Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The talks with Giants maybe about another safety and not Kam. The Giants have Antrel Rolle, who's a veteran safety and a pretty good one. Maybe the Seahawks are seeking to acquire Rolle rather than trade Kam. Who knows, rumors are going to be flying everywhere now that week 1 is starting. The Seahawks will trade Kam "when pigs fly". He's one of the untouchables (as far as trades go) on the team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2p289y7r said:
I don't get why it's so hard to believe local guys can break stories, especially one that works for cbs.

It doesn't have to come from schefter or glazer to be true. I believe because it makes for them to by "quietly" and not so quietly shopping Kam. They need to show him he truly has no leverage. Report here or you're gone. That said, he won't be traded for anything less than a 2nd

He doesn't work for CBS proper. He is a worker on a radio affiliate station. This is like the Groz's assistant breaking a story and saying it came from ESPN.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ErikG803":pz5oz1j4 said:
Before I get too upset... Twitter is a big place... Who said it? Incarcerated Bob? Or Schefter?

This is the tweet if you are on a mobile phone.
0f745779cb345e2eb556dabc4d9cf514.jpg

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Can KPL or Pinkins grow into Chancellors role? Big mobile safeties? I know neither will become Chancellor and we will miss his physicality and height but I don't see much to love in Bailey or the other SS right now.

kearly

Reaction score
Sometimes teams will make deals in phases. For example, there was a rumor years ago that the Cowboys wanted to sign Peyton Manning and trade Tony Romo. In all likelihood, the Cowboys made phone calls and found a buyer for Romo first, with the idea that if they actually got Manning, they could turn around and deal Romo instantly since a trade would have been put in place beforehand.

Lets say that for arguments sake that the Seahawks are searching the market for a good starting safety. That player is probably going to cost a lot of salary, he'd basically be taking Kam's job permanently. They wouldn't agree to a deal like that unless they already had a buyer lined up for Kam first.

The thing about these two-pronged transactions is that they are notoriously difficult to pull off, and this is why you often hear about how 95% of trade talks fall through and never happen.

It's such a difficult series of moves to pull off, especially with a bit of a pseudo-time limit with the cut deadline only a few hours away, that it's unlikely that Seattle would actually move Chancellor. I'll trust PC/JS whatever they do, but to me, I'd rather have Chancellor miss games then get rid of him forever.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":30ai055y said:
I don't get why it's so hard to believe local guys can break stories, especially one that works for cbs.

It doesn't have to come from schefter or glazer to be true. I believe because it makes for them to by "quietly" and not so quietly shopping Kam. They need to show him he truly has no leverage. Report here or you're gone. That said, he won't be traded for anything less than a 2nd

Local guys can break stories, but guys like Glazer and Schefter usually validate these rumors.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":svza56sw said:
He doesn't work for CBS proper. He is a worker on a radio affiliate station. This is like the Groz's assistant breaking a story and saying it came from ESPN.

To be fair, it's not about your company position but about your social networking. Davis Tsu and Hawkblogger are even less credentialed, but have an abundance of contacts among players, coaches, and other team employees. When those guys get information and pass it along, I take it very seriously.

That said, even those guys have said that they don't pass along everything they hear due to the fact that "A LOT" of stuff they hear even from good sources proves to be completely wrong.

DavidSeven":svza56sw said:
Trading him is like caving to me. It sets just as bad a precedent as giving him a new deal and may be exactly what he wants anyway. The solution is to retain his rights until he decides to show up and start enforcing fines.

That is exactly right. In fact, it's arguably a worse outcome than caving because you lose the player, and it could lead to a mini-exodus of talent as other players copy the tactic.

kobebryant

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ma111kt said:
The talks with Giants maybe about another safety and not Kam. The Giants have Antrel Rolle, who's a veteran safety and a pretty good one. Maybe the Seahawks are seeking to acquire Rolle rather than trade Kam. Who knows, rumors are going to be flying everywhere now that week 1 is starting. The Seahawks will trade Kam "when pigs fly". He's one of the untouchables (as far as trades go) on the team.

Unless you're thinking of someone else, Antrel Rolle plays for the Bears.

Tical21

Reaction score
We're not getting Odell Beckham or Danny Shelton or Julio Jones for Kam Chancellor. Nobody cares about safeties, especially really expensive ones with injuries each of the past two seasons that have proven they will hold out even when paid as one of the higher in their position. We're talking 4th rounder here, maybe a 3rd. Maybe a halfway decent lineman, but that is really a stretch at this point of the year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2r32t1g0 said:
Zero chance we get Odell Bechkham Jr.

I would hope most of the people saying that were joking and didn't seriously believe it. :lol:

ringless

Reaction score
tifferradish":39qkq18l said:
Unless it's for a 1st round pick, no way. If a trade does happen, I think I'm gonna cry, Kam's my favorite player on defense

No way anybody is giving up A 1st. Maybe a 3rd, or one of those rare player for player swaps.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I know it will cause issues, but I hope we can work something out with Kam and get him happy. That's just me being selfish and not considering the ramifications of doing that. Just an emotional response. I feel he is just as important to the lob as Sherman earl.

cacksman

Reaction score
Kamcussion":1ii25cr2 said:
Odell for chancellor... I could see being happy with that

Kam and 1st wouldn't even get OBJ from New York.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think it's more a matter of "name one Giants player who's any good" and that's the only one we can think of.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
kearly":3oq88bef said:
DavidSeven":3oq88bef said:
Trading him is like caving to me. It sets just as bad a precedent as giving him a new deal and may be exactly what he wants anyway. The solution is to retain his rights until he decides to show up and start enforcing fines.
That is exactly right. In fact, it's arguably a worse outcome than caving because you lose the player, and it could lead to a mini-exodus of talent as other players copy the tactic.
The way around that tactic, from the team's perspective, is to get such a high price in the trade that nobody else could realistically contemplate it. THE example of which I speak is Joey Galloway. The team had the same concern, not allowing Joey's holdout & trade to set a precedent. They succeeded.

I'm pretty sure Kam will not fetch two 1st round picks like Joey did, but even a single 1st might be enough.

Latest posts