Russ to be featured on cover of Rolling Stone.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
bigskydoc":vzbtgz4e said:
Snake Plisskin":vzbtgz4e said:
I bet that's the first time in Russell's life that he's ever made that face.

Pretty sure that he and Ashton were married

:lol:

-bsd

:34853_doh: How did I forget that?

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
ivotuk":3t4hztge said:
imnKOgnito":3t4hztge said:
Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother... hope there's someone old enough here to get that reference.

"We take all kinda pills
That give us all kinda thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rollin' Stone"

:th2thumbs:

Saw him perform in Fairbanks, Alaska along with Greg Allman. Sadly, Joe Walsh never made it here (vague song reference).

:th2thumbs: Looks like we got us a lot of AARP eligibles here.

grizbob

Reaction score
ivotuk":1cbcdbca said:
imnKOgnito":1cbcdbca said:
Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother... hope there's someone old enough here to get that reference.

"We take all kinda pills
That give us all kinda thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rollin' Stone"

:th2thumbs:

Saw him perform in Fairbanks, Alaska along with Greg Allman. Sadly, Joe Walsh never made it here (vague song reference).

Kind of fitting too, the name of the group is Dr Hook and the Medicine Show :mrgreen:

StoneCold

Reaction score
kearly":2ngcsy7k said:
StoneCold":2ngcsy7k said:
Certainly not crazy. As for the water? Yikes that description reeks of snake oil sales pitch. It may be real, not saying it's not, but how about some studies on it's effectiveness before selling.

And I'm not bashing Russ, just being real. I still love his balls.

Explain why you think it's snake oil salesmanship? I see a guy who did NOT have a concussion who 'banged his head' (specifically, Matthews nailed him in the jaw), and recovered a little faster because he drank Biotech engineered water which targets cells for quicker restoration. It only sounds like snake-oil if you judge instantly, not if you dig further into the details.

That's just anecdotal information. Scientific value is zero. Charged nano particles sounds like something from Star Trek. Perhaps they'll turn out to be as real as many other gadgets from that visionary show, but we won't know until we science it.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
StoneCold":2nssklqm said:
MysterMatt":2nssklqm said:
And of course the media spinners are already running with the Recovery Water story. Regardless of what he said, and the article says he offered that he doesn't have scientific proof, just anecdotes, the story is gonna be that Russell is either a snake oil salesman or a nutter.

Rodgers offered the "we don't have scientific proof." Russell is a full on believer. He is a bit of a nutter, but it works for him and I say more power to him. It affects me not at all. Even if the effect of the water is only in his head I hope he drinks it during every half time.
Thanks, but my point stands. The water and jeebus magic are all a lot of media outlets will glom on to. My "beliefs" may be very different than his, and I do find lots of what he says irritating from time to time, but this obsession with making him out to be a nutter or, "the next Tebow", really is annoying. As a public figure he has volunteered his public comments for scrutiny, but the "analysis" by many is, as kearly pointed out, just vitriol and resentment. Lame.

Cartire

Reaction score
themunn":xfs53lou said:
I gather Rolling Stone couldn't get Moss?

I'll allow it. But watch it, anymore dad jokes and Ill hold you in contempt.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with Russ's comment in itself (especially if it's true), but the fact that he invests in the product and presumably profits off its consumption is what will invite scrutiny. If it was just a neutral endorsement, I don't think people would care.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
worst rag ever! the guys from generation kill summed up Rolling stone perfectly

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Why would they publish the entire article on their website? I was going to buy the thing but now I have no reason to do so.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kearly":3uumx59g said:
The fact that anyone is making a big deal out of the water story shows just how many people there are who are desperate for any reason to hate Russ. Probably because they are hostile to his demonstrations of his faith, or because they still can't accept that someone with his unusual style can be successful in the NFL.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Tebow-hate has been transferred to Wilson by people who aren't as smart as they think they are.
Truth ^
For a bunch of them?, Faith is indigestible.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2zwo2xst said:
I don't really have a problem with Russ's comment in itself (especially if it's true), but the fact that he invests in the product and presumably profits off its consumption is what will invite scrutiny. If it was just a neutral endorsement, I don't think people would care.

I think your observation about perception is fair.

I've long felt that celebrity investment in a product is much more meaningful than celebrity endorsement. Russ likes the product, so he invests in it. Does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to praise that product publicly without having his motives questioned? Given the $87 million contract he just inked, I think it is much more likely that he genuine in his appreciation and not attempting to make a buck. A suspicious eye makes sense, but a cynical conclusion does not, IMO.

What is annoying is how Tebow/Wilson haters are spinning this into a 'holy water' religious nonsense by exaggerating what was said and blowing it way out of proportion. Never mind that Tom Brady has endorsed very similar products. If Andrew Luck talked about how he liked the results he got from taking biotech engineered water to regenerate his cells after taking a big hit to the jaw, we'd all be celebrating him as the ultimate 21st century QB, not some back alley huckster.

Slick

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1fdzrqpp said:
Also: I'm not sure that any of those artists qualify as "must-hear."

Especially Macklemore. I hope his new album hype-machine isn't plastered all over CenturyLink this year. Not to mention we'll have to hear it all over the PA. I will plug my ears. "Hipster-Hop" sucks IMHO.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Snake Plisskin":3151tldc said:
imnKOgnito":3151tldc said:

I am and I did.

Dr. Hook

"The Cover Of The Rolling Stone"

The song was written by Shel Silverstein. A great tribute album of Shel's songs came out a few years ago. I think Frank Black covered the track in question.

lsheldon

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":3pbym6ch said:

I was expecting someone to suggest Poison....

Can you say high as a kite?

[youtube]npxRpGguGGI[/youtube]

LymonHawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":36fisdu6 said:
Snake Plisskin":36fisdu6 said:
imnKOgnito":36fisdu6 said:

I am and I did.

Dr. Hook

"The Cover Of The Rolling Stone"

The song was written by Shel Silverstein. A great tribute album of Shel's songs came out a few years ago. I think Frank Black covered the track in question.

I love Shel Silverstein! A man of many talents. He wrote most of Dr. Hook's hits.

We lost a great talent when we lost Silverstein.

Oh yeah, I used to 'cover' Cover of the Rolling Stone. Hey, Ray...

LymonHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2r8vzij7 said:
kearly":2r8vzij7 said:
The fact that anyone is making a big deal out of the water story shows just how many people there are who are desperate for any reason to hate Russ. Probably because they are hostile to his demonstrations of his faith, or because they still can't accept that someone with his unusual style can be successful in the NFL.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Tebow-hate has been transferred to Wilson by people who aren't as smart as they think they are.
Truth ^
For a bunch of them?, Faith is indigestible.

Ya know I love ya, Kip...but c'mon, how could people not goof on RW over a comment like this? If any other NFL Celebrity said something like this on a national stage, wouldn't most of us here be making jokes about that player? IMHO: Just because folks have some fun at RW's expense, does mean they hate him.

I love this guy on the field, he's fun, he's exciting, he wins. What he does off the field, as long as it's legal, doesn't bother me.

Note: Hey Folks, please leave the religious stuff in the PWR forum. Thanks.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Cartire":8minvf38 said:
themunn":8minvf38 said:
I gather Rolling Stone couldn't get Moss?

I'll allow it. But watch it, anymore dad jokes and Ill hold you in contempt.

No more dad jokes? But Papa was a rolling stone....

kearly

Reaction score
LymonHawk":24ldd6et said:
Ya know I love ya, Kip...but c'mon, how could people not goof on RW over a comment like this? If any other NFL Celebrity said something like this on a national stage, wouldn't most of us here be making jokes about that player? IMHO: Just because folks have some fun at RW's expense, does mean they hate him.

I love this guy on the field, he's fun, he's exciting, he wins. What he does off the field, as long as it's legal, doesn't bother me.

Note: Hey Folks, please leave the religious stuff in the PWR forum. Thanks.

Read the PFT comments, or Russell's twitter. There is definitely some real hate in there.

As said before, if Andrew Luck talks about how biotech water helped him with a head injury, the reaction would be different. It's because Russell has basically been given the Tebow mantle by a certain group of fans that everything gets latched onto as crazy talk.

I'll admit that Russell (saying on twitter than he believes the water prevented a concussion) does deserve some ribbing for stepping out on the limb too far. But it was in a casual conversation and I've heard people make these kinds of unsubstantiated claims for products they like all the damn time. He invested in the company because he likes it, and he gave a testimonial, and everybody jumps on him like he committed insider trading. I get the 'why', but the reaction is over the top, IMO. These days we just love to blow everything up into something big.