidonmi":218j11lt said:
I highly doubt they meant patient as in Peyton would sit back in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open. I'm sure what they meant by patient is he will get the ball out quickly to whomever is open and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force the issue. He is very good at this and I imagine he will get some completions and first downs this way. hopefully we hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns though. I think this defense is up to the challenge.

CANHawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":uj096kdx said:

That's been one of my biggest points for the last week and a half. Peyton avoids sacks by getting the ball out quickly, which is great. Peyton is able the get the ball out quickly because Denver runs a timing based offense that requires their recievers to get a quick release off the line. That's what you have to do when you're a statue QB and Peyton provides the textbook example of that. HOWEVER... Seattle's defense, whether it's 3 deep zone or cover 1, requires our corners to jam (hard) and screw up those timing routes. Those same routes that Peyton depends on to get the ball out quickly. You know Coach Richard and Coach Quinn know that, so you can be sure that contact within 5 yards is going to be a big part of our gameplan on Sunday.

If Peyton has to sit around and wait for guys to get open, he's going to get hit. When he gets hit he'll either be taking the sack, or throwing the uncatchable ball to salvage the field position, but he will be hit. A lot. PeyPey doesn't like getting hit. It will have an effect on him. I don't expect him to get happy feet or trigger happy, but he won't be a happy camper.

Denver's a pretty potent offense and those recievers are pretty damn good, so I'm sure there will be occasions where their guys get a quick release and PeyPey takes advantage. That will happen several times on Sunday and I'm prepared to see that happen. But to just arbitrarily throw out that Peyton's going to beat the crap out of Seattle's defense because he's going to be patient or because he's going to get the ball out quickly is a load of crap and whoever says it has clearly not done their homework.

I've been saying this all along; our defense will bend a lot (probably a lot more than people will be comfortable seeing) but it will not break. We are down right stodgy inside the 20 and we won't let them score 7 points very often. They will be settling for a LOT of field goals. Our offense will need to show up to take advantace and counter those FG's with TD's.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3i7lx3n7 said:
davidonmi":3i7lx3n7 said:
I highly doubt they meant patient as in Peyton would sit back in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open. I'm sure what they meant by patient is he will get the ball out quickly to whomever is open and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force the issue. He is very good at this and I imagine he will get some completions and first downs this way. hopefully we hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns though. I think this defense is up to the challenge.

This what I think he meant to. Have Manning take the 5 yard checkdowns vs trying to force balls further downhill. I am hoping in that situation, if it's taking them 10-15 plays, at some point before they hit paydirt it will just take one sack, holding penalty, pass defended to end the drive.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Just watched Jaworski use a play from the preseason game in which Thomas clearly pushed off (I mean, the arm was fully extended) and then high point a ball against Sherman as an example of how they can go at Sherm in this game.

:34853_doh: