Roster cut announcements have begun

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wlrxu8g said:
Or it might be because this is a guy that has shown he can catch the ball when covered or in traffic, you know, like in the EZ?

Kasen hasn't shown that to any significant extent. What he has shown, practically anyone on our roster can do.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
People are picking on Darboh, when it could be McEvoy or perhaps another player that should not have made it....did we see these tweets when Kearse was traded yesterday?? Not really because we saw the results of the trade with Richardson pickup.

hawk45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3nfwhrsy said:
Or it might be because this is a guy that has shown he can catch the ball when covered or in traffic, you know, like in the EZ?

Since we seem to have a problem scoring TDs in the EZ it seems like this would be a valuable asset. But he wasn't a 'super valuable 3rd round pick' so whatever.

The reason I care is that he gives us the best chance to catch TDs of the available WRs and we have a really average RZ TD%. Considering scoring TDs helps teams win it felt like a reasonable thing to want someone that can help us score more TDs on the team.

"I'm not freaking out about Kasen Williams like I didn't freak out about Pope. They could be making a huge mistake here. Or none at all."

Except Pope could have helped us return kicks and backup Rawls when he was injured (since Procise is made of balsa wood and couldn't) so keeping Collins cost us at least 2 games. One reason it was upsetting to see him cut.

Now instead of an injured Rawls, we are dealing with a potentially injured Lockett- but Im sure keeping a worthless Darboh won't bite us in the tail like keeping Collins did, right?

The fatal flaw argument is a lot more potent at a spot where the front office have shown chinks in the armor such as OL.

At WR all they've done is pluck a pro-bowler UDFA Doug Baldwin of the trash heap, trade into Lockett, and in general turned poop into gold.

I'm not saying their track record should stifle all disagreement but when you're down to Pope and Williams as the season-breakers the credibility of the argument starts to suffer.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":uvkbfhhg said:
TwistedHusky":uvkbfhhg said:

Kasen hasn't shown that to any significant extent. What he has shown, practically anyone on our roster can do.

That is a load of BS. How many 7' high jumpers on the team again?

Here are the top pre season catches...how many are high over the top throws?

Notice who got #4 here? Yep....we cut him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...8636/Top-throws-and-catches-of-2017-Preseason

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
How has Darboh produced against 1s? What about Lawler?

What about even 2s?

We kept Darboh because he has a higher draft slot not because of his ability. And you know it when you see it, just like Collins, all he is going to do is waste a roster spot.

At least Williams would have caught a contested pass for a TD or a needed first down now and then.

Or Desir would have come in to plug a hole and keep our defense from giving up yards when one of our CBs gets injured for a few plays.

I would take either but a guy that is going to get you 4 yards when you need 7 isn't too exciting.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm a little bummed out about Williams getting the axe. The guy played really well this preseason and looked hungry. Makes me wonder if they saw something in Darboh during practice or if Pete and the FO were to proud to cut him since they nabbed him with a 3rd.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":4qj8d57v said:

What about even 2s?

We kept Darboh because he has a higher draft slot not because of his ability. And you know it when you see it, just like Collins, all he is going to do is waste a roster spot.

At least Williams would have caught a contested pass for a TD or a needed first down now and then.

Throwing a contested catch is rare for Wilson.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2ho56uqb said:
harryjohnson":2ho56uqb said:
Seymour":2ho56uqb said:
harryjohnson":2ho56uqb said:
Feel that way fine. Just stfu about it. Smh

Exactly.

Sounds like #25 is "all in" with his coaching staff once again. :roll:

Red meat for the east coast press.

Oh the horror! The mighty 'East Coast Press' is gonna say bad things about our team! :shock:

It feeds the cancer narrative. What good comes out of Sherman's comments?

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/904129243939979264[/tweet]

jpetty38

Reaction score
I liked Kasen and all but...seeing the same posts about Kasen I saw about pope. I trust our front office more than armchair GM's on a message board. I say that with much love tho.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sherman mouthing off is pretty inappropriate, I agree. A more adult response would have been just to say he appreciated Kasen's efforts and wish him luck.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
hawk45":37psgb18 said:
Sherman mouthing off is pretty inappropriate, I agree. A more adult response would have been just to say he appreciated Kasen's efforts and wish him luck.

This.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
harryjohnson":2e6nv780 said:
hawk45":2e6nv780 said:

This.

Sherm always says dumb stuff though, it's kind of what he does.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
How did our front office do last year?

Weren't we the team that basically made it into the wild card game and then were absolutely embarrassed by Atlanta in the very next game?

The same FO that made decisions that led to a disaster of an OL that ended up destroying Wilson's health and getting nobody to back up Rawls so we could take the heat off Wilson while Rawls was still injured?

The same great decision making that led to us keeping Alex Collins who showed NOTHING in the preseason only because he was a relatively high draft pick?

Not exactly a great track record by our FO on those keeps in recent years to be honest.

And if you don't want to keep Williams because Wilson won't throw to him, then keep Desir. But don't keep a worthless WR because you blew a 3rd round pick on him - and get rid of someone that can produce for you somewhere else.

Seymour

Reaction score
Basis4day":3jm1up7b said:
TwistedHusky":3jm1up7b said:

What about even 2s?

Throwing a contested catch is rare for Wilson.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

That is why he was cut. Pete and or Bevell does not promote throwing the 50/50 ball as seen by Grahams lack of red zone targets.

Sad...but true. :cry:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I never really cared about Pope being cut but comparing Kasen and Pope is pretty silly. Kasen has unusual athletic ability in a large frame for a reciever and showed some toughness and good hands and showed this against quality starting DB's.
Pope had some nice runs against third stringers and is pretty smallish for a running back with marginal NFL athleticism.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/904131385081839616[/tweet]

Latest posts