Rose Bowl Thread

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Browning has sucked but this is on the oc. Play calling jad been silly. Barely running gaskin, only throw to Bryant in the 4th quarter. Crappy swing passes for little gain. Peterson needs to fire him

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Weird take.

Plenty of former UW players that played on Browning's teams are in the NFL now.

It isn't lack of talent.

Betting we see a number of these players in the NFL. Browning will not be one of them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":pkdbmhje said:
Browning has sucked but this is on the oc. Play calling jad been silly. Barely running gaskin, only throw to Bryant in the 4th quarter. Crappy swing passes for little gain. Peterson needs to fire him

The last two years of play calling have been suspect. But this one you are nailed on. Running was the beat way to get at osu this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Geez Huskies, come on already. :34853_doh:

OpHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22l5j14a said:
So the dip in talent this year is the fault of parents, specifically west coast parents?

The state of that post...

It's been a precipitous dip for over a decade now. Not sure how one might come to the conclusion this was a one-year drop.

But yeah, I do believe the war on masculinity and the implementation of concepts like "safe-spaces" in our universities has a negative effect on our youth competing at a national level.

Kids raised elsewhere are hardier, tougher, more resilient IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":r93h0uaz said:
So the dip in talent this year is the fault of parents, specifically west coast parents?

Yeah, that post was a little nutty.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OpHawk":16xiezm6 said:
Uncle Si":16xiezm6 said:

It's been a precipitous dip for over a decade now. Not sure how one might come to the conclusion this was a one-year drop.

But yeah, I do believe the war on masculinity and the implementation of concepts like "safe-spaces" in our universities has a negative effect on our youth competing at a national level.

Youre wrong... but its really not the time nor place to discuss it.

Maybe drive around a bit before making ridiculous generalizations

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":fm6uskp1 said:
Weird take.

Plenty of former UW players that played on Browning's teams are in the NFL now.

It isn't lack of talent.

Betting we see a number of these players in the NFL. Browning will not be one of them.
I was talking the Pac12 as a whole and the steady decline over the last 5 or so years.

justafan

Reaction score
OpHawk":2js5uhkm said:
Uncle Si":2js5uhkm said:

The discussion is over

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3clq3cd7 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3clq3cd7 said:

The last two years of play calling have been suspect. But this one you are nailed on. Running was the beat way to get at osu this year.
Yep UW got away from their bread and butter on offense.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So Browning is a crappier Kellen Moore, but a crappier version that does not win bowl games, because people need safe spaces?

Because the defense has been sending people to the NFL.

Those safe spaces (???) don't seem to keep our defensive players from hitting opposing players so hard their teeth get knocked out.

Gaskin is solid. Our WRs are solid. The problem is not the lack of talent or 'less masculine players'

The problem is a QB that is not productive in big games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Well.. browning with a chance to make things entertaining

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lets move on from the recruting and child rearing conversation

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OpHawk":95hrersb said:
Uncle Si":95hrersb said:

So much I can say but I cannot without it getting a bit or a lot political, so I won’t.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Browning hasn't been great this game, but his receivers definitely aren't helping him with multiple drops today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Browning is playing like poo but the UW receivers are not helping him with dropped passes.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Soooo many drop passes. Its killing UW right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ed5x2rd said:
Browning hasn't been great this game, but his receivers definitely aren't helping him with multiple drops today.
Beat me to it. 8)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They might not drop them if they were not consistently above, behind or nowhere near them.

Browning has been Browning in this game. Again, glad this is his last game in a Husky uniform. Nothing makes me happier.

The receivers are not playing as well as they should but their QB is making it much much harder on them.

And again, why Browning is even touching the ball when Gaskin is doing so well is another question. We are calling a lot more plays for Browning to throw than makes sense right now.

But 9 minutes until Browning is gone. That is good news.