Rumor mill - Hawks have signed Perrish Cox?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1i3947q5 said:
Cox totally raped that woman. I guess the only argument is that if someone wants to hire the dude, whatever, he can get a job, but I don't want to have to root for this dude.

The court disagrees. I don't care one way or another about Cox.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":211rrw20 said:
So what's the scoop on Winfield? Screw this Cox dude, sounds like he can't cover and has a questionable character off the field, do we really need more of the same with these dipsh*t players?

Winfield's a proven pro, from what i remember doesn't have off field problems.. I don't know just sick of it all..

My guess is Winfield said "thanks, but no thanks" and Seattle had to go to Plan B.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2w5dhas7 said:
thebanjodude":2w5dhas7 said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR.

I'm all for forgiveness and giving people another chance, but this guy raped a girl and denied having ever slept with her, even though she was pregnant with HIS child. I really hope the Hawks don't sign this guy.

Cox was arrested on December 9, 2010, for felonious sexual assault and taken to a Douglas County jail. He was released on December 10 on a $50,000 bond. His sexual assault charges were classified as class three and class four felonies which carry a sentence of two years to life in prison. He faced a possible sentence of ten years to life if convicted. However, on March 2, 2012, Cox was found not guilty of sexual assault charges in Douglas County, Colorado criminal court.

While Im not certain these are the same cases..... it appears he was found not guilty. Im guessing most didn't follow the case (I didn't) and also guessing most don't have knowledge of what the jury heard. Im of the opinion that when someone goes to court and is shown to be not guilty, that is the ruling.

Not a bad thing to have a view like that, but it's pretty naive to think that just because they're found 'not guilty' in a court of law means that they really weren't guilty. Cox got off with more or less a slut shaming defense...in his trial he claimed he had never slept with her! And DNA testing showed she was pregnant with his child!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1rvr3jnm said:
ImTheScientist":1rvr3jnm said:
thebanjodude":1rvr3jnm said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR.

I'm all for forgiveness and giving people another chance, but this guy raped a girl and denied having ever slept with her, even though she was pregnant with HIS child. I really hope the Hawks don't sign this guy.

Cox was arrested on December 9, 2010, for felonious sexual assault and taken to a Douglas County jail. He was released on December 10 on a $50,000 bond. His sexual assault charges were classified as class three and class four felonies which carry a sentence of two years to life in prison. He faced a possible sentence of ten years to life if convicted. However, on March 2, 2012, Cox was found not guilty of sexual assault charges in Douglas County, Colorado criminal court.

While Im not certain these are the same cases..... it appears he was found not guilty. Im guessing most didn't follow the case (I didn't) and also guessing most don't have knowledge of what the jury heard. Im of the opinion that when someone goes to court and is shown to be not guilty, that is the ruling.

Not a bad thing to have a view like that, but it's pretty naive to think that just because they're found 'not guilty' in a court of law means that they really weren't guilty. Cox got off with more or less a slut shaming defense...in his trial he claimed he had never slept with her! And DNA testing showed she was pregnant with his child!

If it was that cut and dry why was he not convicted? It goes both ways bro, isn't it naive to think that just because they are accused of something they are guilty? You don't have access to all the evidence or anything the jury heard..... You and I are not him or the girl ..... not really our place to judge especially when a not guilty verdict was given. JMO...you are welcome to yours.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Because sometimes jurors are idiots...her character was assassinated in front of the jury and they decided that they couldn't prove without a shadow of a doubt that it was rape...you think OJ wasn't guilty either? lol

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not a fan of signing a scumbag like Parrish Cox. I'd rather win or lose with decent people on the team

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Whatever. Depth corner. Might have been signed for ST ability. Shouldn't get many snaps at DB. Can't say I love the signing, but it shouldn't really matter.

Basis4day

Reaction score

That is not factually accurate. While DNA proved that Cox fathered the child, his denial of sexual contact was not made at trial. It was made while being questioned by police. He did not take the stand in own defense and therefore did not deny sexual contact with the accuser under oath at the criminal trial. While you may call that semantics, what is said under oath at trial is what matters in regards to a jury's decision.

You can make your own judgments of the merits of this case. The documents are available if you care to look. No need to hear things second hand if you want to research further.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1nj0hmfv said:
Because sometimes jurors are idiots...her character was assassinated in front of the jury and they decided that they couldn't prove without a shadow of a doubt that it was rape...you think OJ wasn't guilty either? lol

Are those cases related? I don't see how separate cases can be used as justification for anything.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am not going to hang the guy. The jury found him innocent and saw all the evidence.; I didn't and know nothing about the case . I know nothing about this guy if he is a good guy bad guy whatever.
If we sign him for depth ok if not that's ok. It's not like he is a key guy. He maybe a one week signing with us if he does not work out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":v52p19sz said:
So what's the scoop on Winfield?

Winfield wants to win a SB, not be a four game sub until Thurmond's back, then get released. Plus Winfield hasn't played all year, so by the time he's in game shape Thurmond's suspension would be almost over.

Cox has been playing all year, so my guess is that was the biggest factor in signing him over some of these other guys like Tru and Winfield. He can play NOW, not in 2-3 weeks.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1q2ehouo said:
Shadowhawk":1q2ehouo said:
My guess is Winfield said "thanks, but no thanks" and Seattle had to go to Plan B.

You really think one has to do with the other?

I'm not taking that for granted.

Yes I do. I think the plan is to sign one veteran and promote one player off of the practice squad (probably Shead.) I think Winfield was their first option and he decided he wanted to stay retired, so they went with Cox.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j4znr48 said:
hawker84":2j4znr48 said:

Winfield wants to win a SB, not be a four game sub until Thurmond's back, then get released. Plus Winfield hasn't played all year, so by the time he's in game shape Thurmond's suspension would be almost over.

Cox has been playing all year, so my guess is that was the biggest factor in signing him over some of these other guys like Tru and Winfield. He can play NOW, not in 2-3 weeks.

Source?

stack600

Reaction score
Why...We don't need him....Put Browner on IR...Bring up Shead from the PS.....Let him work in the rotation with Lane and Maxwell and sign some good young DB off the wire.....For depth..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2si07yxp said:
Sgt. Largent":2si07yxp said:
hawker84":2si07yxp said:

Source?

Why would a player of Winfield's caliber want to come back and play temporarily? He could have already done that with other team's this year if that was the case.

My source? My source is the fact that we're about to sign Cox and not Winfield.