Russ was CLASSY

W

Welshers

Look, I thought Russell played terrible (as I predicted) but I need to give him some credit and say he carried himself with class.

He handled the boos very well and was graceful to his former teammates both before and after the game. He also stuck around to trade jerseys with DK.

He was also class in his post game presser, complementing the Hawks and refusing to throw his coach under the buss for what was a baffling decision.

Yes, I thought russ carried himself with class last night. He earned some respect back from me. I wish he hadn't been bood.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell has beach front property in the Mojave Desert to sell you also.

Typical Russell fronting his Brand, his body language on the sidelines and expression shows he was not a happy camper. Last 4 or 5 years here he put on the same face, yet we find there was a lot of discontent as many of us thought behind the scenes that many made excuses for because HE SAID IN HIS PRESS CONFERENCE.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Look, I thought Russell played terrible (as I predicted) but I need to give him some credit and say he carried himself with class.

He handled the boos very well and was graceful to his former teammates both before and after the game. He also stuck around to trade jerseys with DK.

He was also class in his post game presser, complementing the Hawks and refusing to throw his coach under the buss for what was a baffling decision.

Yes, I thought russ carried himself with class last night. He earned some respect back from me. I wish he hadn't been bood.

The boos were deserved. He needed to hear that Seattle fans are smart enough to see through his smarmy BS

Ozzy

Reaction score
He played fairly well considering this is a good defense with a new staff and scheme. He threw for 350 almost had 2 touchdowns etc. He wasn't his usual great self but he was fairly good.

HIm and DK are buddies so not shocked they switched jerseys.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
He played fairly well considering this is a good defense with a new staff and scheme. He threw for 350 almost had 2 touchdowns etc. He wasn't his usual great self but he was fairly good.

HIm and DK are buddies so not shocked they switched jerseys.

Almost threw 3 INTs as well...

Seahawker

Reaction score

Classy...?
You're entitled to your broken hearted interpretation.
I saw a quarter billion $ blue ribbon donkey wearing a mint green silk suit speaking through his sports psychologist to keep his brand intact. The Bronco's have hitched their wagon to RW and I couldn't be happier for them.

Rainger

Reaction score

Sorry but you have been deceived by a great narcissistic politician.

They say and act the way they want you to perceive them. Of course he has to be like that to protect his brand and image.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I saw a Russ last night that was trying to do things he didn't often do previously, which is to take what the defense gives you instead of looking to air it out every time. I suspect as he continues to improve in that regard he will become a better QB than he has been in the recent past. So, I don't agree that Russ played bad. I prefer to see it that our defense played pretty darned well.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I saw a Russ last night that was trying to do things he didn't often do previously, which is to take what the defense gives you instead of looking to air it out every time. I suspect as he continues to improve in that regard he will become a better QB than he has been in the recent past. So, I don't agree that Russ played bad. I prefer to see it that our defense played pretty darned well.
was this meant for the "RUSS IS TRASH" thread? lol im so confused on what both threads are now tbh

toffee

Reaction score
Either Russ read dot net or one of his people is on dot net. In his post game presser, he spent time to addressing that he has friends in Hawks' locker room. He named names and the frequency of connecting with each other. That took up a BIG chunk of his presser time. Almost like he made effort to dispute what we have been saying on dot net that he has no friends in the locker room.

May be we need to be more careful with our language in talking about players, they do read social media and they do have feelings.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Either Russ read dot net or one of his people is on dot net. In his post game presser, he spent time to addressing that he has friends in Hawks' locker room. He named names and the frequency of connecting with each other. That took up a BIG chunk of his presser time. Almost like he made effort to dispute what we have been saying on dot net that he has no friends in the locker room.

May be we need to be more careful with our language in talking about players, they do read social media and they do have feelings.

F*ck em.

JPatera76

Reaction score

i mean i wouldn't be surprised but...they're also free to talk in here to. they don't have to defend anything they dont want to but theyre more than welcome like everyone else to partake in the conversations.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Russ talked about how great Russ was/is, as always. We should be able to see through that crap as fans, knowing what we know.
Yeah, I don't know how people missed Russ talking about how great he was and how he was "totally locked in"... With statements like that he's basically blaming the rest of the team for the loss rather than taking responsibility as the QB and the leader. That's not my idea of classy.

toffee

Reaction score
i mean i wouldn't be surprised but...they're also free to talk in here to. they don't have to defend anything they dont want to but theyre more than welcome like everyone else to partake in the conversations.
I think Russ cares more about his image than most, I found it interesting that he spent so much time talking about his friends in locker room.

keasley45

Reaction score

What you saw him doing was trying to repaint the truth. He tries to point out that he has so many great relationships because in truth, many of them are fractured. He constantly says he knows he's great, because it was his greatness being questioned that led to JS wanting to trade him. He's always saying he knows he's one of the best, because people have questioned whether Denver was right in tradung for him.
It's basic psychology. With Russ, some of it is him actually saying out loud those things an emotional coach would have him saying to himself all the time to thwart negative thoughts. In other instances, he's painting over flaws.
I think I remember him saying how he was poised in the game. ... a strange thing to say about onesself after a perfirmance like his.
Its all easy to take as narcissistic behavior. Some of it certainly is being self absorbed. But I think some of it is also that he's just an odd duck and above all validates the stories about Pete protecting him. Dudes emotional stress... he wears it like that ugly suit he had on. He can't filter it.