Ronald Jones II

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2fodd1ea said:
Jones looks like a smaller Jaylen Samuels.

This kid is 225 lbs and lined up at HB, FB, TE, and WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXly1PdBM

hmm...sorry but I don't see that resemblance at all. Jones looks like Jamall Charles to me.

I would rank the backs:
Barkley
Jones/Chubb
Guice
Freeman
Sony

I know they won't be drafted that way. But really hoping for Jones, Chubb or Freeman in this draft.

cheese22

Reaction score
Would LOVE to get Samuels to replace Procise...and I like Procise. Similar in that they both have a wide skill set having played RB and WR. Samuels has incredible burst, great hands and perfect size. I don't know where he's projected but would love that pick.

original poster

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1u1fjthk said:
brimsalabim":1u1fjthk said:
Jones looks like a smaller Jaylen Samuels.

This kid is 225 lbs and lined up at HB, FB, TE, and WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXly1PdBM

hmm...sorry but I don't see that resemblance at all. Jones looks like Jamall Charles to me.

I would rank the backs:
Barkley
Jones/Chubb
Guice
Freeman
Sony

I know they won't be drafted that way. But really hoping for Jones, Chubb or Freeman in this draft.

Jones is the image of Charles, for sure.

I don't think he was used in the passing game too much at USC, though. Not sure if it's a case that he can't, though.

IMO we need a back that is available in the passing game.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Man, the more I watch Jones the more I want him to be the pick. He runs so strong, makes defenders take poor angles, and breaks tackles so fluidly.

Chapow

Reaction score
original poster":2bwzfmxq said:
IMO we need a back that is available in the passing game.

We just need a back that is available. To play. Like, at all.

If Ronald Jones is that guy? Sure, great.

sc85sis

Reaction score
USC had a second pro day today for RoJo and Deontay Burnett because they had hamstring injuries and couldn’t fully go back in March. RoJo ran a 4.48 40, and he estimates his hamstring is about 85% healed.

D

DomeHawk

hawknation2018":2vxb5on3 said:
My Top 5 RBs:
#1 Saquon Barkley
#2 Derrius Guice
#3 Sony Michel
#4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
#5 Ronald Jones

If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.

I'm thinking more and more Royce Freeman. He has the size and power running PC/JS covet. Gaskin and Jones do not.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1mp93u2y said:
hawknation2018":1mp93u2y said:
My Top 5 RBs:
#1 Saquon Barkley
#2 Derrius Guice
#3 Sony Michel
#5 Ronald Jones

If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.

I'm thinking more and more Royce Freeman. He has the size and power running PC/JS covet. Gaskin and Jones do not.
Gaskin returned for senior year..

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/danieldietzzz/status/982485249727721473[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/982489776988278784[/tweet]

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3p7aaq21 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/danieldietzzz/status/982485249727721473[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/982489776988278784[/tweet]

There's a lot of GM's that undervalue RB's. Look at the teams that made the playoffs last season most had a really good RB. Then there's the fact the first round money is slotted and the chances of needing to pay a RB big money after his 5th year is very small most of them have seen there best days at that point. So I disagree entirely that you shouldn't take a RB in the first round.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":21x9h1rc said:
Other then Saquan Barkley my two favorite RBs are Jones and Sony Michel.

I like both these RB's. I'm getting the feeling Jones stock is on the rise and we won't get him in the 30's.

D

DomeHawk

IndyHawk":lp1f8xnx said:
DomeHawk":lp1f8xnx said:
hawknation2018":lp1f8xnx said:
My Top 5 RBs:
#1 Saquon Barkley
#2 Derrius Guice
#3 Sony Michel
#5 Ronald Jones

Gaskin returned for senior year..

I am aware of that, I was just using him for comparison purposes. They do not fit the PC/JS profile for RB's.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2ijimvj5 said:
I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.

Horrible take. He was injured (hamstring) during the 40 you're referencing, subsequently ran sub-4.5 at pro day despite not being 100%, and his game speed on film is excellent. He ran a 10.37s 100 meter dash as a track athlete, which is pretty damn fast.

Again, horrible take.

chris98251

Reaction score
With our O line and how we use the running game we need a tough SOB that has great balance and a natural forward lean, the new helmet rule should make things interesting however, Guice is a back that looks good in college but runs way to upright for our blocking scheme in my opinion, hard to break thru tackles that way, he is a great open field runner from what I have seen however and if he has running lanes that you don't get contact till your thru the big fatties.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Having taken another look at all these backs i'm warming up to Ronald Jones ll . In fact I think i'm changing my pick to Jones . He has excellent speed and vision and should be a guy Seattle can throw to out of the backfield. He ran 4.48 at his pro day and has room to add mass to that 5'11 frame. This is a real good year for Seattle to pick up a RB. My top 5 excluding Barkley.
Jones
Guice
Sony
Penny
Johnson

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":103tsftk said:
With our O line and how we use the running game we need a tough SOB that has great balance and a natural forward lean, the new helmet rule should make things interesting however, Guice is a back that looks good in college but runs way to upright for our blocking scheme in my opinion, hard to break thru tackles that way, he is a great open field runner from what I have seen however and if he has running lanes that you don't get contact till your thru the big fatties.

We have a new coaching staff how do you know what blocking scheme where going to be in. Second with the new helmet rule running upright might be an advantage.. I'm not sure upright and blocking scheme are the metric for determining production in the NFL. I'll stick to who looks the most dynamic on film and that's Jones . I like his combination of size speed and lateral suddenness also his burst. And he runs with a lot more power than he's credited with. We don't know who out of these backs Jones,Guice,Sony, or Penny are going to be the best but they all have the ability and they all did well in college. I don't really see a bust in any of those four. Who can stay healthy will likely determine who has the best production in the NFL.