Russ to be featured on cover of Rolling Stone.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":wl7m9f22 said:
LymonHawk":wl7m9f22 said:
Ya know I love ya, Kip...but c'mon, how could people not goof on RW over a comment like this? If any other NFL Celebrity said something like this on a national stage, wouldn't most of us here be making jokes about that player? IMHO: Just because folks have some fun at RW's expense, does mean they hate him.

I love this guy on the field, he's fun, he's exciting, he wins. What he does off the field, as long as it's legal, doesn't bother me.

Note: Hey Folks, please leave the religious stuff in the PWR forum. Thanks.

Read the PFT comments, or Russell's twitter. There is definitely some real hate in there.

He left himself open to ridicule big time by drawing his own medical conclusions about a product he stands to benefit from financially. Whoever is supposed to be managing his PR is doing a terrible job this summer.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":21xto313 said:
kearly":21xto313 said:
LymonHawk":21xto313 said:
Ya know I love ya, Kip...but c'mon, how could people not goof on RW over a comment like this? If any other NFL Celebrity said something like this on a national stage, wouldn't most of us here be making jokes about that player? IMHO: Just because folks have some fun at RW's expense, does mean they hate him.

I love this guy on the field, he's fun, he's exciting, he wins. What he does off the field, as long as it's legal, doesn't bother me.

Read the PFT comments, or Russell's twitter. There is definitely some real hate in there.

He left himself open to ridicule big time by drawing his own medical conclusions about a product he stands to benefit from financially. Whoever is supposed to be managing his PR is doing a terrible job this summer.

Oh I totally agree. But that is beside the point about the anti-Russ contingency.

There are fans from other teams who want to have a real reason to hate Wilson and now they finally have *something* to glom onto. Hence the outburst of hateful comments on PFT and Twitter.

This whole thing is so silly it's almost funny, but I can't say I'm surprised at all. Lot of people out there have been coiled like rattlesnakes waiting to strike the past 3 years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever gets people thru the day. Putting someone else down must make them feel better. I just want to watch my damn football team and see them get back to the Super Bowl. I fully expect it, and none of this extra stuff about Russ will change the way he plays.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
After reading this article.. I'll just say I love him on the field, but off the field.. yikes.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":xkx92yxp said:
Thanks, but my point stands. The water and jeebus magic are all a lot of media outlets will glom on to. My "beliefs" may be very different than his, and I do find lots of what he says irritating from time to time, but this obsession with making him out to be a nutter or, "the next Tebow", really is annoying. As a public figure he has volunteered his public comments for scrutiny, but the "analysis" by many is, as kearly pointed out, just vitriol and resentment. Lame.

And goes to which teams jersey is being worn.

canfan

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":29y4byjh said:
Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother... hope there's someone old enough here to get that reference.

Now you've got me blowing the dust off my collection! I have a sudden urge to listen to "Roland the Roadie" and maybe a little "Acupulco Goldie"!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3pmx7mmy said:
hawknation2015":3pmx7mmy said:
kearly":3pmx7mmy said:
LymonHawk":3pmx7mmy said:

Oh I totally agree. But that is beside the point about the anti-Russ contingency.

There are fans from other teams who want to have a real reason to hate Wilson and now they finally have *something* to glom onto. Hence the outburst of hateful comments on PFT and Twitter.

This whole thing is so silly it's almost funny, but I can't say I'm surprised at all. Lot of people out there have been coiled like rattlesnakes waiting to strike the past 3 years.

Of course they have, it's a natural thing. How many on this board gloated when the Deflagate monstrosity started? Same thing.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
canfan":6ignwcfy said:
imnKOgnito":6ignwcfy said:
Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother... hope there's someone old enough here to get that reference.

Now you've got me blowing the dust off my collection! I have a sudden urge to listen to "Roland the Roadie" and maybe a little "Acupulco Goldie"!

Freaker's Ball, Get My Rocks Off, and Sylvia's Mother.

Roland the Roadie
Loved Gertrude the groupie
But Gertrude the groupie
Loved groups...

LOL! I didn't even have to look that up, I remember the tune. Silverstein was a friggin' genius.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39id7gqx said:
Whatever gets people thru the day. Putting someone else down must make them feel better. I just want to watch my damn football team and see them get back to the Super Bowl. I fully expect it, and none of this extra stuff about Russ will change the way he plays.

As it should be. IMHO :thirishdrinkers:

olyfan63

Reaction score
ivotuk":3itymru4 said:
imnKOgnito":3itymru4 said:

"We take all kinda pills
That give us all kinda thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rollin' Stone"

:th2thumbs:

Saw him perform in Fairbanks, Alaska along with Greg Allman. Sadly, Joe Walsh never made it here (vague song reference).

Haters saying Russ is crazy but it takes all his time...

So Life's Been Good To You (So Far) except for missing out on JW?

Lanakila

Reaction score
Snake Plisskin":igd42b8y said:
imnKOgnito":igd42b8y said:

I am and I did.

Dr. Hook

"The Cover Of The Rolling Stone"

Same. Great song. Good quote.

McGruff

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2zck8l2x said:
kearly":2zck8l2x said:
hawknation2015":2zck8l2x said:

Of course they have, it's a natural thing. How many on this board gloated when the Deflagate monstrosity started? Same thing.

Yeah, cause cheating at the sports you get paid to play is totally the same as saying "water is good for you."

LymonHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2s4yhfez said:
LymonHawk":2s4yhfez said:
kearly":2s4yhfez said:
hawknation2015":2s4yhfez said:

Yeah, cause cheating at the sports you get paid to play is totally the same as saying "water is good for you."

McGruff: Methinks you missed my point. Listen, friend, we've known each other a long time and we all know how you feel about RW, and in large part why you approve of what he says.

BTW: RW didn't say, 'Water is good for you." He basically said was, 'The water I sell is good for you.' Big difference.

And please, please, take your religious arguments to the proper forum.