Russ to be featured on cover of Rolling Stone.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":1udebrdx said:
Ya, that was strange. A lot of the language he uses is a little odd. But, like I said if you can control your thought process and the way you speak, it can do a lot to mold who you are. "Self Actualization" sort of. Keep telling yourself something until it becomes true, or at least "true" for you.

I haven't read the actual RS article yet, guess I will after work. But "telling yourself something until it becomes true" explains A LOT about him, in all aspects, good and bad IMO.

Interesting.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Snake Plisskin":o94xmp5q said:
I bet that's the first time in Russell's life that he's ever made that face.

Pretty sure that he and Ashton were married

:lol:

-bsd

scutterhawk

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":2cfz9k03 said:
Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother... hope there's someone old enough here to get that reference.
^
'Wanna see my smilin' face' :les:
and on the Moss gig?, everybody knows that "A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss" :lol:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
And of course the media spinners are already running with the Recovery Water story. Regardless of what he said, and the article says he offered that he doesn't have scientific proof, just anecdotes, the story is gonna be that Russell is either a snake oil salesman or a nutter.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MysterMatt":7nufhf2n said:
And of course the media spinners are already running with the Recovery Water story. Regardless of what he said, and the article says he offered that he doesn't have scientific proof, just anecdotes, the story is gonna be that Russell is either a snake oil salesman or a nutter.

Rodgers offered the "we don't have scientific proof." Russell is a full on believer. He is a bit of a nutter, but it works for him and I say more power to him. It affects me not at all. Even if the effect of the water is only in his head I hope he drinks it during every half time.

kearly

Reaction score
The fact that anyone is making a big deal out of the water story shows just how many people there are who are desperate for any reason to hate Russ. Probably because they are hostile to his demonstrations of his faith, or because they still can't accept that someone with his unusual style can be successful in the NFL.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Tebow-hate has been transferred to Wilson by people who aren't as smart as they think they are.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
McGruff":lat7x0qy said:
HawkFan72":lat7x0qy said:
That's really the best picture they had of Andrew Luck from the whole photoshoot?

have you seen Andrew Luck? Makes John Elway look good . . .

slobberluck.gif

kearly

Reaction score
StoneCold":1lik9zod said:
He is a bit of a nutter, but it works for him and I say more power to him.

I agree with your point, but personally I don't think Russell is a crazy person.

Regarding the water, I don't know how legit it is, but this is what I found on their website:

Scientists from a Tacoma, WA-based biotech company have developed Recovery Water using a special electro-kinetically modified process. In this process, Recovery Water is infused with charged nano-structures, which are proven safe to consume and highly effective in promoting healthy cells.

Our scientists have effectively enhanced the water without changing the natural, healthy properties of it. Recovery Water tastes, looks and hydrates just like water but also improves the body’s natural recovery process.

So while it obviously isn't a cure for concussions, it's not unreasonable to think it could help with mild incidents. Some people are harder to concuss than others. Russell has been remarkably resilient against concussions his whole career.

Besides, it's not like he claimed that he had a concussion and the water cured it. He said he banged his head, i.e. something minor, he took some biotech engineered water recommended by a teammate who was recovering from an injury (to recharge his cells), and the next day Russ said he felt great. Only a fool or someone with an agenda would look at that and think in cynical terms.

StoneCold

Reaction score
kearly":a4hfuwwc said:
StoneCold":a4hfuwwc said:
He is a bit of a nutter, but it works for him and I say more power to him.

I agree with your point, but personally I don't think Russell is a crazy person.

Regarding the water, I don't know how legit it is, but this is what I found on their website:

Scientists from a Tacoma, WA-based biotech company have developed Recovery Water using a special electro-kinetically modified process. In this process, Recovery Water is infused with charged nano-structures, which are proven safe to consume and highly effective in promoting healthy cells.

Our scientists have effectively enhanced the water without changing the natural, healthy properties of it. Recovery Water tastes, looks and hydrates just like water but also improves the body’s natural recovery process.

So while it obviously isn't a cure for concussions, it's not unreasonable to think it could help with mild incidents. Some people are harder to concuss than others. Russell has been remarkably resilient against concussions his whole career.

Besides, it's not like he claimed that he had a concussion and the water cured it. He said he banged his head, i.e. something minor, he took some biotech engineered water recommended by a teammate who was recovering from an injury (to recharge his cells), and the next day Russ said he felt great. Only a fool or someone with an agenda would look at that and think in cynical terms.

Certainly not crazy. As for the water? Yikes that description reeks of snake oil sales pitch. It may be real, not saying it's not, but how about some studies on it's effectiveness before selling.

And I'm not bashing Russ, just being real. I still love his balls.

blue 22

Reaction score
Russ is not winning any new fans over lately. Wonder if his entourage notices and tells him to shut it. oh well who cares?

kearly

Reaction score
StoneCold":88n8uuue said:
Certainly not crazy. As for the water? Yikes that description reeks of snake oil sales pitch. It may be real, not saying it's not, but how about some studies on it's effectiveness before selling.

And I'm not bashing Russ, just being real. I still love his balls.

Explain why you think it's snake oil salesmanship? I see a guy who did NOT have a concussion who 'banged his head' (specifically, Matthews nailed him in the jaw), and recovered a little faster because he drank Biotech engineered water which targets cells for quicker restoration. It only sounds like snake-oil if you judge instantly, not if you dig further into the details.

ivotuk

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":1kbtgsfn said:
Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother... hope there's someone old enough here to get that reference.

"We take all kinda pills
That give us all kinda thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rollin' Stone"

:th2thumbs:

Saw him perform in Fairbanks, Alaska along with Greg Allman. Sadly, Joe Walsh never made it here (vague song reference).