Russ MVP?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Josea16":3nay6650 said:
As of right now Seattle should go 13-3 and that should be good enough for HFA throughout the playoffs.

Lol. No.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. In the past 5 games we played 3 of the worst teams in the NFL in the 49ers, Colts, and Giants and actually got beat up on by the Titans. The Rams win was a nice one, but in all honesty, we should have lost that one too. We still have no running game to speak of and our Oline is still really bad. Lets beat a few legitimate teams before we start tooting our own horn.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russell never has the stats to be in the serious MVP conversation, at least not the sexy stats like yards and TD's.

Seymour

Reaction score
Josea16":180l6zr1 said:
.... As of right now Seattle should go 13-3 and that should be good enough for HFA throughout the playoffs.

horse-cart.jpg

themunn

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":25hbokiq said:
Josea16":25hbokiq said:
As of right now Seattle should go 13-3 and that should be good enough for HFA throughout the playoffs.

Lol. No.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. In the past 5 games we played 3 of the worst teams in the NFL in the 49ers, Colts, and Giants and actually got beat up on by the Titans. The Rams win was a nice one, but in all honesty, we should have lost that one too. We still have no running game to speak of and our Oline is still really bad. Lets beat a few legitimate teams before we start tooting our own horn.

Got beat up on by the Titans? We had one bad quarter against them defensively. We outgained them, had more first downs, were no worse than they were on third down, and if not for an intentional grounding in the red zone, could have had a very good opportunity still to win that game. On top of that, you say "we should have lost" the game to the Rams, yet, provide no real reason why - whereas I can point to two massive decisions in the Packers games that stole 7 points we scored - and what should have been a DPI penalty that was completely ignored that to me says we should be 5-1 rather than 4-2.

This is a team that could easily be 6-0 if just for a couple of plays going the right way, now we get to beat up on a bunch of overrated and bad teams at home for the next few weeks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
themunn":36vda836 said:
pittpnthrs":36vda836 said:
Josea16":36vda836 said:

Lol. No.

Got beat up on by the Titans? We had one bad quarter against them defensively. We outgained them, had more first downs, were no worse than they were on third down, and if not for an intentional grounding in the red zone, could have had a very good opportunity still to win that game. On top of that, you say "we should have lost" the game to the Rams, yet, provide no real reason why - whereas I can point to two massive decisions in the Packers games that stole 7 points we scored - and what should have been a DPI penalty that was completely ignored that to me says we should be 5-1 rather than 4-2.

This is a team that could easily be 6-0 if just for a couple of plays going the right way, now we get to beat up on a bunch of overrated and bad teams at home for the next few weeks

Come on, the Titans put up 33 against us no matter how you want to twist it. As for the Rams, I seriously dont have to explain the dropped TD catch in the endzone during the remaining seconds to you, do I? All i'm saying is that its easy to feel good about ourselves when we're winning against cream puffs, but we shouldnt look past the Texans, Falcons, Redskins, Eagles, and yes, Rams going forward. This team hasent convinced me they're that good yet. I hope they prove me wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta love how people would rather dwell on how we should have lost etc. Instead of looking at the fact that we had a ton of opportunities to put up a lot more points vs. the Rams. But they only won because he dropped it blah blah blah. So what? It's a 60 minute game, score more points.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28v0t5qz said:
Gotta love how people would rather dwell on how we should have lost etc. Instead of looking at the fact that we had a ton of opportunities to put up a lot more points vs. the Rams. But they only won because he dropped it blah blah blah. So what? It's a 60 minute game, score more points.

Just pointing out that this team isnt the world beaters that people perceive them to be after beating some easy teams early on. Thats all. They will drop a few more along the way and people shouldnt be surprised.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Seafan":3v3k1ppm said:
He's not in the top 8 of NFL QBs but should be an MVP candidate? Not even in fantasy football.

Wagner and Earl are better choices from this team.

Number 4 QB according to advanced stats, and every QB above him has a better O-line/running game. Cute trolling though

Russell is having a great year as far as I'm concerned. Any better and he'd be at the top. What he does is underrated but it's okay. I don't care if he wins an MVP, just get us that Lombardi. He's bought us enough time to gel the O-line, as he does every year. And now it's time to cook

Scorpion05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2l5nd587 said:
SoulfishHawk":2l5nd587 said:

Just pointing out that this team isnt the world beaters that people perceive them to be after beating some easy teams early on. Thats all. They will drop a few more along the way and people shouldnt be surprised.

You're being an objective fan that's critical of your team, I respect that

But to the outside world, we're a dominant team. Our defense is scary. There isn't an offense in the league we can't handle. And our O-line is beginning to gel. I also don't buy we've beaten "easy" teams. Every team except the Cowboys has struggled with the 49ers. The Rams gave up 40 points to the Niners, and if Cam and Eli weren't so terrible the Eagles would be 4-3. You can nitpick at many teams if you wanted to

Our defense is dominant and Russ is getting hot. I say, we're a team to be reckoned with for sure

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1puavjkr said:
SoulfishHawk":1puavjkr said:

Rams look pretty damn good, they're 4-2 and we beat them at home. Also went toe to toe with Rodgers at Lambeau with a fully healthy roster.

I get what you're saying, but this is the NFL, 4-2 is 4-2.

Who have the Eagles beat? Mediocre Skins team twice, Jets, Chargers, Dolphins, Cardinals and barely beat the Giants, who we just rolled. Lost to the best team they've played all year, the Chiefs.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I hear all you guys and understand that things change from week to week, but the pessimist in me wins out more than I like. All I can think about is that we played 3 teams so far that were cause for concern and worry and we lost 2 of those games. We are lucky that we have a lot of home games for the remainder of the season, but our complete lack of a running game scares me to death.

Ironically, I was never sold on the Eagles or the Chiefs and still arent. I do feel the Falcons will find their stride again and be our main hurdle. Regardless of all that, there isnt any team right now that really stands out except for the Eagles, but I feel they will start their slide soon enough. Soul is right in the fact that we have just as good a shot as anybody.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":25y9qbwv said:
Come on, the Titans put up 33 against us no matter how you want to twist it. As for the Rams, I seriously dont have to explain the dropped TD catch in the endzone during the remaining seconds to you, do I? All i'm saying is that its easy to feel good about ourselves when we're winning against cream puffs, but we shouldnt look past the Texans, Falcons, Redskins, Eagles, and yes, Rams going forward. This team hasent convinced me they're that good yet. I hope they prove me wrong.

This team is still 95% the same team that has been beating good teams for years now. We didn't trade everyone away last year and field all rookies. The position of "bad until proven good" is just as unfounded as "good until proven bad".

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37gy1ayk said:
pittpnthrs":37gy1ayk said:

This team is still 95% the same team that has been beating good teams for years now. We didn't trade everyone away last year and field all rookies. The position of "bad until proven good" is just as unfounded as "good until proven bad".

Well, we weren't all that great last year and it seems like we picked up just where we started with the Oline and the running situation, so you cant fault me for being concerned.

Steve2222

Reaction score
mikeak":odr831dt said:
^ Watson is like Rodgers - elusive. I expect major issues where Houston will get first down after converting third and long over and overnagain

Watson’s stats are very misleading. His advanced statistics are pretty bad. He’s still making tremendously poor decisions as a rookie.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Seymour":3atewrq3 said:
Cc5674":3atewrq3 said:
He just throws the ball up and prays. Seriously! Some of those jump balls go your way but that’s not a sustainable offense. There is NO MVP’s on that pathetic offense. Defense is carrying the team.

That must be why he is always among the league leaders in fewest interceptions year after year. Good god, where are all these smart phone football fans coming from around here?

To the OP...no. Sorry, Russell is not having an MVP type year. And no, they will not consider the piss poor oline. Is what it is.

He chucks and ducks and usually doesn’t see where he is throwing because he is on his back. Great effort but sorry results. Giants had no receivers and still were in the game late in the third quarter because Russell couldn’t get his offense in the end zone. Touchdown to Richardson was an answered prayer. He also threw another one up for grabs that Lockett got the offensive PI on to prevent a pick. Not MVP caliber and you can question my smarts as a football fan after you watch the all 22 film with your rose colored glasses off. Reality sucks! Bottom line is that is not sustainable offense that’s desperation offense. It may work against the 49ers, Colts and a gassed NY Giants D but it’s not going far and it’s not close to MVP caliber.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Cc5674":39hlp9rs said:
Seymour":39hlp9rs said:
Cc5674":39hlp9rs said:
He just throws the ball up and prays. Seriously! Some of those jump balls go your way but that’s not a sustainable offense. There is NO MVP’s on that pathetic offense. Defense is carrying the team.

That must be why he is always among the league leaders in fewest interceptions year after year. Good god, where are all these smart phone football fans coming from around here?

To the OP...no. Sorry, Russell is not having an MVP type year. And no, they will not consider the piss poor oline. Is what it is.

He chucks and ducks and usually doesn’t see where he is throwing because he is on his back. Great effort but sorry results. Giants had no receivers and still were in the game late in the third quarter because Russell couldn’t get his offense in the end zone. Touchdown to Richardson was an answered prayer. He also threw another one up for grabs that Lockett got the offensive PI on to prevent a pick. Not MVP caliber and you can question my smarts as a football fan after you watch the all 22 film with your rose colored glasses off. Reality sucks! Bottom line is that is not sustainable offense that’s desperation offense. It may work against the 49ers, Colts and a gassed NY Giants D but it’s not going far and it’s not close to MVP caliber.

I don't need the all 22, we have all watched his magic for long enough, thanks troll.