Russ was CLASSY

toffee

Reaction score
That is something I do not understand. The only explanation I can come up with is that he felt like the only thing that might work for him was to play to his best strengths.
Because "business" is so much of the nfl picture these days playing to HIS strengths probably overshadowed what would have been best for the team. His "carry the team" comment points that direction in a backhanded fashion.
I think we all could understand and accept there were some tension and bad blood on this messy divorce. Russ was showing the world whatever that was accused of his playing limitations were untrue, he took this national broadcasted MNF to show that he could throw to Tigh ends, he could check downs, he could do lay-ups, etc. etc.,

There are two possibilities, either the Hawks' system caused Russ not to do the stuff that he was accused of not doing, OR, this is an one time show you deal but he will soon go back to doing what he likes.

Friends teased that I don't like pickup trucks, so I bought a 4" lifted jet black Comanche with oversized wheels/tires and light bar, ok I owned it for couple of months, climbed some rocks and got rid of it. In the end, we do what we like to do, I enjoy charging up curvy mountain roads braking and shifting as close to corners as possible, that's me, going at 5 mph over some big rocks ain't me. I bought the truck so I could tell all the "haters/teasers" that I have been there and done that.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I guess I get the gist of your analogy with the lifted Comanche vs Russ trying to prove doubters wrong.
I really think both you & RW would have been much better served to just drive a Subaru with a Seahawk sticker on the back.

rigelian

Reaction score
I saw a Russ last night that was trying to do things he didn't often do previously, which is to take what the defense gives you instead of looking to air it out every time. I suspect as he continues to improve in that regard he will become a better QB than he has been in the recent past. So, I don't agree that Russ played bad. I prefer to see it that our defense played pretty darned well.
I kept saying why couldn't he do that when he was here? He did check downs, he threw to his tight ends, etc. I wonder what convinced him...Richard Sherman saying that taking what the defense gives you distinguishes Brady from Russ...or his desire to break form to try and stick it up Carrols butt. Either way...it was a better more consistent QB.