Rose Bowl Thread

justafan

Reaction score
The 5 or six passes he has been behind on and the dropped passes are pretty much the difference in the game

raisethe3

Reaction score
Another wide open dropped pass. Would've been a big gain. Damn.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
justafan":2n2yohc1 said:
I love the way Jake and the team are finishing

meh too little too late.. says something that they were only able to complete with ohio state after they proverbially took their feet off the pedals.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s too bad UW spotted them the first half or they might have had a good chance to win this game.

Odd playcalling, and the “let’s feel them out” mentality in the first half might have cost them dearly as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":356cisxj said:
justafan":356cisxj said:

meh too little too late.. says something that they were only able to complete with ohio state after they proverbially took their feet off the pedals.

Why would osu take their foot off the pedal in his last game?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Jake has never had a problem producing when there is no pressure.

As soon as garbage time started, I knew he would start racking up stats.

Shocker that.

40 seconds and Browning is no longer the starting QB for the Huskies.

It would be hard to hear anything sound as good.

justafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2rfgd689 said:
It’s too bad UW spotted them the first half or they might have had a good chance to win this game.

Odd playcalling, and the “let’s feel them out” mentality in the first half might have cost them dearly as well.

I was more disappointed by OSU running the ball down our throat early

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2qw59jt4 said:
therealjohncarlson":2qw59jt4 said:
justafan":2qw59jt4 said:

Because it's human nature if you're up that much

justafan

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":xcwoc0kp said:
Uncle Si":xcwoc0kp said:
therealjohncarlson":xcwoc0kp said:
justafan":xcwoc0kp said:

Im proud UW didnt

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1nzitqke said:
Uncle Si":1nzitqke said:
therealjohncarlson":1nzitqke said:
justafan":1nzitqke said:

Theyve been piling up points all season.

Give the huskies D some credit

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The End..Bye Bye Jake Browning..Finally!

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Ran out of time at the end.

I'm sad as hell that Gaskin is gone. My favorite husky player of recent times. I worry Ahmed and McGrew wont be as good or durable to replace him next year. Wonder if they have someone in the wings. Hope gaskin can have a pro career. Reminds me of carson in the way he fights for extra yards and falls forwards.

Hopefully the husky offense takes a step forward next year with a new OC and Eason. I want to see more hunter Bryant. Ty jones needs to step up and hopefully some new recruits. I want to see more of yankoff in garbage time next year too, to see what we have.

No idea who the pass rushers will be next year but I trust that the new group of db's to come through will be decent.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Petersen recruited out of Texas when he was at Boise State. I am sure that he still has ties down there and can find some diamonds in the rough. And that starts next week.

D

DomeHawk

OrangeGravy":plkiflja said:
TwistedHusky":plkiflja said:
With all the NFL talent on these Husky teams, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if Browning was not this tremendous weak link.

Considering how terrible the offense is playing, the defense is doing decently well. That last defensive stand wasn't a winner but their backs were up against the wall.

Edit: And it isn't Petersen, he did just fine in bowl games that he didn't have Browning as his QB. Though I will concede he might have a predilection for these 'low-talent try-hard' type of guys. He had a better version of this at Boise State but I worry we are going to see a parade of these guys under Petersen. It might be the trade-off in having a team good at the other stuff.

Don't let DomeHawk hear you say that! He got after me for calling Browning the Poor man's Kellen Moore in his Browning thread.

Irrational? Under Jake Browning UDub Has just won 2 Pac-12 titles in the last three years and the best records in the last 20 years. Only 4 college programs have had consecutive 10 or 10+ seasons in the last 3 years, UW is one of them. My support of Jake Browning is in the interest of fairness, it's a team game.

If I am irrational it is at being a UW fan for reasons that I can't fully say here but suffice it to say that my entire family were in attendance at the game, 3 generations of loyal UW fans.

Where were you?

D

DomeHawk

The_Z_Man":2mdgvtlc said:
I'm just eternally grateful that Ohio State came out of that locker room flat as a tire and allowed this to be a game.

I was at the game, they didn't lie down, they just got dusted form what is known as sprint fatigue. Anyone who has played the game know that you cannot maintain maximum level for four quarters, it's simple human physiology. I watched them as the game went on. they were huffing with a lot of hands on waist, a sure sign. It happens more often to the defense than the offense. I think it was part of the game plan, unfortunately another part of the game plan was terrible.