Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest "expert" EVER

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Jaws is an idiot now. He ALWAYS was an idiot. Dude is a snooze fest that contradicts himself and is nonsensical.

CANHawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":288hr8i6 said:
Just watched Jaworski use a play from the preseason game in which Thomas clearly pushed off (I mean, the arm was fully extended) and then high point a ball against Sherman as an example of how they can go at Sherm in this game.

:34853_doh:

Don't they know that pushing off is the most called penalty in Super Bowls? Especially in the endzone. Stupid Jaworski. That guy doesn't even look like a quarterback. He looks like a substitute teacher. Screw that guy...

davidonmi

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1dtgbloa said:
davidonmi":1dtgbloa said:
a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.
"Peyton is going to be patient, and that's going to beat the seattle defense"
yeah, patiently waiting for the pass rush to swarm him
If he beats us it's not by patience, it's by getting the ball out quickly
I highly doubt they meant patient as in Peyton would sit back in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open. I'm sure what they meant by patient is he will get the ball out quickly to whomever is open and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force the issue. He is very good at this and I imagine he will get some completions and first downs this way. hopefully we hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns though. I think this defense is up to the challenge.
it was jaworski that said it, they were just playing it.
You're probably right on that, brockndanny took it as peyton waiting in the pocket to find a reciever, so I assumed that's what Jaworski meant. Now that I think about it the what you took away from those comments makes more sense

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
When Dildofer sounds like a genius talking on the same set as you which was just the case on NFL Live, you Frisco Ron are a complete moron.

CANHawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":crukthrg said:
Natethegreat":crukthrg said:
davidonmi":crukthrg said:
I highly doubt they meant patient as in Peyton would sit back in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open. I'm sure what they meant by patient is he will get the ball out quickly to whomever is open and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force the issue. He is very good at this and I imagine he will get some completions and first downs this way. hopefully we hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns though. I think this defense is up to the challenge.
You're probably right on that, brockndanny took it as peyton waiting in the pocket to find a reciever, so I assumed that's what Jaworski meant. Now that I think about it the what you took away from those comments makes more sense

That doesn't sound like patience. That sounds like the opposite of patience actually. That's like... being proactive or not being greedy or playing smart or... something other than patience. No, patience to me sounds like camping in the pocket, doing that little hop hop hop thing PeyPey does and waiting for plays to develop (their little pick plays probably) and guys to get open. if PeyPey does that a lot, he's taking a quick all expenses paid trip to the dirt cuz Bennett and Avril will be all up in his grille with the quickness.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1gr05nxo said:
davidonmi":1gr05nxo said:
sorry but I have to agree with Jaworski on this one.
What he says is wilson just makes plays but he doesn't understand how it happens, so it's pretty much his way of saying wilson is the least conventional QB in the league who's successful.
However his comment on Kaepernick before the season will and should be held against him forever, that was dumb

He said that Wilson does not understand how he makes plays? This is the same guy that thinks kaepernick will be the GOAT QB and thinks this because he is big.

Wilson plays against the best every single day, you can call it chaos in which he succeeds but I gaurantee you its organized chaos in his mind. The Forehead is lauded for his ability to read the defense, omaha omaha omaha, gets the snap and makes a blind timing throw for a touchdown and is called a genius.. Wilson reads the defense, feels the rush and moves out of harms way to allow his guys the time to seperate or he kills you with his feet but he doesnt know how he does it? What a dolt!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
CANHawk":1pk2r8w7 said:
davidonmi":1pk2r8w7 said:
Natethegreat":1pk2r8w7 said:
davidonmi":1pk2r8w7 said:

That doesn't sound like patience. That sounds like the opposite of patience actually. That's like... being proactive or not being greedy or playing smart or... something other than patience. No, patience to me sounds like camping in the pocket, doing that little hop hop hop thing PeyPey does and waiting for plays to develop (their little pick plays probably) and guys to get open. if PeyPey does that a lot, he's taking a quick all expenses paid trip to the dirt cuz Bennett and Avril will be all up in his grille with the quickness.
Its being patient by not forcing the ball in were it could be picked off. Its being patient in taking what you can get rather than trying a low percentage pass. If he indeed meant standing back in the pocket then he doesn't understand Peyton's game very well nor is he very bright. I really highly doubt thats what he meant by being patient though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3shmdfzq said:
When Dildofer sounds like a genius talking on the same set as you which was just the case on NFL Live, you Frisco Ron are a complete moron.
I can agree that Prisco and Jaworski are almost smart enough to make it to one moron.:)

CANHawk

Reaction score
^oh i agree that's probably what he meant, but I think patience is totally the wrong word. How is rocketing the ball to the first open guy you see in 3.2 seconds or whatever being "patient"? That's probably going to be their gameplan and (if their guys can get a quick release) is the best way to keep Peyton upright, but I wouldn't call that patient. it's smart, prudent, cagey, savvy, any number of things, but it isn't being patient.

I feel a little "Roland-ish" doing this, but the dictionary (google) definition of "Patient" is: "able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious." The dictionary definition speaks to tolerating delays, waiting patiently for something to happen. So how is doing something as quickly as humanly possible to avoid being blown up being "patient".

No. this is proof that Jaworski is a dolt. As a substitute teacher, he should really know better.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
CANHawk":2k6etz97 said:
^oh i agree that's probably what he meant, but I think patience is totally the wrong word. How is rocketing the ball to the first open guy you see in 3.2 seconds or whatever being "patient"? That's probably going to be their gameplan and (if their guys can get a quick release) is the best way to keep Peyton upright, but I wouldn't call that patient. it's smart, prudent, cagey, savvy, any number of things, but it isn't being patient.

I feel a little "Roland-ish" doing this, but the dictionary (google) definition of "Patient" is: "able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious." The dictionary definition speaks to tolerating delays, waiting patiently for something to happen. So how is doing something as quickly as humanly possible to avoid being blown up being "patient".

No. this is proof that Jaworski is a dolt. As a substitute teacher, he should really know better.
I hear ya.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Ron Jawarski and a lot of the ESPN talking heads have never liked Russell Wilson. They never saw him as a high draft pick. When he got drafted, they expected him to be a backup. But he won the job. When Russell was struggling early last year, they said "I told you so". Once Russell started winning, they attributed his wins to the defense.
What a lot of these fools seem to forget is that, Russell carried this team last year with his arm and legs, where the Defense failed. At Miami, Chicago, Detroit and even at Atlanta. Russell carried the team, but the defense failed to close the deal in certain situations. They will never mention that.
Russell has "struggled" the last few weeks. But every QB goes through stretches.
They will see the real Russell on Sunday. With so much negativity in the press, I hope our guys are taking it very personal. I know Lynch is. I know Sherman and Russell are. I know ALL our guys are.
Manning might get his yards on Sunday. Manning might march this team down the field on Sunday, but one thing is sure: Our defense is going to hit their players hard. The second half will tell another story.
I expect us to win by 2-3 TDs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":21e5j85u said:
On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.

It's not like Russell got to pad his stats like Manning did this season against the worst defenses in the league. Russell's struggles have come against top 10 defenses. I don't know how these so-called "experts" continue to ignore this.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Marvin49":1p26l7fd said:
Hawk Strap":1p26l7fd said:
Cam Newton

Doesn't have the speed or IMO the temperment (and I know peeps will say the same of Colin here...agree to disagree).

When the Niners got up by 2 scores in that game, you could just see it on his face that it was over.

Colin never got kicked out of school for stealing a laptop either.

Sorry...can't stand Newton. I've never liked the guy.

Cam doesn't have the speed? They both run a 4.5 40.

And we could say the same thing about Kaps face when he plays Seattle, whenever something doesn't go his way you can see his facial expressions, and body language...Very similar to Cam *shrugs*

marko358

Reaction score
I'm actually a life long Raiders fan. Yeah I know, pathetic. Seahawks a close #2.

So glad the Raiders gave Jaws the beat down in the Super Bowl. Can't stand that guy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
checkdanews":3uospcfs said:
Marvin49":3uospcfs said:
Hawk Strap":3uospcfs said:
Cam Newton

Doesn't have the speed or IMO the temperment (and I know peeps will say the same of Colin here...agree to disagree).

When the Niners got up by 2 scores in that game, you could just see it on his face that it was over.

And we could say the same thing about Kaps face when he plays Seattle, whenever something doesn't go his way you can see his facial expressions, and body language...Very similar to Cam *shrugs*

Kap is faster than Cam. I know what the combine numbers say, but I've seen their speed in games. Kap is faster and Cam is bigger and stronger (tho Kap has a better arm and a longer release).

I knew peeps would disagree with me on the second part.

Polaris

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wrhuug9 said:
Kap is faster than Cam. I know what the combine numbers say, but I've seen their speed in games. Kap is faster and Cam is bigger and stronger (tho Kap has a better arm and a longer release).

Perhaps not as much as you might think. I still think Wilson is better than Kaepernick but I am a Seattle fan. That said, if I had to pick between Cam and Kaep to be my starting QB, I'd pick Kaep.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Kap is faster than Cam. Just like Harvin is faster than Tate. Combine numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Back on topic. I think Jaws has been critical of Wilson since entering the league and now he feels the need to defend himself instead of just admitting he was wrong on him. He has Wilson in the 20's almost all last year when that was obviously ridiculous. Sometimes these talking heads let their ego stand in their way. I would honestly respect these guys more if they just called it like they see it and admit when they're wrong. Jaws is bordering on pathetic at this point as Ditka and Huard have pointed out.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Marvin49":27u71e0k said:
checkdanews":27u71e0k said:
Marvin49":27u71e0k said:
Hawk Strap":27u71e0k said:
Cam Newton

Well - I agree for what it's worth - - at least from the games vs the Hawks that I've seen against SF & Car. Our defense didn't have any problems tackling Cam while Kaep was giving us fits in the last game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he has had concussions because he says the most idiotic things.

He showed a clip from the preseason game where Sherman is covering Demaryus Thomas. DT had a slight push off, extending his arm and creating separation. Richard was downfield toward the goal line, behind DT but Jaws says "Look at that vertical leap! Demaryus goes up over Richard Sherman and takes that ball away!"

Uh...wut? DT was looking back toward PMan and receiving the ball, Sherman was behind DT, away from the QB, towards the goal line. It was physically impossible for DT to "go up over Sherman and take the ball away" because Sherman was downfield.

Just one example of idiocy. And he's going on about how that play represents what Denver will do Sunday. But Dilfer comes off as the smart one and says "I respect Jaws so much but that was preseason and it means nothing in what these teams will be doing Sunday."

Jaws got upset and argued with Trent, it was silly. :34853_doh:

Edit: To Jaws credit he did make a joke of it at the end.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ivotuk":1wyreqy9 said:
I think he has had concussions because he says the most idiotic things.

He showed a clip from the preseason game where Sherman is covering Demaryus Thomas. DT had a slight push off, extending his arm and creating separation. Richard was downfield toward the goal line, behind DT but Jaws says "Look at that vertical leap! Demaryus goes up over Richard Sherman and takes that ball away!"

Uh...wut? DT was looking back toward PMan and receiving the ball, Sherman was behind DT, away from the QB, towards the goal line. It was physically impossible for DT to "go up over Sherman and take the ball away" because Sherman was downfield.

Just one example of idiocy. And he's going on about how that play represents what Denver will do Sunday. But Dilfer comes off as the smart one and says "I respect Jaws so much but that was preseason and it means nothing in what these teams will be doing Sunday."

Jaws got upset and argued with Trent, it was silly. :34853_doh:

Edit: To Jaws credit he did make a joke of it at the end.

I pointed that out a little earlier in the thread. Was just a terrible example of "beating" Sherm. Funny thing is, 90% of the people who have watched it probably don't recognize this.