Russ MVP?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Cc5674":35w025fa said:
Seymour":35w025fa said:
Cc5674":35w025fa said:
He just throws the ball up and prays. Seriously! Some of those jump balls go your way but that’s not a sustainable offense. There is NO MVP’s on that pathetic offense. Defense is carrying the team.

That must be why he is always among the league leaders in fewest interceptions year after year. Good god, where are all these smart phone football fans coming from around here?

To the OP...no. Sorry, Russell is not having an MVP type year. And no, they will not consider the piss poor oline. Is what it is.

He chucks and ducks and usually doesn’t see where he is throwing because he is on his back. Great effort but sorry results. Giants had no receivers and still were in the game late in the third quarter because Russell couldn’t get his offense in the end zone. Touchdown to Richardson was an answered prayer. He also threw another one up for grabs that Lockett got the offensive PI on to prevent a pick. Not MVP caliber and you can question my smarts as a football fan after you watch the all 22 film with your rose colored glasses off. Reality sucks! Bottom line is that is not sustainable offense that’s desperation offense. It may work against the 49ers, Colts and a gassed NY Giants D but it’s not going far and it’s not close to MVP caliber.

cboom is that you? :3-1:

Seymour

Reaction score
Cc5674":er2hfn64 said:
Seymour":er2hfn64 said:
Cc5674":er2hfn64 said:
He just throws the ball up and prays. Seriously! Some of those jump balls go your way but that’s not a sustainable offense. There is NO MVP’s on that pathetic offense. Defense is carrying the team.

That must be why he is always among the league leaders in fewest interceptions year after year. Good god, where are all these smart phone football fans coming from around here?

To the OP...no. Sorry, Russell is not having an MVP type year. And no, they will not consider the piss poor oline. Is what it is.

He chucks and ducks and usually doesn’t see where he is throwing because he is on his back. Great effort but sorry results. Giants had no receivers and still were in the game late in the third quarter because Russell couldn’t get his offense in the end zone. Touchdown to Richardson was an answered prayer. He also threw another one up for grabs that Lockett got the offensive PI on to prevent a pick. Not MVP caliber and you can question my smarts as a football fan after you watch the all 22 film with your rose colored glasses off. Reality sucks! Bottom line is that is not sustainable offense that’s desperation offense. It may work against the 49ers, Colts and a gassed NY Giants D but it’s not going far and it’s not close to MVP caliber.

Lets just say for the sake of discussion that is true most of the time.

Who's fault would that be?

If the offense is not sustainable, it will drop off quickly. I suggest you sit back and watch some more games. It will be doing the exact opposite most weeks. Me....rose colored glasses? LOL, that is a good one. I posted that once to someone and my post was deleted. I guess you are among the privileged here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Considering hes playing with a league worst line and zero running game he's definitely in the MVP mix and will continue to climb if he keeps playing the way he is. Everyone is quick to kill him for a missed throw here and there but they all miss throws. I watch Brady miss a couple his last outing, Rodgers before he got hurt and Wentz as well. This board is strangely overactive to incomplete passes. He does need to hit the long one to Baldwin but it's not the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

themunn

Reaction score
Anyone still feel he's not part of the conversation?

adeltaY

Reaction score
He's starting to gain steam as an MVP candidate IMO. I think he can do it if we get to 11 wins and he can post 30+ TDs and fewer than 10 picks.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
when did this board become so negative ?

I believe Russ has inserted himself into MVP conversation . Considering he usually starts slow and then turns it up the final 8 games will help . In 2015 he went on a 24-1 Td-INT ratio over the final 8 games . Not saying he will duplicate that but if he comes close and the Hawks keep winning . I can see it . I’ll be rooting for it for sure . Go Hawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There just are many who refuse to enjoy the ride. We all do it our own way. I will never understand assuming the worse all the time, but that's just how some people are. That's fine, whatever works. Just feels a lot better, imo, to believe.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
idk bout all this MVP talk, but the man plays a mean techno flute.

Ezgif 4 3031988a09

Seymour

Reaction score
The reason I dismiss the discussion is because MVP goes to a playoff team member of which we have no idea who that will be. Translation, it is too early for that discussion IMO. Russell hasn't played his best ball of his career this season, so why play this card even after 6 games (when the post was made)? Yes, he's picking it up, but with this oline there will be more setbacks also.
All you are going to do is jinx the guy by bringing up a subject that doesn't have enough data to talk legitimately about.

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":20c9fdq2 said:
^ That never stops college teams from lobbying for Heisman......

I get all that. And I get that it is fun to speculate on. I'm just saying it cannot be a serious discussion yet. About week 10 it can start to get more real.
That said, no I don't expect that to slow any talk down personally. :2thumbs:

Chapow

Reaction score
They should just go ahead and change the name of the award from "Most Valuable Player" to "The Guy That Put Up The Most Gaudy Stats That Is Almost Always A QB".

chris98251

Reaction score
I kind of thought it was the Leagues biggest asshole, Rodgers, Brady, Manning.

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":181z3jrr said:
I kind of thought it was the Leagues biggest asshole, Rodgers, Brady, Manning.

Or Sexist SCam.

Brady's deserved it the past couple years and hasn't got it IMO.