Russ is shell shocked

chris98251

Reaction score
I think our expectations are so low that a turd versus a turd stepped in is an improvement.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Marshawn would have made the difference if he was healthy. I believe in it strongly, all that 4th quarter plays would have given us some extra yards, used the clock and we come with a win. Russ and Rawls read option keep did not work very well, the defense would have committed one extra player on Marshawn that would give scrambling room for RW.Watch it, if ML returns healthy, we make it all the way. The playbook was built around ML and RW as the two strongest core players on offense. Rawls is great, but he is not built yet for 4th quarter grind and pound. The Cincinatti defense looked so fresh on the 4th quarter because we had not sustaining drives.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I think he is playing good - great for a "shell shocked" QB. Room for TONS of improvement and inadequately supported by the O line... probably. But statistics do show he's playing pretty good - great for a shell shocked QB. Nah I think a shell shocked QB would look a lot different than our guy on tape. Are you just saying that because he looks sorta human now and not like a robot?

STATS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
This Game 15 23 213 65.2 9.26 46 1 1 91.4
October 35 49 500 71.4 10.20 50 2 1 109.2
vs. Cincinnati 15 23 213 65.2 9.26 46 1 1 91.4
In Wins 40 56 522 71.4 9.32 50 2 0 112.3
In Losses 66 94 670 70.2 7.13 46 4 3 91.2

hawkfan68

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2ng9eix9 said:
O-Line was very good today. We should give them their dues, when they played well.
To me, there were three key plays today, which decided the game.
1. The INT from Russell. I still don't understand why he rushed to run a play and forced the ball on first down to Jimmy.
2. Both Kam Chancellor mental mistakes, which resulted in two touch downs by Bengals.
3. Our inability to move the ball in the second half. I don't blame the O-Line for it. We had good yardage on first and second down. We chose to pass on 3rd down ...

There were other small things, which didn't go our way and could have made a massive difference.
1. Locket catch non catch ... would have been huge, if he just kept one more foot inbounds
2. Bennett foul on Dalton after Earl's INT. We could have scored 7, but we got 3.
3. A couple of bad plays by Okung: holding, false start, personal foul, ... etc.

While the INT was bad, it didn't have the impact you are suggesting. The Seahawks forced the Bengals to punt and then Rawls had a 69 yard TD on the first play they got the ball back. The Bengals didn't capitalize on the INT at all.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I started this thread a month ago and still agree 100% with it. I absolutely do not blame Russ for what is going on. How can you blame him behind this horrible line? Even when it does hold up he understandably thinks he must bail for fear of getting killed. Shore this line up and watch Russ become great again.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Thing is he does get good pockets sometimes and he seems to always run out of them. Regardless what you think he is not playing well even under good conditions, that is on him.

Latest posts