Ron Jaworski's 2014 top QB countdown - Russell Wilson #9

Anthony!

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2wgba9cp said:
brimsalabim":2wgba9cp said:
I heard Jaws talking about this with Brock and Salk and he added that in the Super Owl Russ was "seeing everything " from the pocket and if that was because the game was just slowing down for him in the pocket then watch out NFL.

The percy harvin effect :D

Not just that but for the first time all season he had decent protection and it looked like they opened up the play book and RW was just seeing everything.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Anthony!":12j5j1op said:
WilsonMVP":12j5j1op said:
brimsalabim":12j5j1op said:
I heard Jaws talking about this with Brock and Salk and he added that in the Super Owl Russ was "seeing everything " from the pocket and if that was because the game was just slowing down for him in the pocket then watch out NFL.

The percy harvin effect :D

Not just that but for the first time all season he had decent protection and it looked like they opened up the play book and RW was just seeing everything.

Thats true..I just watched the Turning Point video that was posted a while ago and he had tons of protection. If the Oline can play like that and we have Harvin all year I fully expect a bunch of games where we score 30+

rigelian

Reaction score
The offensive line actually pass blocked in the Super Bowl. I think we caught a glimpse of what Wilson can do when he isn't running for life. I think people underestimate the impact that our offensive line problems have caused.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Anthony!":2qb53qj0 said:
kearly":2qb53qj0 said:
You are twisting the facts to fit your argument Anthony. Suddenly it's about yards now? We were talking about play call percentage, not rushing yard totals. Seattle's rushing plays as a percentage are one of the highest in the league. That is a fact. Even when you take Wilson's 92 carries out, it is still true.

no you are talking play calling percentage I am talking impact on the game, calling a lot of runs if those runs yield few yards is not going to put 8 in the box, only success in running the ball will put 8 in the box and as I outlined there are a lot of teams that have more success then us, once you remove the QB. I mean if you are a running team I might start with 8 in the box but if you have little success they are going to pull back to 7 if still limited success then back to 6 and so on. Just because a team runs 60% of the time does not mean I am going to put 8 in the box if I Can handle it with 5 or 6 knowing eventually they will pass. Teams know Rw can carry this team to wins by passing, so they are not stacking the box near as much as you think. Point in case the panthers game, in the first qtr when everyone knows we are run, run pass. The very first series we got backed up inside our 10, and yet only 5 in the box on the first play, then they went 6 for play 2-penlaty so play 2 again, so now we are inside our 5, 2nd down and 5 in the box, 3rd down and 10 now we get 8 in the box and it was a passing down and pass play. N fact the only time they put 8 in the box in the Panthers game was on 3rd and long and 3rd and short. That is an example, teams do not play 8 in the box as much as you think and when they do Rw is just as much a reason as lynch. Not to mention if you read my post with the listed teams our attempts even go down to the point were ne And Denver had more, Lynch may have been amongst the post in attempts over the last 3 years but we are talking about last year, and we are talking team not just 1 back. Also Lynchs attempts have gone down every year Rw has been with us 315 in 2012, 301 in 2013, teams know that too. However again it is about the team running game of which Rw is a huge part of it, and again teams do not pu 8 in the box as much as you think. As to the play action so? Every team runs play action we may run the most but every team runs it, we run as much to give Rw extra time due to our 32nd ranked pass blocking as anything.
Anthony, sorry if this comes across snarky--it's not intended to be.

Could you put some paragraph returns in your reply? This is visually hard to read because it's a giant wall of text.

Thanks, man.

Anthony!

Reaction score
sc85sis":2gk3a9cq said:
Anthony!":2gk3a9cq said:
kearly":2gk3a9cq said:
You are twisting the facts to fit your argument Anthony. Suddenly it's about yards now? We were talking about play call percentage, not rushing yard totals. Seattle's rushing plays as a percentage are one of the highest in the league. That is a fact. Even when you take Wilson's 92 carries out, it is still true.

no you are talking play calling percentage I am talking impact on the game, calling a lot of runs if those runs yield few yards is not going to put 8 in the box, only success in running the ball will put 8 in the box and as I outlined there are a lot of teams that have more success then us, once you remove the QB. I mean if you are a running team I might start with 8 in the box but if you have little success they are going to pull back to 7 if still limited success then back to 6 and so on. Just because a team runs 60% of the time does not mean I am going to put 8 in the box if I Can handle it with 5 or 6 knowing eventually they will pass. Teams know Rw can carry this team to wins by passing, so they are not stacking the box near as much as you think. Point in case the panthers game, in the first qtr when everyone knows we are run, run pass. The very first series we got backed up inside our 10, and yet only 5 in the box on the first play, then they went 6 for play 2-penlaty so play 2 again, so now we are inside our 5, 2nd down and 5 in the box, 3rd down and 10 now we get 8 in the box and it was a passing down and pass play. N fact the only time they put 8 in the box in the Panthers game was on 3rd and long and 3rd and short. That is an example, teams do not play 8 in the box as much as you think and when they do Rw is just as much a reason as lynch. Not to mention if you read my post with the listed teams our attempts even go down to the point were ne And Denver had more, Lynch may have been amongst the post in attempts over the last 3 years but we are talking about last year, and we are talking team not just 1 back. Also Lynchs attempts have gone down every year Rw has been with us 315 in 2012, 301 in 2013, teams know that too. However again it is about the team running game of which Rw is a huge part of it, and again teams do not pu 8 in the box as much as you think. As to the play action so? Every team runs play action we may run the most but every team runs it, we run as much to give Rw extra time due to our 32nd ranked pass blocking as anything.
Anthony, sorry if this comes across snarky--it's not intended to be.

Could you put some paragraph returns in your reply? This is visually hard to read because it's a giant wall of text.

Thanks, man.

Yeah sorry about that and that was not snarky(I have never heard that word before :)) at all it was a fair request, and I will do my best to comply